SureAI

Forums covering SureAI game titles.

https://forum.sureai.net/

Topic title - Next Story Quest Does Not Start

https://forum.sureai.net/viewtopic.php?t=11450

Page 1 of 1
Next Story Quest Does Not Start - by glittergroin
Posted: 16.10.2016 20:00
I just finished The Word of the Dead and Fragments of the Past, in that order, and the next story quest will not trigger. I have another character that is way farther in the story line than this character is and i did not encounter that problem.. could someone possibly provide me the console commands to trigger the next quest in the sequence? Because none of the NPCs have anything interesting to say, so I'm assuming console commands are my only option.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Next Story Quest Does Not Start - by stuemper
Posted: 17.10.2016 00:22
Let me take a look on hit. Please attach your savegame.
Savegames can be found here: documents\mygames\skyrim\saves
A savegame consists of two files: one .skse and one .ess (please zip them together)
Thanks.
Re: Next Story Quest Does Not Start - by glittergroin
Posted: 17.10.2016 04:25
I tried uploading it, but the forum stops me from submitting the reply and claims that "The extension is not allowed" when I attach my compressed file.
Re: Next Story Quest Does Not Start - by stuemper
Posted: 17.10.2016 16:42
glittergroin wrote:
I tried uploading it, but the forum stops me from submitting the reply and claims that "The extension is not allowed" when I attach my compressed file.
What? Which compression did you choose?
Added a random save for testing
Re: Next Story Quest Does Not Start - by glittergroin
Posted: 17.10.2016 20:06
Tilliboy wrote:
glittergroin wrote:
I tried uploading it, but the forum stops me from submitting the reply and claims that "The extension is not allowed" when I attach my compressed file.
What? Which compression did you choose?
Added a random save for testing
I compressed using 7zip. Should I try using a different program?
Re: Next Story Quest Does Not Start - by stuemper
Posted: 17.10.2016 23:36
No, you should be fine using any compressing program.
Could you upload them to a filehoster and link them to me?
Re: Next Story Quest Does Not Start - by glittergroin
Posted: 18.10.2016 03:18
Tilliboy wrote:
No, you should be fine using any compressing program.
Could you uplaod them to a filehoster and link them to me?
https://mega.nz/#F!2Z4jzJza!p_dVfn16RMUWFZxBZ4dRmA
here's the download link to the file containing the .skse and the .ess
Re: Next Story Quest Does Not Start - by glittergroin
Posted: 22.10.2016 02:01
Is this thread dead..? Because I still need help with this issue if you can help.
Re: Next Story Quest Does Not Start - by Adrenalyze
Posted: 22.10.2016 02:27
glittergroin wrote:
Is this thread dead..? Because I still need help with this issue if you can help.
I'm behind proxy / vpn and mega.nz is blocked.

Savegames can be found here: documents\mygames\skyrim\saves
A savegame consists of two files: one .skse and one .ess (please zip them together)

Use WinRAR, 7-Zip, WinZip to zip both files together and attach the archive.
Re: Next Story Quest Does Not Start - by glittergroin
Posted: 22.10.2016 04:38
Okay it worked this time, no post error.
Re: Next Story Quest Does Not Start - by stuemper
Posted: 24.10.2016 01:34
No, the thread is not dead, we try to answer to every request. It happens that we have busy weeks and that we have little to no time for Enderal.

Do you have a savegame which can be loaded during the last conversation? Would be good to check where the problem is comming from.
Re: Next Story Quest Does Not Start - by BigElectricCat
Posted: 26.10.2016 05:45
glittergroin wrote:
I just finished The Word of the Dead and Fragments of the Past, in that order, and the next story quest will not trigger. I have another character that is way farther in the story line than this character is and i did not encounter that problem.. could someone possibly provide me the console commands to trigger the next quest in the sequence? Because none of the NPCs have anything interesting to say, so I'm assuming console commands are my only option.
Thanks in advance.
Was reluctant because where you were at also involves a character quest.

Tilliboy or someone with SureAI better qualified to identify problem than the likes of me... ; )

Your save is a puzzle though.

Unless mistaken, the game thinks you have finished both parts of 'Fragments of the Past! : 0 !

If you have an earlier save I'd replay from earlier in the game for story, and avoid missing any Calia related chats.

If want to console though, cross fingers? ; )

1.) Copy or backup save game & autosaves. Name one "Temp_MQ07Fix" (or whatever you can remember.) This just protects your saves in case console messes them up.

Before console, head to Market Place, or Noble District in Ark. An NPC from 'Deus Ex Machina' wants to thank you, but forget where I met him.
[+]
setstage MQ7bAftermath 10
setstage MQ7bAftermath 15
; close console. A man you rescued in Starling ruins should appear and thank you. Save as diff game?

;console again
setstage MQ7bAftermath 20

;In save, I tested it outside at Sun Temple so maybe a good idea to go there before continue.

setstage MQ08Prologue 5
;hopefully you should see a "wait" objective, and "Interlude" should be your story quest.
Best wishes & have fun with it!
All times are UTC+02:00
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited