Hey all,
It seems to me that a lot of the questions here would be best handled by creating a wiki in which to store community knowledge. For example, no one would need to ask where set armors could be found, or which bow was most powerful, if a well-developed Nehrim wiki existed.
I searched for a Nehrim wiki and found http://www.sureai.net/wiki/index.php/Nehrim, with an English autotranslation at http://www.sureai.net/wiki/index.php/Nehrim_English. I spent an hour or so cleaning up most of the translation, but could not figure out how to create and link to new pages - all the German formatting text was a little rough to wade through. So,
1) Does anybody know how to make new articles on the Nehrim wiki? If no one figures it out, perhaps a new wiki would be in order.
2) Once that's solved, might I suggest that the usership start filling out said Wiki with useful information?
<3 Asterai
It seems to me that a lot of the questions here would be best handled by creating a wiki in which to store community knowledge. For example, no one would need to ask where set armors could be found, or which bow was most powerful, if a well-developed Nehrim wiki existed.
I searched for a Nehrim wiki and found http://www.sureai.net/wiki/index.php/Nehrim, with an English autotranslation at http://www.sureai.net/wiki/index.php/Nehrim_English. I spent an hour or so cleaning up most of the translation, but could not figure out how to create and link to new pages - all the German formatting text was a little rough to wade through. So,
1) Does anybody know how to make new articles on the Nehrim wiki? If no one figures it out, perhaps a new wiki would be in order.
2) Once that's solved, might I suggest that the usership start filling out said Wiki with useful information?
<3 Asterai
I wuz disappointed when I saw that there's no project wiki.
I think I could add some stuff based on some template on it once somebody figures out how to add articles.
with luv
<3 Kewltist
I think I could add some stuff based on some template on it once somebody figures out how to add articles.
with luv
<3 Kewltist
Hi.
Took a look at the wiki some time ago. You need to register to do anything on the wiki, top right hand corner I believe, says something like "anmelden". But, big but, if you could add to wiki, in what language? German is very difficult to translate into English and vice-versa.
If people would like a wiki (English version), unless someone wants to show differently, it would have to be built from square one. Which is a shame, because most of the questions you see being asked on the forum have already been asked and answered most likely on the German forum.
When I first played Nehrim a couple of months before the English version came out, it was how I managed to get through the game. Google translated what I could not follow and used google translate to find answers on the German forum.
So I guess it comes down to, is it easier and better to build and start an English wiki (then who is going to start it?) or find a way to translate the German wiki that would be suitable to accomadate both German and English speakers.
Took a look at the wiki some time ago. You need to register to do anything on the wiki, top right hand corner I believe, says something like "anmelden". But, big but, if you could add to wiki, in what language? German is very difficult to translate into English and vice-versa.
If people would like a wiki (English version), unless someone wants to show differently, it would have to be built from square one. Which is a shame, because most of the questions you see being asked on the forum have already been asked and answered most likely on the German forum.
When I first played Nehrim a couple of months before the English version came out, it was how I managed to get through the game. Google translated what I could not follow and used google translate to find answers on the German forum.
So I guess it comes down to, is it easier and better to build and start an English wiki (then who is going to start it?) or find a way to translate the German wiki that would be suitable to accomadate both German and English speakers.
I just looked around after reading this and apparently there IS a Nehrim wiki on Wikia. (http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/Nehrim_Wiki)
Don't know who started it, but it has already been used a couple of times.
There's still a lot of blank pages though, so it's up to us to fill them with as much information as possible from the mod.
Don't know who started it, but it has already been used a couple of times.
There's still a lot of blank pages though, so it's up to us to fill them with as much information as possible from the mod.
I just checked the Nehrim WIkia. Nice idea! It will be easier for everyone to take full advantage of the game
And explore the world to the fullest. When I have some spare time, I will add something. Feel free to edit my post, I am neither a native speaker of English nor an expert editor of any Wikis.
It's not that hard to edit on Wikia. I've already made a Wikia account for Nehrim and started editing some pages a little bit.
It would be nice too if someone could inform all the forum users, so that their questions are easily solved.
It would be nice too if someone could inform all the forum users, so that their questions are easily solved.
Yes, that's right, this Wikia is quite user-friendly. Even though I'm really far from being a computer wizard, I (hope) I do manage to edit it a bit:)
As I'm currently wandering in the Middlerealm, I've already started editing the Services part and a little bit of the other sections.
It would be great if more people would upload more of their screenshots and info to make the page more vivid and imformative.
