Post Reply
22 posts • Page 1 of 2
Hi,
Just want to say thanks for such a great mod. Awhile back over at the english Elder Scroll forum a group was going to translate this mod into english. I downloaded it and translated it as I played for my own enjoyment, waiting on them to finish. I guess they quit, so in the end mine was the only translation that was completed. I also want you to know I absolutly do not know any German but I did stay as true as possible to the dialogue.

I released mine over there to get feed back on anything that needs fixing. I made it as a totally new ESM because it was just easier for me to do it that way to translate and to fix bugs I found.

In doing that I found and fixed it so you do not have to use the "Yes To All" script. The reason the fireballs caused an error was because the activators (like MarkerGaleoneTraum01) needs to have a nif asigned to it and not use the EditMarker_box_01.nif.

I also fixed about 30 doors having the wrong or no destinations, dialogue items not given because of spelling or used name instead of ID. I also changed the way some of the scripts worked and doubled the fps in Melee and Stormwend.

There are still several places without doors, I mean literally there isn't a door there. The major one is at the top of the tower in Enderal. I was not sure of what was to happen so I had it take you to the top. If anyone could explain that to me I would appreciate it.

Latest English one is hosted in the download section.

I read about some bonus content, is there a place to download it?

Also while waiting I am translating Myar Aranath.

Again great job to everyone.
GT
Last edited by Golden Thief on 24.05.2009 23:07, edited 1 time in total.
Wow! Awesome work, was very impressed when i heard about it this morning. As you said, a year ago there was a group which tied to translate the mod, i was confident they could do it but unfortunately they failed - and now you did it :mrgreen: that's very great. Before i heard about the completing of the translation I also was wondering because the download rate was extremely high since the last days. Now i know the reason :wink: I added your translation to the downloadsection, maybe it's easier to find now. And if you want, i can also upload it on our web space.
In doing that I found and fixed it so you do not have to use the "Yes To All" script. The reason the fireballs caused an error was because the activators (like MarkerGaleoneTraum01) needs to have a nif asigned to it and not use the EditMarker_box_01.nif.
Yeah we used the "yestoall-thing" to make the fireballs bigger then the game would support.
I read about some bonus content, is there a place to download it?
No, we have no bonus content.

And thanks for the feedback and fixing, think the english version is now the error free of all versions :P
@Hoxyd:
Glad I post when I did to clear up the mystery. Yes, please added it to your web space that would be great. I am hoping the only changes that will need to made will be spelling and grammer.

The reason I asked about bonus material is because the French had content about becoming a werewolf. So would it be alright if I added material and enhanced a few quest as long as when it is finished I post over here?
The reason I asked about bonus material is because the French had content about becoming a werewolf. So would it be alright if I added material and enhanced a few quest as long as when it is finished I post over here?
Oh, didn't know about it, but would be definitely cool. I add the file to the web space now. If you have some updates, let me know. :wink:
I was wondering if anyone could help on this error we have gotten while fighting Goblins
"No pointer in 'CLONE Goblin0200000015' for this anim group Shield (144)"

If any one knows how to correct it let me know. You can also answer in Deutsch and I will translate it.

Also a warning that aglasluftschiff02.dds is missing so we just took aglasluftschiff01.dds and renamed it to aglasluftschiff02.dds. I was wondering if that might have been a typo error.

Thanks
I was wondering if anyone could help on this error we have gotten while fighting Goblins
"No pointer in 'CLONE Goblin0200000015' for this anim group Shield (144)"
No, I'm sorry, don't know anything about it. Is this error occur every time when you're loading the game, or when you stand in front of a goblin? Maybe you could try the search and replace option of the TES-CS. "Goblin01" replace with "goblin_grunt" and so on.
I first got the error a long time ago. Then it stopped altogether. The first time it happened to me was in the gave near Gron, then at the first pass. I thought it was just my install when it cleared up.

Only one person so far has reported it so I thought I would check into it. I have not been able to repeat the problem so was asking if anyone here had experiienced it and had a fix.

But I will change the goblins a little to see if it might be the case of what language Morrowind was modded in.

