Locked
18 posts • Page 1 of 1
So I decided to try to open the skyrim skill tree screen and when I came out of it the skill names changed. It happens every time I open the hero menu now, does anyone know how to fix it? I've tried saving and reloading.
Attachments
screenshot of what happened
screenshot of what happened
Do you have a file named translate_english.txt under Skyrim/Data/Interface ? If so pls open it and post a screenshot of its contents. :-)
[+]
$ TO PLACE TO PLACE
$ TO STEAL TO STEAL
$10 Mins 10 Mins
$15 Mins 15 Mins
$30 Mins 30 Mins
$360 Controller 360 Controller
$45 Mins 45 Mins
$5 Mins 5 Mins
$60 Mins 60 Mins
$Accept Accept
$Activate Activate
$Actor Fade Actor Fade
$Add Add
$Animals Killed Animals Killed
$ARMOR ARMOR
$Armor Improved Armor Improved
$Armor Made Armor Made
$Armor Rating Armor Rating
$Arrows Arrows
$Assaults Assaults
$Audio Audio
$Auto-Move Auto-Move
$Automatons Killed Automatons Killed
$Autosave Timer Autosave Timer
$Back Back
$Backstabs Backstabs
$Barters Barters
$Books Read Books Read
$Brawls Won Brawls Won
$Bribes Bribes
$Brightness Brightness
$Bunnies Slaughtered Bunnies Slaughtered
$Buy Buy
$Cancel Cancel
$Carry Weight Carry Weight
$Charge Charge
$Charges Charges
$CHARGES CHARGES
$Chests Looted Chests Looted
$Civil War Quests Completed Civil War Quests Completed
$College of Winterhold Quests Completed College of Winterhold Quests Completed
$COMBAT COMBAT
$Conjuration Conjuration
$CONTINUE CONTINUE
$Controls Controls
$CONTROLS CONTROLS
$Cost Cost
$COST COST
$CRAFTING CRAFTING
$Crafting_$DLC2ArmorBonemold BONEMOLD
$Crafting_$DLC2ArmorChitin CHITIN
$Crafting_$DLC2ArmorNordic NORDIC
$Crafting_$DLC2ArmorStalhrim STALHRIM
$Creatures Killed Creatures Killed
$CREDITS CREDITS
$CRIME CRIME
$Critical Strikes Critical Strikes
$Crosshair Crosshair
$Current Location Current Location
$Daedra Killed Daedra Killed
$Daedric Quests Completed Daedric Quests Completed
$DAMAGE DAMAGE
$Damage Damage
$Dawnguard Quests Completed Dawnguard Quests Completed
$DAWNGUARD_ESMName Dawnguard
$Days as a Vampire Days as a Vampire
$Days as a Werewolf Days as a Werewolf
$Days Jailed Days Jailed
$Days Passed Days Passed
$Defaults Defaults
$Delete Delete
$Delete this save? Delete this save?
$Desktop Desktop
$DETECTED DETECTED
$Dialogue Subtitles Dialogue Subtitles
$Difficulty Difficulty
$Disabled Disabled
$Diseases Contracted Diseases Contracted
$Display Display
$Done Done
$DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT ADD-ONS
$DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT_PS3 DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT
$Dragon Souls Collected Dragon Souls Collected
$Dragonborn Quests Completed Dragonborn Quests Completed
$DRAGONBORN_ESMName Dragonborn
$Dragons Killed Dragons Killed
$Drop Drop
$Dungeons Cleared Dungeons Cleared
$Eastmarch Bounty Eastmarch Bounty
$Easy Apprentice
$Eat Eat
$Effects Effects
$Equip Equip
$Exit Exit
$FACTION FACTION
$Falkreath Bounty Falkreath Bounty
$Favorite Favorite
$Favorite School Favorite School
$Favorite Shout Favorite Shout
$Favorite Spell Favorite Spell
$Favorite Weapon Favorite Weapon
$Favorites Favorites
$Fines Paid Fines Paid
$Food Eaten Food Eaten
$Footsteps Footsteps
$Forward Forward
$Gameplay Gameplay
$GENERAL GENERAL
$GENERAL STATS GENERAL STATS
$General Subtitles General Subtitles
$Give Give
$GIVE GIFT GIVE GIFT
$Gold Gold
$Gold Found Gold Found
$Grass Fade Grass Fade
$Haafingar Bounty Haafingar Bounty
$Hard Expert
$HEALTH HEALTH
$Health Health
$HEARTHFIRES_ESMName Hearthfire
$HELP HELP
$HIDDEN HIDDEN
$Hjaalmarch Bounty Hjaalmarch Bounty
$HK10 AXE
$HK11 DGR
$HK12 BOW
$HK13 SHD
$HK14 GSW
$HK15 BTX
$HK16 WHM
$HK17 DWL
$HK18 DWR
$HK19 SOUL
$HK20 FLM
$HK21 ZAP
$HK22 CLD
$HK23 WRD