When any of you comes across a unique weapon or armor set you can always edit wikia and give some info about the item and it's location.It would help considerably in collecting sets.
But I guess there's no need to inform new users of the Wikia, as it's at a very early stage of development and a lot of important information (quests!) is missing.
As I'm currently wandering in the Middlerealm, I've already started editing the Services part and a little bit of the other sections.
It would be great if more people would upload more of their screenshots and info to make the page more vivid and imformative.
When any of you comes across a unique weapon or armor set you can always edit wikia and give some info about the item and it's location.It would help considerably in collecting sets.
But I guess there's no need to inform new users of the Wikia, as it's at a very early stage of development and a lot of important information (quests!) is missing.
Nine job so far on the wiki kasandra. I'll start with editing the side quests a bit in a moment. The main quests will take a bit longer as I have already completed it with two characters. xD
I really like the way you organised the Quests. It will be much easier for me or anyone to write the description of the quests so don't worry, I will try to help as much as I can. I've fisnished Nehrim with my one character and some time ago started a mage, so I, or maybe someone else, will edit the quest parts as we progress in the story. But it will take a while... unless someone else wants to focus on the Main Quest:P
My biggest problem is with establishing some kind of 'law and order' in the chosen section. So if the layout of the page is not to your liking or some important information is missing, do not hesitate to rearrange it
My biggest problem is with establishing some kind of 'law and order' in the chosen section. So if the layout of the page is not to your liking or some important information is missing, do not hesitate to rearrange it
I simplified the side quests section a bit. I moves all the Wanted! quests into one page. I also think it's better that each side quest gets its own page. It's easier to write detailed walkthroughs this way. 
I'll also start to edit the Main Quest part a little bit with the help of the Completed Quests section in my journal. But I won't be able to write all the details this way.
I'll also start to edit the Main Quest part a little bit with the help of the Completed Quests section in my journal. But I won't be able to write all the details this way.
Hi.
Not sure what you think about this. Just a small thing, but when creating pages I tend to put a shortcut back to the page just came from at top. I'm not one for using the back button all the time. But want to keep wiki uniform. If do not like, I will (or you can) remove them.
Edit: Was going to set up an Armour Set's page, but where? under item's as Armour Sets or Under armour as Armour Sets? Whats your thoughts?
Edit(again): Being the lazyish person I am. First - Kassandra, what template did you use for your page in the main quest? Do either of you know what font,size,spacing etc they are using?
Only asking because I put together a draft for the first part of the main quest. Tried just copy/paste into page and it looked horrible. Being only a one finger typist would be great just to copy paste.
Not sure what you think about this. Just a small thing, but when creating pages I tend to put a shortcut back to the page just came from at top. I'm not one for using the back button all the time. But want to keep wiki uniform. If do not like, I will (or you can) remove them.
Edit: Was going to set up an Armour Set's page, but where? under item's as Armour Sets or Under armour as Armour Sets? Whats your thoughts?
Edit(again): Being the lazyish person I am. First - Kassandra, what template did you use for your page in the main quest? Do either of you know what font,size,spacing etc they are using?
Only asking because I put together a draft for the first part of the main quest. Tried just copy/paste into page and it looked horrible. Being only a one finger typist would be great just to copy paste.
Hello,
I think the 'Armour Sets' link is best placed in the 'Items' section under Armour. The 'Armour (unique)' section should be mainly for information on each piece and non-set pieces.
As for the shortcuts, I have no objection.
Shatar
I think the 'Armour Sets' link is best placed in the 'Items' section under Armour. The 'Armour (unique)' section should be mainly for information on each piece and non-set pieces.
As for the shortcuts, I have no objection.
Shatar
Hi.
Saw your doing an Easter Egg page. Did not know if you were just listing on one page or creating more pages? So, I've just uploaded a picture of "Krabby" who is protecting "Krabby's Chest". Don't know if anyone else has found him?
Saw your doing an Easter Egg page. Did not know if you were just listing on one page or creating more pages? So, I've just uploaded a picture of "Krabby" who is protecting "Krabby's Chest". Don't know if anyone else has found him?
TheHawk wrote:Hi.
Saw your doing an Easter Egg page. Did not know if you were just listing on one page or creating more pages? So, I've just uploaded a picture of "Krabby" who is protecting "Krabby's Chest". Don't know if anyone else has found him?
Haven't found that one yet. But now I've changed the layout of the page into a list with links to each Easter Egg, so it should be easier now to write your things there. I've also moved the Tower Defense thing to a new page .
Cheers