Thanks for the reply,
GT
Just wanted to drop a note and say thanks for this mod again. We had a problem at the bridge at Enderal where it is very hard to get past, so several people ask if I could add a companion script to Maugrin, Jarko and Calistro to help get them to follow better. So we added Grumpy's companion scripts to Maurgin, Claistro, Jarko, Herbert, Rangord, Tate, Rakhissh, and the Almasanoar soldiers. It really helps to get them to follow better so if any one wants to try it, I have it as an addon at the moment before I included it in the esm. Also found out the problem at the bridge is because of the last bridge section. If you give it a 180 turn it puts the blank part of the bridge that sticks into the path back out of the way on the bridge and frees the path from blockage.

Link to the companion scripts.
http://rapidshare.com/files/187404628/A ... v3.002.esp
Hey, yeah, read about it on the English forums, great work, that was a big problem at the German version (is this file also usable with the German version?). I saw you edited your master and packed the Ark-Companion.esp into the archive. I uploaded this File on the sureai server, so it's the actual i think. I also read about your plan to build in the Indibank in Stormwend, think this would be really cool, make this place useful.
Golden Thief: Which exactly of the patches did you incorporate into your translated ESM? Maybe we should work together on locating and fixing bugs (at least for the locating part, I reckon I can be of use). Have you made any progress on fixing the mess with the airship? (I am sorry, but I have only read the release topic up to page 7 at the moment, and I am too tired to read on...) It would be a great contribution to the original German game as well if you succeed to catch the bugs. And Kudos for doubling FPS in Stormwend, this was probably not the most trivial scripting exercise. ;)
@ arvisrend

I incorporated all the patches into one esm and each time a bug is found I fix it and make a new esm.

I have virtually fixed all the bugs found from the German original to the English. The only real bugs that pop up right now are ones from when I removed all the barriers and but stops in place so you would not trigger parts of the main quest when you went into these areas.

Other bugs come up when I add a new quest or interior.

The airship should be fixed, it was a matter of having the the correct doors in the right place with the correct scripts.

Bugs were easier to catch once I found out how to get the fireballs to work without using the yes to all script because it allowed all scripts to run when they were causing errors, thus also causing fps hits.

Since I don't know German, I would have no idea if a bug I fixed would be working in the German orginal. If you know German well enough and want to play it. We could start with a German combined esm with corrected scripts.

Anyway I hope I answered your question. If not let me know.

GT
Well, what I meant to ask was: What version of my patch-to-the-patch did you translate (if any)? For instance, does it already fix the obscure bug that, when entering "Waldwächterhöhle - Durchgang" (Forest Sentries' Cave, Passage; or so - at least this is how I would translate it), one is stuck in looking-down perspective? Or the beds in "Geheimes Versteckt" (Secret hideaway/hideout) that blocked one's way?
Golden Thief wrote:
Bugs were easier to catch once I found out how to get the fireballs to work without using the yes to all script because it allowed all scripts to run when they were causing errors, thus also causing fps hits.
OUCH!!!! This explains the incredibly low FPS in Stormwend in the German version (even on my new laptop which has no problems with Oblivion...).
Golden Thief wrote:
Since I don't know German, I would have no idea if a bug I fixed would be working in the German orginal. If you know German well enough and want to play it. We could start with a German combined esm with corrected scripts.
I don't have enough experience with the CS to combine ESM's, to be honest (well, I can do it, but I fear things will happen that shouldn't, and I don't want to mess up an ESM). But improving the scripts seems quite a worthwile thing to do. Do you have a kind of log of the changes (regarding scripts) that you have done? As you can guess, I am particularly interested about the changes that make loading Morrowind Enhanced and the YESTOALL script unnecessary, as well as anything else that speeds up the game (replacing the thousands of GetDistance's by Pythagorean theorem comparison, etc.)... I could just copypaste the scripts from your ESM into the German version, but probably you had to change a bit more than scripts to make the new scripts work, so I'd like to hear from you on this matter first...

And thanks a lot for the work on this mod! Particularly as the translation shouldn't have been too easy for you without knowing German...
I don't think I incorporated your patch because I had already been working on it for about six months. I did fix Waldwächterhöhle - Durchgang but it doesn't seem like I did anything to Geheimes Versteckt for some reason. I'll have to look at it in game to see why I left it alone.

