Post Reply
13 posts • Page 1 of 1
Hi guys,

I just installed Nehrim from scratch.
The game does work, but not the launcher.
Without launcher, I don't know how to select the proper data files.
Consequently, I can not start a new game !

I am running on VISTA (weekly updated) with .net framework 3.5 SP1.
Oblivion (re-installed and patched) is working fine.
I have already patched Nehrim with the last EN patch available (November 2010).

EDIT :
Here is Hoxyd's solution : use Oblivion launcher to check the data files.
I copied Oblivion launcher on Nehrim directory. Even there, I had to rename the directory "Oblivion" into something else, say "Oblivion2", so that the launcher would not go directly there and search Nehrim directory instead. Now I can play, thanks ! :D

But this solution doesn't not fix the problem completely, so if anyone still has ideas ... 8)

Already tried :
* Deleted Oblivion .ini file in user/doc/my games/
* EDIT : tried as an administrator
* EDIT : tried the launcher out of Nehrim directory
* EDIT : can not find the "NehrimDataFiles.exe" on my hard drive, because it is the ENGLISH version
* EDIT : Cleaned the different versions of the .net framework ; Kept only 3.5 SP1
* EDIT : tried with Antivir uninstalled and Windows Defender set off
* EDIT : tried with a previous version of the launcher (1.0)
Last edited by Fenril on 07.11.2010 14:45, edited 10 times in total.
Start the launcher directly out of the game's directory. And try running it as administrator
Re: The Launcher crashes
Post by Fenril »
Thanks for replying.
I tried in and out of the Nehrim directory and with and without administrators rights.
Same error.
You don't need the launcher - you can use NehrimDataFiles.exe (click on "Spieldateien" or "Data Files").
Re: The Launcher crashes
Post by Fenril »
Thank you arvisrend :
arvisrend wrote:
you can use NehrimDataFiles.exe (click on "Spieldateien" or "Data Files").
Well, I can not find this NehrimDataFiles.exe anywhere on my hard drive.
Perhaps it is the reason of the launcher crash : maybe the installation was incomplete ?
But how come ?
Re: The Launcher crashes
Post by Hoxyd »
The NehrimDataFiles.exe is not included in the English version. Your Net Framework installation seems to be damaged. You can try to fix it with this tool: http://www.atwin.net/dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip Then you have to reinstall the Net Framework. Your crash message would be also useful.
Re: The Launcher crashes
Post by Fenril »
Thanks for your answer Hoxyd,

I tried the cleaning tool and I cleaned all the versions of .net framework.
However, this tool can't clean framework 4, which was installed on my computer. So I didn't touch it at first.
I successfully installed 3.5+SP1. Still not working.
I uninstalled the version 4. Still not working.

Now, I only have the version 3.5+SP1, and all the other versions have been cleaned with the tool, or correctly uninstalled.
Here is the crash message I get : (in French sorry :roll:)
"
Description :
Stopped working

Signature du problème :
Nom d’événement de problème: APPCRASH
Application Name: NehrimLauncher.exe
Application Version: 1.0.8.2
Application Timestamp: 4cb4cc4f
Fault Module Name: mscorwks.dll
Fault Module Version: 2.0.50727.4206
Fault Module Timestamp: 4bf4c6a7
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00076d55
Version du système: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Identificateur de paramètres régionaux: 1036
"
Re: The Launcher crashes
Post by Hoxyd »
Maybe i found the solution here: http://www.netframeworkdev.com/common-l ... 1776.shtml
The CLR is crashing hard on your machine. That is usually caused by legitimate malware like a virus scanner. Uninstall stuff until the problem disappears.
Re: The Launcher crashes
Post by Fenril »
I uninstalled Antivir and set off Windows Defender.
Still doesn't work !
Re: The Launcher crashes
Post by Hoxyd »
Does this first version of the launcher work?

I attached it below.
Re: The Launcher crashes
Post by Fenril »
Thank you for your file Hoxyd.

No, it's not working ; I get the following crash message :

Signature du problème :
Nom d’événement de problème: APPCRASH (same)
Application Name: NehrimLauncher.exe (same)
Application Version: 1.0.0.0 (instead of 1.0.8.2)
Application Timestamp: 4c0ea56e (instead of 4cb4cc4f)
Fault Module Name: mscorwks.dll (same)
Fault Module Version: 2.0.50727.4206 (same)
Fault Module Timestamp: 4bf4c6a7 (same)
Exception Code: c0000005 (same)
Exception Offset: 00076d55 (same)
Version du système: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3 (same)
Identificateur de paramètres régionaux: 1036 (same)

Any ideas on how I could access the data files configuration without the launcher ?
After all : Oblivion works, Oblivion's launcher works, Nehrim starts correctly ... if only I could load these bloody files :evil:

Thanks again for your concern !
Re: The Launcher crashes
Post by Hoxyd »
A guy from russia send me an message some weeks ago. He had the same problem. But it was gone after he reinstalled his Windows (but maybe this is a bit drastic). I also searched the internet, but not much solutions to fix this problem. Maybe you can find something with this search words: Fault Module Name: mscorwks.dll

An other thing you can try is to rename your Oblivion directory to something like not Oblivion. Oblivion2, Oblivo, OblivionOld, whatever... and copy the oblivion launcher into your nehrim directory. It should work to select the datafiles then too.
Re: The Launcher crashes
Post by Fenril »
Your solution worked ! Thanks ! :o
* I copied Oblivion launcher to Nehrim's directory
* I renamed Oblivion directory into Oblivion2
* I started Oblivion launcher, checked the 3 data files.
* I started the game. It worked :
[+]
My character just fell into a pit !
Well, if I found a solution for the other problem, I will post.

Thanks again ! :o
Post Reply
13 posts • Page 1 of 1