$HK24 RIT
$HK25 BWPN
$HK26 SUMM
$HK27 ARMR
$HK28 CLM
$HK29 FRNZ
$HK30 HEAL
$HK31 HP
$HK32 MP
$HK33 SP
$HK34 PSN
$HK35 LGHT
$HK36 XBOW
$HK8 SWD
$HK9 MCE
$Horses Owned Horses Owned
$Horses Stolen Horses Stolen
$hour hour
$hours hours
$Hours Slept Hours Slept
$Hours Waiting Hours Waiting
$Houses Owned Houses Owned
$How many? How many?
$HUD Opacity HUD Opacity
$Ingredients Eaten Ingredients Eaten
$Ingredients Harvested Ingredients Harvested
$Input Mapping Input Mapping
$Intimidations Intimidations
$Inv/INV Inv/INV
$Invert Y Invert Y
$Item Fade Item Fade
$ITEMS ITEMS
$Items Pickpocketed Items Pickpocketed
$Items Stolen Items Stolen
$Jail Escapes Jail Escapes
$Journal Journal
$Jump Jump
$Kinect Kinect
$Kinect Tuner Kinect Tuner
$Large Large
$Largest Bounty Largest Bounty
$Left Attack/Block Left Hand
$Legendary Legendary
$LEVEL LEVEL
$Level Level
$Level Progress Level Progress
$LEVEL UP LEVEL UP
$Light Fade Light Fade
$Listening Listening
$LOAD LOAD
$Load this game? Load this game?
$Load this game? All unsaved progress will be lost. Load this game? All unsaved progress will be lost.
$Loading downloadable content... Loading Add-Ons
$Loading downloadable content..._PS3 Loading downloadable content...
$Loading extra content. Loading Add-Ons
$Loading extra content._PS3 Loading extra content.
$Local Map Local Map
$Locations Discovered Locations Discovered
$Lock Level Lock Level
$Lockpicking Lockpicking
$Lockpicks Broken Lockpicks Broken
$Lockpicks Left Lockpicks Left
$Locks Picked Locks Picked
$Look Sensitivity Look Sensitivity
$lvl lvl
$Mag Mag
$MAGIC MAGIC
$Magic Items Made Magic Items Made
$Magicka Magicka
$MAGICKA MAGICKA
$Main Menu Main Menu
$Main Quests Completed Main Quests Completed
$MAP MAP
$Marketplace Xbox LIVE Marketplace
$Master Master
$Mauls Mauls
$Medium Medium
$Menus Menus
$min min
$mins mins
$Misc Objectives Completed Misc Objectives Completed
$MISCELLANEOUS MISCELLANEOUS
$Most Gold Carried Most Gold Carried
$Mouse Acceleration Mouse Acceleration
$Murders Murders
$Music Music
$NAME NAME
$Necks Bitten Necks Bitten
$NEW NEW
$New content available New content available!
$Next/Prev Next/Prev
$Nirnroots Found Nirnroots Found
$No No
$No content downloaded No Add-Ons downloaded
$No content downloaded_PS3 No content downloaded
$Normal Adept
$Object Fade Object Fade
$Object LOD Fade Object LOD Fade
$OBJECTIVES OBJECTIVES
$OK OK
$Open Xbox LIVE Marketplace? Open Xbox LIVE Marketplace?
$Pause System Tab
$People Killed People Killed
$per sec per sec
$Perks to increase: Perks to increase:
$Persuasions Persuasions
$Player Gold Gold
$Pockets Picked Pockets Picked
$Poisons Mixed Poisons Mixed
$Poisons Used Poisons Used
$Potions Mixed Potions Mixed
$Potions Used Potions Used
$Power Power
$Press a button to map to this action. Press a button to map to this action.
$Press [START] PRESS START
$QUEST QUEST
$Questlines Completed Questlines Completed
$QUESTS QUESTS
$Quests Completed Quests Completed
$Quick Inventory Quick Inventory
$Quick Magic Quick Magic
$Quick Map Quick Map
$Quick Stats Quick Stats
$Quickload Quickload
$Quicksave Quicksave
$QUIT QUIT
$Quit to desktop? Any unsaved progress will be lost. Quit to desktop? Any unsaved progress will be lost.
$Quit to main menu? Any unsaved progress will be lost. Quit to main menu? Any unsaved progress will be lost.
$RACE RACE
$Read Read
$Ready Weapon Ready/Sheathe
$RECHARGE RECHARGE
$Reset settings to default values? Reset settings to default values?
$Rest how long? Rest how long?
$Right Attack/Block Right Hand
$Rotate Lock Rotate Lock
$Rotate Pick Rotate Pick
$Run Run
$SAVE SAVE
$Save on Pause Save on Character Menu
$Save on Rest Save on Rest
$Save on Travel Save on Travel
$Save on Wait Save on Wait
$Save over this game? Save over this game?