I have my beginning All German Combined.esp. I could add your patch to it. Then correct scripts. Fix the EnderalSchuss and TraumSchuss (fireballs) that are in the cut scenes. I also remember several dialogue where they placed the name of the item instead of the ID name.

The reason for Morrowind Enhanced was because Combat Enhanced was incorporated into the mod and I removed it simply because I didn't know if it was causing a problem and it made it easier not having to worry about that. Also many people don't want to use ME yet.

Give me a few days and let me see what I can do to port over what I remember. It won't hurt anything for me to try and I do like a challenge. Also I need something to give my mind a break from what I'm doing. I post a link to the esm. One other thing is there a German Grumpy Companion translation because it sure helped when I added it to the NPCs you escorted around?

GT
Golden Thief wrote:
I don't think I incorporated your patch because I had already been working on it for about six months.
This was exactly the reason why I asked my question. :D
Golden Thief wrote:
I did fix Waldwächterhöhle - Durchgang but it doesn't seem like I did anything to Geheimes Versteckt for some reason. I'll have to look at it in game to see why I left it alone.
It's not really an obvious bug - just some beds possibly blocking one's way at some point (one could get through by jumping, but one could also get stuck trying).
Golden Thief wrote:
I have my beginning All German Combined.esp. I could add your patch to it. Then correct scripts. Fix the EnderalSchuss and TraumSchuss (fireballs) that are in the cut scenes. I also remember several dialogue where they placed the name of the item instead of the ID name.
Great. Do you have any idea how to improve the foggy/smoky scenes? I am talking about the one on the galleon of the emperor during the time-travelling, and the buried Dwemer town (I don't remember how it is called, but it is accessible through the "root cave" systems). These reduced FPS below 1 on my old computer, becoming unplayable and forcing me to cheat myself through, and knowing Morrowind's engine, I suspect the FPS are still not quite impressive on new machines.
Golden Thief wrote:
The reason for Morrowind Enhanced was because Combat Enhanced was incorporated into the mod and I removed it simply because I didn't know if it was causing a problem and it made it easier not having to worry about that. Also many people don't want to use ME yet.
Yes, I too am one of these people. But one still will be able to play it with ME if one wants?
Golden Thief wrote:
Give me a few days and let me see what I can do to port over what I remember. It won't hurt anything for me to try and I do like a challenge. Also I need something to give my mind a break from what I'm doing. I post a link to the esm. One other thing is there a German Grumpy Companion translation because it sure helped when I added it to the NPCs you escorted around?
Wow. GREAT!
I could translate Grumpy's mod into German (probably this is a job of 10 minutes, given the amount of text used there...), but first I'd like to know what exactly I am supposed to do: translate this? And you are going to put the scripts on all the escorting/escorted NPC's?
(Okay, let me hope it is NOT one of those mods one must not touch using the CS...)
Working on it right now.

To use ME, if I am correct, all you'll have to do is activate the esm it contains all the scripts. I just removed the dependency.

As to the Galleon foggy/smoke scenes, I had fps hits even on the very first one and I think it was do to scripts. I will have to make a note of that and when we get there in game see what happens. The only place most people complained about fps hit now is the cave with all the little spiders or whatever they are. It might have to do with the quanity of them rather then script. It is another spot we'll have to check at that point.

On Grumpy's companion yes v3.1 and I will add them to the escorted NPCs and NPCs you must take with you on Quests. Also inside the main script down near the bottom there are three addtopics , "-combat", "-follow", "-other", change those to what they correspond to for the German topic you use.

You won't screw it up. It is meant to be alter for making an NPC companion.
Golden Thief wrote:
Working on it right now.

