Music Breaks 

Moderator: Moderatoren

12 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
Johrnarlor
Bettler
Bettler

Yesterday I started a new game of Enderal Forgotten Stories and I've come across a small issue that happens quite regularly. Randomly during my games the music suddenly dissapears for several seconds but then continues again. Not because I enter a different region or because I discover something related to a quest that would normally force another track to be played. Simply silence for several seconds before the music kicks in again. It doesn't fade out, it just stops playing abruptly. I can't remember this happening in any of my previous games. Obviously this is a very minor thing and it is at most a bit annoying but it would be nice if this got fixed. Unless there is something wrong with my settings or something. Anything that I could do to to fix it myself?
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 525 Mal

Your first run with Enderal FS?

Standard question: do you have any mods installed?

You could also try to let Steam verify your game files

If that doesn't help attach a savegame (no auto- or quicksave), please.
They're found in (...\Documents\My Games\Enderal\Saves) - we'll need the *.ess and the *.skse file.
Pack both to a zip/rar/whatever archive (the forum doesn't accept *.skse)
Thank you :)
Johrnarlor
Bettler
Bettler

It's my second run with Enderal FS but I think there has already been a new update since my first run.
I don't have any mods installed.
I verified my files through steam and apparently 3 files weren't verified and reinstalled. Perhaps that solved it?

I'll first continue playing and see if the issue persists. If it does then I'll attach a savefile.

Thx for your help.
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

09.09.2019 19:02Johrnarlor hat geschrieben:
I verified my files through steam and apparently 3 files weren't verified and reinstalled. Perhaps that solved it?
This is completely normal and no problem.

Have you limited your fps to 60? More can also cause sound problems.
Johrnarlor
Bettler
Bettler

It happened again.

I've never manually limited my fps but Vsync is enabled in the launcher.
How can I attach or upload my savefile? I've already made a zip archive.
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

Did you enable ENBoost (this should limit the fps to just under 60 fps)?
Otherwise you can set the fps limit in your graphics driver.

You can add your zip file below the message as an attachment.
Johrnarlor
Bettler
Bettler

ENBoost is on

Attached my savefile from right before music dissapeared again. I have to warn you though that it can sometimes take a while before the issue presents itself. Sometimes it happens every 10 minutes, sometimes i can go half an hour without issue. Like i said, it's not really such a problem for me but it's mildly annoying.
Dateianhänge
Enderal Saves.7z
(1.24 MiB) 70-mal heruntergeladen
haidaboy
Bettler
Bettler
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

I also am having this issue so when you find a solution, please post it. Thanks.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi :)

we can't reproduce the issue with your save, at least I think so -
the only silences occur when there's a transition between tracks, and these are normal.

- did that ever happen in the main menu screen? (could you try?)
- does this only happen with this game? can you test Skyrim?
- where is Enderal installed?
(there is a bug that happens if Enderal is not installed on C:/ or on an external harddrive,
it's not "music stops for several seconds" though, it's "there are no combat- and similar effect - sounds".
maybe it's worth looking into it anyway?
english sources here and there, some german ones in our forum)

do you have a special sound setup?
Johrnarlor
Bettler
Bettler

Tested in Vanilla Skyrim. On first glance there seems to be no problem (+-30 mins of testing).
Music in the main menu seems to play as supposed to.
All other sounds are still there when the issue appears. It's really just the music that dissapears for several seconds.
I don't have it installed on my C-drive but on my D-drive. I'm not 100% sure but i do believe it's always been like that, yet i had no problems with my first run in Forgotten Stories several months back.

EDIT: This seems to happen only with 'peaceful music' (non-combat) in both interior and exterior. Combat music seems to be fine but perhaps that is because combat music generaly doesn't last that long. Also special tracks that play on specific moments aren't interrupted so far.
12 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2