Post Reply
17 posts • Page 1 of 1
cant find it anywer i read on one of the fourms here that it was south west in stormwind. but im not finding any npc with info to join the guild..help please
I have never played the English version of Arktwend, but according to the walkthrough for the German version (and to my experience with it as well), the NPC you are looking for is Golia (his ID in the German ESM file is "DIEBGolia", and I sincerely hope this was not changed by the translator). He should have a topic called "thieves guild" or something alike ("Diebesgilde" in German). If I remember it well, he is indeed waiting for you in the very south west corner of Stormwend.

Sorry if this was of no help.

arvis (who is back to roleplaying and has finally found his forum password again)
na still cant find him..maybe my game is glitcht..im lv 18 and havent even found the main story quests.lol its ok though thanks for your quick respons.
You could find him in the southwest of Stormwend - at the city wall. some pigs are also there, if i remember correctly.
well i figuerd it out its non of the above. you have to get brandy from the six fishes in the port of stormwind.give it to the drunk then go to a tavern speek with the bartender if he likes u enough he tells u to go upstairs and thats were the thieves guild starts...unfortunatly my charicters personality was to poor along with stelth so i couldent steel the chicken ..grrr
@domfather
you don't steal the chicken leg out right you must get the butchers to start arguing then you can take it. It has nothing to do with stealth. Just a little thinking ahead and talking to everyone at the market.

I changed how you join the thieves guild because many players wanted to get into Stormwend without doing the main quest so I altered a few things to allow players to go everywhere with out triggering the main quest or seeing things that involve the main quest.
Can someone please let me know exactly how to go about doing this? I tried all of the suggestions yet I could find no brandy, drunks, or people near pigs. I love Arktwend but I REALLY would love to go on with the main quest.
I found the drunk. He was hiding and I couldn't find him until I turned on wireframe. When I talk to Golia, he asks if I want to join the Shadow Guild, but it doesn't give me the choice to answer him...
I found him (drunken beggar), but I can't find anyone to sell me brandy (not at Six Fishes). Actually,, none of the tavern keepers in Stormwend appear to sell anything at all. Is this a bug?
I am stuck in this point too. Can PLEASE anyone post here a guide how to join Thieves Guild in Stormwend? I found Golia, but she has no topic "join Thieves Guild" and the only beggar I found so far it that dancing hobo but there is no way how to give him brandy (I read somewhere that this is how "join Thieves Guild" quest starts but I am not sure if it isn´t only in German version.
In some "corner" of stormwend walls will be an npc and it will "forcegeet" you when you get close enough.
Well, I figured this out. So behold! Guide how to join Guild of Thieves in Stormwend (note: English version only!)

First, let me explain where the problem is:
1) There are two glitches in English 3.1 version - first of all there is absolutely NO hint that the main quest is bounded together with the Thieves Guild. Although - there WAS one. I believe in version 2.x of English translation in the very beginning the bishop who led you to the statue where you created your character mentioned something about sending you for a quest to find some rare book or scroll, I don't remember. And I think he said something like "you should ask around Stormwend" - and who knows more about lost items than thieves? But in version 3.1 this dialog has been cut off and the bishop just send you away without any explanation.

2) Anyway using this hint or Google ;-) you find out that if you want to advance in the main quest you must somehow join the Thieves Guild. In German version character Golia starts dialog about joining TG by herself just when player approaches her. In English version its author Golden Thief changed this to able player to explore Stormwend without this quest being triggered. Not bad idea I think but problem is that Golia has NO topic about TG, so you just can't launch this chain of quests and you're STUCK!

3) So how to do it? It's quite easy - don't bother with Golia, go directly to the market and steal a chicken cutlet from Salvadore (first put him to an argument with Huxley - this alters your journal). Once you have the cutlet in your inventory, go to Golia. She will gladly accept it and let you into TG headquarters.

Enjoy!
Last edited by SakalCT on 24.05.2012 18:59, edited 1 time in total.
This is strange.

As I approch her while exploring stormwend and she initiated dialogue correctly. And I find no way to make it glitch. But I will try))
If there error I need to fix it before starting new game (I have made few things wrong way from beginning of game exploring world and reached stormwend being level 22 from then game was too easy)
I am using 3.1 witout overhaul (since 3.1 said to have unbreakable quests).
Maybe I did something what I shouldn´t have. I did all quests for City Guard and some quests for Clerics before I approached Golia for the first time (although I am quite sure I ran to her during my "picking donations for the church" quest for Clerics). Or maybe you must contact someone else to make Golia react to you.

Anyway I noticed one interesting thing - in the town there are several dark characters named "robbers". They DID NOT attack me on sight when I entered Stormwend but for some reason they started to be hostile from some point. This would be logic after you join City Guard - you become their enemy after all. Also the chief of TG mentioned that City Guard was their arch-enemy. Maybe this has something to do with Golia not responding. Also a bartender in Six Fishes (pub in the port) doesn't want to talk to me even with high "like me" status. If I ask him for a bed to stay for a night he just says: "I don't want you here".

EDIT: I use English 3.1 + English patch + TAO 0.14
Those robbers are just regular enemies but they are controlled by script.
They get enabled after 21 00 and disabled after 7 00. They also non agressive but guided by script to attack PC if it gets closer than 40ft. They respawn and not involved in any quests. And I know this because this scripl glitches from 00 00 till 7 00 and I already fixed it for my version.

There is still some unhealthly things that running in menu mode making inventory lag when in stormwend.
I tried some console commands. I used PlaceAtPC "DIEBGolia" 1,20,1 to create "another" Golia, but she has any topic about TG neither.

I also tried addtopic "join the thieves guild". It worked. All NPCs have this topic in their dialog screen EXCEPT of Golia. This is funny. :-)
This is quite simple. Topic disappearing from her only and after you take the mission.
And no other way.

Probably to prevent taking quest multiple times.

But I agree that it is far from obvious.
Post Reply
17 posts • Page 1 of 1