Post Reply
16 posts • Page 1 of 1
So I finally decided to try this mod after having played Enderal. Aside from a few occasional crashes, I have really enjoyed this mod. However, when I started the Pilgrimage quest after having visited the mage Sanctum, whenever I go down south into a dense forest area where presumably the shrine to Narathzul Arantheal is, I always get a crash to desktop whenever I go anywhere remotely near the area around the shrine. I can go through the forest to a certain point, and I believe I can see the shrine marker on my compass. However, if I get to close to it I immediately crash to it. I tried purging the memory through the diary, that didn't work. I also have autosaves disabled. I should also point out that I am using Oblivion Stutter Remover, Oblivion Reloaded, Oaristys' Revamped Nehrim, moreHeap, ENBoost, New Vegas Anti Crash, and EngineBugFixes. But even after removing those I am still getting the crash. I even tried putting my settings to low but that didn't work. Is this an issue that can actually be fixed or will I have to use console commands to skip this quest? Thanks in advance.
welcome to the Forum :)
23.06.2017 16:55GalenKnight56 wrote:
Oblivion Stutter Remover, Oblivion Reloaded, Oaristys' Revamped Nehrim, moreHeap, ENBoost, New Vegas Anti Crash, and EngineBugFixes
that's a whole lot of mods :?
(or rather a whole lot of "optimizers")
not sure how well those play with Nehrim.
maybe something stayed behind when disabling them?

have you tried loading a save before accepting that quest?

also maybe
- disable mods
- get inside a house
- wait for some days
- try again
?

if that doesn't help - could you please attach a savefile?
(...\Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves)
(that way I'll see if that happens in my game too :) )

(skipping that quest would mean skipping a whole lot of story-relevant information :( )

maybe something of that already helps?
That is a possibility, but I will try loading a save before that. Maybe I will head to that area before accepting the quest. I aslo forgot to mention that I am also using kuertee's clean up mod to prevent save game bloating. Could that also be a problem? I also changed a setting that he suggested. I also did wait inside a house but only for one day. If all this fails, I'll give you my save game. Thanks!
Alright so I removed all the stabilizers and lowered the graphics settings and the problem went away. So it is either the settings were too high or one of the stabilizers I used was causing it. Im gonna experiment until I find out then I will post the solution here
good to hear it works now :)

note:
it doesn't neccessarily have to be the stabilizers fault; sometimes Nehrim /Oblivion just behaves like this :(
but thinning them out probably wouldn't do any harm.
I figured it out. After reenabling all the stabilizers and tweaking the settings, I found that for some reason that particular area does not like exterior actor shadows turned on. Leaving all the other settings untouched, I turn off exterior shadows and the problem seems to go away. Is there a way to fix that issue? If not then it's fine I can handle no exterior shadows just fine. Thanks for the help :)
Turns out that was not the only reason. Apparently if I set the visibility range of actors too high, then it will also crash in that area. So that is an additional thing to consider
that's a pretty odd bug :/

do you have a remarkably weak system?
in some areas* you'll need to turn off the distance detail (or whatever it's called),
but that shouldn't be the issue here :/
could try it nonetheless of course

you could also try reinstalling the game, maybe something went wrong there?


*
[+] pretty late game
dark forrest and crater region in the south.
you'll notice.
Well I have 8gb ram, i7-2600 3.4 ghz cpu, and nvidia 970. Also when I go further south past the shrine, even if I remove all the other mods and set all the distances to 0, it will still crash. And do you mean reinstall Oblivion or Nehrim?
24.06.2017 19:01GalenKnight56 wrote:
Well I have 8gb ram, i7-2600 3.4 ghz cpu, and nvidia 970.
hm, should be enough :mrgreen:
Also when I go further south past the shrine, even if I remove all the other mods and set all the distances to 0, it will still crash. And do you mean reinstall Oblivion or Nehrim?
I meant Nehrim.
but please attach a savegame first - if I'm crashing as well, reinstalling will probably not help :?
So here are the files where I experienced the crash. In save 525, when I started going into the forest by the south path that was when I got the crash.
Attachments
good news :D
I tested your saves and didn't have one single crash.
which means, whatever it is, at last it doesn't affect your savegames :thumbsup:

I have no idea why exactly this region would cause these problems,
but I'd suggest you reinstall Nehrim and try playing without all these stabilizers - at least in the beginning.

if that doesn't work you might have to reinstall both (first Oblivion, then Nehrim), to have a clean system :/
(although I think it shouldn't make much of a difference, if you followed the instructions :?: )

what Oblivion-Version do you have btw?
Steam or retail?
Thanks so much!!! and Steam version. Does using the script extender affect Nehrim? And I will try reinstalling the mod pretty soon.
script extender... obse? no, that works. and is needed, even for some Nehrim mods :thumbsup:

and Steam is apparently sometimes a bit funny with Nehrim, that's why I'm asking :/


good luck :D
Alright I have now confirmed that the problem has been solved after doing a clean install. I realized that I actually didn't properly remove moreHeap the first time, so I think something about that mod caused the crash in that particular area. Thus, thank you very much for your help, and problem solved!
good to know that it works now, and thank you for the explanation :thumbsup:
Post Reply
16 posts • Page 1 of 1