$Saving content. Please don't turn off your console. Saving content. Please don't turn off your console.
$Saving... Saving...
$sec sec
$secs secs
$Select Select
$Select items to craft Select items to craft
$Sell Sell
$Set Destination Set Destination
$SETTINGS SETTINGS
$Shadow Fade Shadow Fade
$Shout Shout/Power
$Shouts Learned Shouts Learned
$Shouts Mastered Shouts Mastered
$Shouts Unlocked Shouts Unlocked
$Show Floating Markers Show Floating Markers
$Show on Map Show on Map
$Side Quests Completed Side Quests Completed
$Skill Books Read Skill Books Read
$Skill Increases Skill Increases
$SKILLS SKILLS
$Small Small
$Sneak Sneak
$Sneak Attacks Sneak Attacks
$Soul Gems Used Soul Gems Used
$Souls Trapped Souls Trapped
$Specularity Fade Specularity Fade
$Spells Learned Spells Learned
$Sprint Sprint
$Stamina Stamina
$STAMINA STAMINA
$Standing Stones Found Standing Stones Found
$Steal Steal
$Stolen Stolen
$Store Store
$Stores Invested In Stores Invested In
$Strafe Left Strafe Left
$Strafe Right Strafe Right
$SYSTEM SYSTEM
$Take Take
$Take All Take All
$TAKE GIFT TAKE GIFT
$Texture Size Texture Size
$That button is reserved. That button is reserved.
$The Companions Quests Completed The Companions Quests Completed
$The Dark Brotherhood Quests Completed The Dark Brotherhood Quests Completed
$The Pale Bounty The Pale Bounty
$The Reach Bounty The Reach Bounty
$The Rift Bounty The Rift Bounty
$Thieves' Guild Quests Completed Thieves' Guild Quests Completed
$Times Jailed Times Jailed
$Times Married Times Married
$Times Shouted Times Shouted
$Times Trained This Level Times Trained This Level
$Toggle Active Toggle Active
$Toggle Always Run Toggle Always Run
$Toggle POV Toggle POV
$TooFast Too Fast
$TooLoud Too Loud
$TooNoisy Too Noisy
$TooQuiet Too Quiet
$TooSlow Too Slow
$Total Lifetime Bounty Total Lifetime Bounty
$Train Train
$Trainer Trainer
$Training Sessions Training Sessions
$Tree LOD Fade Tree LOD Fade
$Trespasses Trespasses
$Tribal Orcs Bounty Tribal Orcs Bounty
$TryAgain Try Again
$Turn Pages Turn Pages
$Tween Menu Character Menu
$Undead Killed Undead Killed
$Unfavorite Unfavorite
$UNKNOWN UNKNOWN
$Unlock Unlock
$Use Use
$Use Kinect Commands Use Kinect Commands
$VALUE VALUE
$Vampirism Cures Vampirism Cures
$Vendor Gold Vendor Gold
$Very Easy Novice
$Very Hard Master
$Vibration Vibration
$Voice Voice
$Wait Wait
$Wait how long? Wait how long?
$Weapons Disarmed Weapons Disarmed
$Weapons Improved Weapons Improved
$Weapons Made Weapons Made
$WEIGHT WEIGHT
$Werewolf Transformations Werewolf Transformations
$Whiterun Bounty Whiterun Bounty
$Wings Plucked Wings Plucked
$Winterhold Bounty Winterhold Bounty
$Words Of Power Learned Words Of Power Learned
$Words Of Power Unlocked Words Of Power Unlocked
$World Map World Map
$Yes Yes
$You leveled up! Choose an attribute to advance: You leveled up! Choose an attribute to advance:
$Zoom Zoom
$[NEW SAVE] [NEW SAVE]
Overwrite your old file with this new one.
Please give Feedback :)
Attachments
Translate_ENGLISH.txt
(47.36 KiB) Downloaded 461 times
Thanks for the quick response guys it worked. :D :D
$00E in "Hero" menu
Post by Nech »
So, I started playing and opened the "Hero" menu to realize that the names in there are in German and in "codenames", for example the first one says "$00E_Psionik". The descriptions are also only codes, like "$00E_Psionikdescrtitel 15 $00EPsionikdescrtext". The "$" sign appears on the general stats menu, too, but only in some places and names are more understandable.
Apart from that, I dunno why but I can't find the screenshots taken despite allowing them in skyrim.ini.
I merged you in this thread. Solution is in my comment above.
Skill interface
Post by dotahkiin »
Hey guys,