To use ME, if I am correct, all you'll have to do is activate the esm it contains all the scripts. I just removed the dependency.
So "Arktwend Enhanced Scripte.esm" doesn't have to be activated? This is great.
Golden Thief wrote:
As to the Galleon foggy/smoke scenes, I had fps hits even on the very first one and I think it was do to scripts. I will have to make a note of that and when we get there in game see what happens. The only place most people complained about fps hit now is the cave with all the little spiders or whatever they are.
"Palast von Orgrad"? This is the Dwemer city I was talking about, full of fog. But I must correct myself: On my new laptop, FPS are quite okay in this cell. Instead, the green fog makes me almost blind now, so I still consider it a good idea to reduce it...
On the other hand, Stormwend still gets me down to 20FPS in the upper-class district and 10FPS on the market place, and that stupid clown ("Gaukler") looks more like a spastic than like a clown... apparently, Morrowind can handle heavy graphics if the video card is good enough, but too much heavy scripting still 0wns the engine though the CPU is not that bad (okay, Morrowind cannot handle dualcores...). This is why I am really looking forward to see your optimized scripting.
Golden Thief wrote:
On Grumpy's companion yes v3.1 and I will add them to the escorted NPCs and NPCs you must take with you on Quests. Also inside the main script down near the bottom there are three addtopics , "-combat", "-follow", "-other", change those to what they correspond to for the German topic you use.
Great, I'll try.
Here is a combined GerArktwend.esp it is the main esm with all patches. Don't use the Arktwend Enchanced Scripte. I changed 90% of the scripts to what I had. I also have the Grumpy scripts on the NPCs we talked about, they just don't have any of the dialogue options at the moment until you get the translation done.

There are a few doubling spots that need work like in Melee after you give your character a name, you will notice when you turn that the rug flickers that is because there are two of them there.

If you set the show fps hits in the ini you'll be able to note the fps hits. I have 30 to 55 in Melee. I went to Stormwend and was getting 15 to 35. The market place was 15 to 18.

Here is the link to the esp. Anyone who reads this and wants to try it feel free to do so. Please post any bugs you find and I'll see what I can do to squash them.

newer version couple post down.
Last edited by Golden Thief on 24.05.2009 05:29, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks, I will check out the combined version. Can I use Wrye Mash to update my saves from the old version to the new one, or were the changes too complicated?

EDIT: I can't really test your ESP, at least not without loading an ESM with it (such as "Arktwend Enhanced Scripte.esm", which is not the best idea since we want it independent of this ESM). You probably expected me to convert it into an ESM, but alas Enchanted Editor won't start on my machine (see below). Could you please convert it to ESM and send it to me per email (I'll send you my address via PM; splitting into a 2-part RAR and sending it should work - alas, Rapidshare is hard for me to use). Thanks a lot.
Golden Thief wrote:
There are a few doubling spots that need work like in Melee after you give your character a name, you will notice when you turn that the rug flickers that is because there are two of them there.
Hmm. I'll see whether this is Wrye-able.

I have translated the companion mod. Note that it still requires the English master files (the MW and Tribunal ESM's) and has a bit of trash (deleted old dialogues) left. Unfortunately, I can use neither mwedit (since it seems to turn the 25KB large ESP into a 10KB large one, what is definitely bad) nor Enchanted Editor (it doesn't start on Vista, even with UAC disabled), so I don't know how much I can do about this.
Attachments
Companion_v3.1 translated.zip
(6.88 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
I think the only way you'll get the best feel and it will work properly is by starting a new game since about 80% of the scripts have been altered in some way or another. Then you will see and catch any of the starting bugs if there are any.

You should be able to use the esp by its self I do it all the time while testing before making it into an esm. I'll make it an esm, split it, then send it, you can play with it while I get the companion scripts inserted.

As long as you got the dialogue translated I can clean up the rest and rid the dependencies.

GT

Files sent. Let me know if the e-mail worked on getting the file to you.

I now have the companion script in, so here is the latest esm. I played through till Stormwend didn't do any side quest but corrected bugs at Gor. So the path to Stormwend works. I will try to run through the main quest to see if I can complete it without reading German but knowing what choice I did while translating. This should be fun. :lol:

Newer one several post down.
Last edited by Golden Thief on 24.05.2009 23:05, edited 2 times in total.
arvisrend
What is the problem you are having with the airship?

1) First problem I had was door locks.
2) Handle cranks
3) Then global updates
4) I think a journal update was also needed

I'll have to replay a game to that point to recall each step. I think there are like 6 steps one must do for it to work correctly.

Well of to adventuring.

Do you know if there is there a Map of Myar Aranath?
Post Reply
22 posts • Page 1 of 2