Enderal not saving at all 

Moderator: Moderatoren

4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Theblackbough
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Hello everyone! so, I'm usually very reluctant to open threads, but it seems my problem has not been encountered or discussed before.
Very simply put, when playing enderal I cannot save the game. I have the option to do so (it's not greyed out) and the game warns me it's "saving" on the top left of the screen, but whenever I try to load, the files are just not there. I also noticed that if I try to save over a pre-existing file, the game will just delete it.
The issue occurs only while playing enderal, because as I disinstalled it, Skyrim allowed me to save the game without problem
I don't run skyrim with any sort of mods, so I don't think it's a matter of compatibility, and I am sure it's not due to corrupted save files
I already tried reinstalling (both skyrim and Enderal) numerous times without any sort of improvement. I am pretty much at the bottom of the barrel for what concerns my very limited knowledge. Maybe it's a matter of permissions?
Thanks for your help in advance

EDIT: a little more info: I used to play enderal in the past (about 1 year ago) without encountering any save issue. This only happened after I reinstalled it (tried to play it both from the start, without the old save files, and with the old save files, nothing really changed, which is why I'm sure it's not due to corruption). I am using a registered steam version.
EDIT (SECOND ROUND): since we're probably talking about permissions n stuff, I am using windows 10 and have a bitdefender firewall/antivurs. I've already put the .ini files to "not read-only" and all the .exes in the gamefile are set to run as administrator
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

welcome to the forum :)

- in ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim run the skse_loader.exe as administrator. maybe that solves it already :/

in a thread over at the steam forums are some more suggestions:
[+] -change the rights on the save folder
Right-click the folder > Properties
Security tab > Advanced
Click Change to the right of Owner
Enter Users into box and click OK
Enable the checkbox Replace owner on subcontainers and objects then click Apply
If prompted that You do not have permissions to read... click Yes
Completely close out of the Advanced Security Settings dialog
Security tab > Edit...
Add...
Enable the Full Control checkbox then click OK
related link:
Ok. I had the same problem. My OS is in German so I might have some weird translations.
Even if you are not in a homegroup, go to control panel, go to homegroup, create a homegroup, make everything available, restart, go back to the homegroup menu, disable all entries and leave the homegroup. Maybe that will fix it. Did it for me. I left the homegroup before I changed to Win10, maybe some hickup.

hope that's somewhat helpful :?:

edit for emphasis :D
Theblackbough
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

10.07.2017 12:14urst hat geschrieben:
welcome to the forum :)

- in ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim run the skse_loader.exe as administrator. maybe that solves it already :/

in a thread over at the steam forums are some more suggestions:
[+] -change the rights on the save folder
Security tab > Advanced
Click Change to the right of Owner
Enable the checkbox Replace owner on subcontainers and objects then click Apply
If prompted that You do not have permissions to read... click Yes
Completely close out of the Advanced Security Settings dialog
Security tab > Edit...
Add...
Enable the Full Control checkbox then click OK
related link:
Ok. I had the same problem. My OS is in German so I might have some weird translations.
Even if you are not in a homegroup, go to control panel, go to homegroup, create a homegroup, make everything available, restart, go back to the homegroup menu, disable all entries and leave the homegroup. Maybe that will fix it. Did it for me. I left the homegroup before I changed to Win10, maybe some hickup.

hope that's somewhat helpful :?:

edit for emphasis :D
Whitelisting did the job. Now I feel very stupid but incredibly relieved. Thank you!
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

awesome :thumbsup:
but why would you feel stupid? one can't know everything ;)
4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1