I seem to have a problem with the skill interface (when you press "H") nothing shows up. Furthermore, when i go to skils via "tab" all skills are still german and when i try to open one, it doesnt show anything (and when i try to open a novice door it gives an error in german, regarding not having the right perks). I suppose this can be fixed by changing a certain file? can someone help me with this?

(oh i modded it a bit with some armor mods, texture packs, cbbe and skyui. But i dont think this should change any of those? maybe skyui)

cheers!
Re: Skill interface
Post by J'Sylvan »
I don't have any ideas about your specific issues ... but just wanted to mention that SkyUI is already part of Enderal, no need to install it separately.
Re: Skill interface
Post by dotahkiin »
J'Sylvan wrote:
I don't have any ideas about your specific issues ... but just wanted to mention that SkyUI is already part of Enderal, no need to install it separately.
O realy?! hmm than it might have override some files ? :(
Re: Skill interface
Post by stuemper »
dotahkiin wrote:
Hey guys,

I seem to have a problem with the skill interface (when you press "H") nothing shows up. Furthermore, when i go to skils via "tab" all skills are still german and when i try to open one, it doesnt show anything (and when i try to open a novice door it gives an error in german, regarding not having the right perks). I suppose this can be fixed by changing a certain file? can someone help me with this?

(oh i modded it a bit with some armor mods, texture packs, cbbe and skyui. But i dont think this should change any of those? maybe skyui)

cheers!
Hi, I deleted your post in the german forum (double post)
This is the newest File (11.9.2016):
Overwrite your existing translate_ENGLISH.txt with the attached one in this directory:
C:\program files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\interface
Attachments
Translate_ENGLISH.txt
(49.75 KiB) Downloaded 414 times
Please help,

The hero menu is completely missing in game. I press H and nothing happens. Everything seems to be working except the hero menu.

I have completely Clean installed Enderal 3 times already. There are no mods activated so I know for a fact none of the files are missing. I have gone into the Skyrim folder and there are files for the Hero menu present.

Does anyone know why it is not showing up for me? This is getting quite frustrating.

Thanks

-aavgeris13
Hi aavgeris13,

copy this file into the path I mentioned in my post above.
Feedback is appreciated, it could be that you have another problem :)

Edit: It could also be that your C:\program files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Interface\controls\pc\controlmap.txt is broken somehow.
Close the launcher and the game. Remove the file. Start the game. It will be newly generated.

