SureAI

Forums covering SureAI game titles.

https://forum.sureai.net/

Topic title - Nehrim won't start

https://forum.sureai.net/viewtopic.php?t=4745

Page 1 of 1
Nehrim won't start - by Duzjah
Posted: 11.03.2011 17:34
Hello, I'm having a weird issue here...

I installed the game, it all went perfect, then in the NehrimLauncher I set those Data Files, I made sure only the Nehrim-files were marked, I unmarked the Oblivion.esm.
When I select 'Start Nehrim', this message shows up:

NehrimLauncher.exe cannot find the needed .exe file. You have to start the Launcher within the Nehrim directory.

Then I tried that, but with the same result.
Then I tried the 'Nehrim - At Fate's Edge'-desktop-icon which launched a game that appeared to be still Oblivion itself. I didn't understand: I deselected the Oblivion.esm (and I checked that with OBMM), I enabled the Nehrim-files, and when I start Nehrim, I get Oblivion?

I hope somebody can offer me some help, I would really like to get to playing this game :)
Re: Nehrim won't start - by arvisrend
Posted: 11.03.2011 18:47
What folder did you install Nehrim into?
Re: Nehrim won't start - by Duzjah
Posted: 11.03.2011 23:05
The path is 'C:\Users\UGent\Saved Games\Nehrim', so no Program Files since the FAQ advised not to install it there when you have Windows 7.
Re: Nehrim won't start - by arvisrend
Posted: 11.03.2011 23:11
I am not sure whether C:\Users is good. Your problem is that Oblivion.exe is not in your Nehrim folder. The Nehrim installer is supposed to copy oblivion.exe from your Oblivion folder into your Nehrim folder. It failed. This means that either it could not locate the oblivion.exe in your Oblivion folder (because you manually moved around Oblivion?), or it could not read the Oblivion folder, or it could not write in your Nehrim folder. Try reinstalling everything (Oblivion, patch 1.2.0416, Nehrim, Patch 1.1.1.1), each time choosing a really neutral folder (no C:\Program Files, but no C:\Users either; something like C:\Games or C:\Bethesda).
Re: Nehrim won't start - by Duzjah
Posted: 12.03.2011 09:13
I'll try that right after the weekend when I get back home,

but still... I guess that could fix my Launcher-problem, but could these action also fix my other problem?
Mmm...now that I've read your post again I guess it might, I'll try as soon as I can.
Re: Nehrim won't start - by Duzjah
Posted: 14.03.2011 09:23
Awww... the same problem occurred. :(

But maybe there's something you need to know, I didn't install Oblivion on this computer, I did on my other one
and I just copied all the files in the C:\Program Files\BethesdaSoftworks-directory to this computer and well, Oblivion worked just fine :p
So I thought there was no problem there, but maybe there is?

So, what should I do now?
Re: Nehrim won't start - by Roland Deschain
Posted: 14.03.2011 11:39
If you just copied your oblivion-directory from another pc, nehrim can't find the registry-keys it needs to locate your oblivion.exe.

To prevent more trouble, deinstall nehrim, delete all oblivion-related directories you copied and then properly install oblivion, patch it to the newest version and install nehrim to something like C:/Nehrim (don't use your user-folder!). Don't forget to update nehrim after you installed it.
Re: Nehrim won't start - by arvisrend
Posted: 14.03.2011 11:55
The instructions I gave at http://www.sureai.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... ide#p39119 might also help.
Re: Nehrim won't start - by Duzjah
Posted: 14.03.2011 18:32
Yeah, it works! :) Thanks for all the help.
I didn't re-install Oblivion, I just copied those files (Oblivion.exe etc.) into Nehrim and now it works just fine.
And I seems like it's going to be a good game too, the beginning is very exciting.
Nehrim won't start - by xliarsenickx
Posted: 18.03.2011 14:42
I installed nehrim to my oblivion directory, which is under c:/...my games. and everything istalled right. then i manually installed the patch because i'm in iraq and i don't have my own 'personal' internet connection. then i did exactly what the read me said, untick all data files except the nehrim related ones. once i did this i started up nehrim, and it crashed. so i backed up my .INI file and let nehrim create a new one. then it worked. next problem....
i went to start a new game, and it asked me if i was sure? 0_o i clicked yes but it just took me back to the main menu. i tried this with space bar, the mouse, the joy pad controller. nothing worked. i can't start a new game. and also the mouse pointer isn't a mouse pointer. its just a big white box where the pointer should be.
im 99% sure i did everything right. i even backed up my saves to another folder to start fresh with nehrim saves. could someone please help me. i've been wanting to play this game for months...
Re: Nehrim won't start - by arvisrend
Posted: 18.03.2011 16:04
If it's really your "My Games" directory, then I'm not sure whether the installation really worked. Did the patcher give you an error message?
Do you have the Nehrim BSA files in the "Data Files" directory of your Oblivion/Nehrim folder?
Re: Nehrim won't start - by xliarsenickx
Posted: 18.03.2011 16:37
If it's really your "My Games" directory, then I'm not sure whether the installation really worked. Did the patcher give you an error message?
Do you have the Nehrim BSA files in the "Data Files" directory of your Oblivion/Nehrim folder?


no, the only error message i got was when i just flew through the patch installation and didn't specify the oblivion directory. then i went back and made sure i got it right. and to answer your second question, yes, it's there. thanks for the quick response. im still messing with it trying to get it to work. the only option i think i have left though is to try and re install nehrim but i dont see any other way to do it other than the way i already tried.
Re: Nehrim won't start - by arvisrend
Posted: 18.03.2011 18:02
Reinstalling both Oblivion (don't forget the patch) and Nehrim (don't forget the patch) is usually the only way to be sure. Try not to use My Games this time.
Nehrim starts but - by kiwimac
Posted: 28.03.2011 10:05
when I click on "New Game" nothing happens. Installed under C:\Program Files\SureAI\Nehrim. Changed the Oblivion.ini so the splash screen starts, the other buttons all work but when I try and start a new game, nothing. Can anyone help please?
Re: Nehrim starts but - by arvisrend
Posted: 28.03.2011 13:37
kiwimac wrote:
when I click on "New Game" nothing happens. Installed under C:\Program Files\SureAI\Nehrim. Changed the Oblivion.ini so the splash screen starts, the other buttons all work but when I try and start a new game, nothing. Can anyone help please?
WinVista or Win7? In that case, C:\Program Files is a bad idea (UAC).
Re: Nehrim won't start - by NAR
Posted: 31.03.2011 23:36
arvisrend wrote:
kiwimac wrote:
when I click on "New Game" nothing happens. Installed under C:\Program Files\SureAI\Nehrim. Changed the Oblivion.ini so the splash screen starts, the other buttons all work but when I try and start a new game, nothing. Can anyone help please?
WinVista or Win7? In that case, C:\Program Files is a bad idea (UAC).



So what do you recommand ? D:\ ?
Re: Nehrim won't start - by arvisrend
Posted: 01.04.2011 00:37
Yeah, D:\Nehrim or something like that. But nothing in the "Program Files" hierarchy, and better not in the "My Documents" hierarchy either.
Re: Nehrim won't start - by NAR
Posted: 01.04.2011 11:44
Ok thanks I am gonna try this
Re: Nehrim won't start - by NAR
Posted: 01.04.2011 13:00
Well I tried, installed it in the D:\ folder but still, when I click on new game nothing happens
Re: Nehrim won't start - by arvisrend
Posted: 01.04.2011 14:04
Does http://www.sureai.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=4464 (more precisely, the second half of the first post) help?
All times are UTC+02:00
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited