Approach to dialogue and quest design?

Moderator: Moderatoren

3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Keasar
Bettler
Bettler

I read in the Q&A sheet that Speechcraft is now a more important skill as leveling it up gives you more options during dialogue which is great to see, so my first question is if also other Stats or Skills might affect dialogue choices in some way? Like having a certain skill level in Smithing opens up a new option with an NPC regarding the subject of Blacksmithing.

My second question is regarding quest design, how open ended are they? There is this popular image thrown around by people that show the difference in general quest design in recent Fallout games.
[+]
Bild
And while I would absolutely not blame SureAI not to go the full length like Obsidian did, is there a possibility that some quests can have more outcomes depending on choices or have different solutions to them?

Thanks and looking forward to the release of the mod! It's been a long 4 years since the first announcement of a sequel to Nehrim and I am hyped as hell!

Edit: Also a very weird limitation, you are not allowed to post URLs or images in your first post but after posting it am free to edit it to include those things. I can see why, just found it funny. :P
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

Hey Kaesar!

Yes, speechcraft does indeed allow for some alternative quest choices, though these rarely influence the outcome in a very significant manner - as you pointed out, we would have loved to have it do so, but it simply went beyond the resources of our team. Regarding the quest-design: Yes, there are choices! While the mainquest is relatively linear (but still has many quests with choice and different outcomes), most of the side-quests have different endings. The one guild quest-line we have is heavily non-linear. :)

Hope that answered your question!

Best,
Nic
Keasar
Bettler
Bettler

That it does, thank you very much!

I can't say I can blame the SureAI team for not going that extra mile considering the resources needed to do so writing all the extra dialogue. Really happy to hear about the quests though, just that puts this a huge notch above vanilla Skyrim in my book!

Now to play the waiting game for the release of the English version.
3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1