If both tips do not help I would recommend to attach a recent savegame.
Savegames can be found here: documents\mygames\skyrim\saves
A savegame consists of two files: one .skse and one .ess (please zip them together)
Attachments
Translate_English.txt
(47.71 KiB) Downloaded 320 times
Tilliboy wrote:
Hi aavgeris13,

copy this file into the path I mentioned in my post above.
Feedback is appreciated, it could be that you have another problem :)

Edit: It could also be that your C:\program files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Interface\controls\pc\controlmap.txt is broken somehow.
Close the launcher and the game. Remove the file. Start the game. It will be newly generated.

If both tips do not help I would recommend to attach a recent savegame.
Savegames can be found here: documents\mygames\skyrim\saves
A savegame consists of two files: one .skse and one .ess (please zip them together)

Thank you so much! After doing the above steps, I went ahead and tried to use the hero menu in my current save. It did not work on that save. However, once I started a new game, the hero menu started working! I guess my saves were just damaged.

Fortunately I was not far into the game, so I am happy to start over again. I am glad everything is working now. Thank you again.
Tilliboy wrote:
Hi aavgeris13,

copy this file into the path I mentioned in my post above.
Feedback is appreciated, it could be that you have another problem :)

Edit: It could also be that your C:\program files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Interface\controls\pc\controlmap.txt is broken somehow.
Close the launcher and the game. Remove the file. Start the game. It will be newly generated.

If both tips do not help I would recommend to attach a recent savegame.
Savegames can be found here: documents\mygames\skyrim\saves
A savegame consists of two files: one .skse and one .ess (please zip them together)
I have tried tip with replacing attached file and nothing changed, still can't acces hero menu even when I start new game. I just see blured screen and that is it.
I have problem with second tip with deleting controlmap.txt file as that directory does not exist, at directory:
C:\program files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Interface
there is only "Translate_English.txt", "credits.txt" files and "exported" folder so I can't access "controls" folder
I tried to search for "controlmap.txt" file with no records...

Any idea or other tips?
I created an account on this site just so I could reply to this thread. I followed the directions above, I downloaded the english text document and placed it in my game. Only now all my text is in GERMAN, and I don't know how to get the english text back. Hero menu still doesn't work, and like the person above me I don't have a controlmap file in the interface folder. And answer would be really appreciated, as I'd hate to keep playing without a hero menu and get hours into this game only to find out I have to start over completely or something.
Also if someone could provide me with an actual english translate file to replace the now german one I'd really appreciate it.
EDIT: I've managed to fix the english text problem on my own, so now I just need a fix for the hero menu still not showing. The screen simply freezes and blurs, but no menu. Thanks in advance.
Solverian wrote:
I have problem with second tip with deleting controlmap.txt file as that directory does not exist [...]
there is only "Translate_English.txt", "credits.txt" files and "exported" folder so I can't access "controls" folder
I tried to search for "controlmap.txt" file with no records...
Something is messed up in your Skyrim/Enderal installation. Do you have any mods active? Uncheck/Disable them in the Enderal Launcher and you Modmanager/organizer and check it ingame.
Perhaps try to start a new game and check if the hero menu is working (you have to go through some long conversations, I know).

If it still no working uninstall the Enderal completely (not archiving!) via the launcher. Install Skyrim via Steam. Verify it's game cache: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -QEUH-3335
Remove the .inis from documents\mygames\skyrim.
Then run it to see if it works. If yes quit. If not you have done something wrong with the Skyrim installation.
Make sure you have the newest launcher A54: http://enderal.com/?lang=en
Download a fresh installation package (we recommend torrent) and install it with this instruction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwlSsjehgQA
MissAkito wrote:
Also if someone could provide me with an actual english translate file to replace the now german one I'd really appreciate it.
EDIT: I've managed to fix the english text problem on my own, so now I just need a fix for the hero menu still not showing. The screen simply freezes and blurs, but no menu. Thanks in advance.
Why would the Translate_English.txt change the language to german? Makes no sense. What did you do to fix it?
You have the same problem as the previous user, so I would recommend to follow the instructions above.
I downloaded your link and saved it just like you instructed, only when I opened the text document it was all german, not english. I solved it by downloading the file again but this time opening it instead of saving it. It was then in english and I saved it while it was opened. It's weird, I know. I have no idea how that all happened.




NitroCookie, your post is over there :)
Locked
18 posts • Page 1 of 1