We’re already three days into the release of Enderal and it already peaked into the Top 100 Steam games at place 93! We’ve been checking the forums and try to communicate with you guys as much as possible to gather feedback! We really appreciate it, though we can't reply to each and everyone due to our limited time. Thank you for your support and your understanding!
In the last couple days, we've released multiple smaller hotfixes because we wanted to get some fixes out as soon as possible. These changes are also listed in these patch notes.
It takes a while for the Steam client to register that there is a patch available. If you want to download immediately, restart Steam.
Be careful the patch notes could contain spoilers to some extent, we try to avoid them as much as possible, though.
- "The Void" (MQ02):
- Yero's books are no longer sellable to vendors. They now weight 0.
- "Cuthbert's Legacy" (FS_NQ07):
- It's no longer possible to leave the dungeon "Soul Bed" early during the quest.
- Furthermore it's no longer possible to get past Cuthbert when running fast.
- "A Foot in the Door" (NQ_G_01):
- Optimized dialogue conditions so that certain stages of the quest can't be skipped.
- "In Our Shadows" (FS_NQR03):
- Fixed the encounter between First Seer and Brother Greed.
- "Dark Chambers of Our Mind" (FS_NQR05):
- Fixed a bug that caused an invisible activator to stay around for a longer period of time.
- Fixed an issue with a configuration file that decreased the performance quite heavily. (was patched previously as hotfix).
- Added missing installation files which caused players to install Skyrim before installing Enderal. (was patched previously as hotfix)
- Starting the Enderal Launcher now creates a registry entry properly. (was patched previously as hotfix)
- Redirecting of important files has been optimized to work better with MO2.
- The old Skyrim skill menu is now completely suppressed on PC controls.
- WARNING: This change resets custom control settings. Sorry!
- Added multiple missing unique books to the game.
- Bard in the "Red Ox" now also performs "The Song of the Vatyrs" and "Welcome Be You, Merry Drunkards".
- The spell "Grave Curse" should work more reliable overall. More humanesque enemies added that can explode.
- The damage of the spell "Chaosnova" should now be calculated properly on the first cast.
- Probably fixed an issue that caused the spell "Mesmerize" to revert its effect on merchants.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the player to freeze and then shatter their companions.
- Fixed invisible "Dagger of Despair".
- Fixed wrong first person model on "Heavy Leather Cuirass".
- "Talisman: Warrior, Burnt Keeper (III)" is now craftable.
- "Magic-imbued Robe" is now craftable.
- Fixed a bug that caused diseases to be applied by nearly every attack of wolves and foxes.
- Fixed AI behaviour of wolves under certain circumstances.
- Etched tablet should no longer be interactable.
- Finding hidden stashes in chests now fully depends on the players "Sleight of Hand".
- Fixed display of a negative number when the apparition of the Phasmalist got unsummoned.
- Fixed a bug that caused the arcane fever to be increased higher than it was stated in the description of the perk "Summon Apparition".
- Note: Currently there is an issue with the naming of two similar perks, both are called "Summon Apparition", make sure to read their descriptions. This will be adjusted in the next patch.
- Phasmalist Workbench is properly placeable in the player houses.
- The wait menu should no longer get enabled when playing the Lycantrophe class.
- The perk "Fast Metabolism" now reduces the additional arcane fever properly.
- Fixed the perk "Exhaustion", it should now restore stamina properly to the player.
- Lowered the stats of the three wolves that the player encounters after leaving the "Abandoned Temple" in the beginning of the game.
- Lowered the stats of soldiers during the quest "The Word of the Dead" (MQ07a).
- Increased armor value of "Veil of the Ashwarrior".
- The armor values of normal and craftable "Rune Boots" are now correct.
- Fixed two occasions of weird behaviour of ladders in the world.
- Fixed multiple cases of the player getting stuck between or in objects.
- Fixed lots of typos and descriptions.
- Added a bunch of missing voicefiles to the English version, also corrected a few German ones.
Thanks for all the reports! We will continue to improve and bugfix Enderal!
Common issues and works arounds:
- Controller users might have trouble leaving the meditation area. Make sure to save the game and then restart the game and reload it. Or try to meditate once with mouse/keyboard, after that the controller will be detected properly.
- In case you have crashes on game launch / not launching at all or crashes in the first loading screen:
- Make sure that no additional mods are installed or activated.
- Check the integrity of game files via Steam.
- Don't use ALT+TAB during loading screens, to click on a different display. It might take a long time for the game to load, even when it seems like it might already have crashed (mouse cursor becoming a circle or might be missing entirely).
- Make sure your anti-virus-program, windows defender or firewall are not blocking the Enderal Launcher.exe, tes5.exe and skse_loader.exe. Furthermore make sure they all run with admin permissions. ENBoost and OneTweak can cause the game not to start on certain hardware configurations. Try to disable them in the Launcher.
- Don't launch the game using the skse_loader.exe, start it directly through Steam or the Enderal Launcher.exe.
- Try restarting Steam and/or your PC.
- Change settings in the Enderal Launcher, make sure the CPU and RAM usage are maxed out in the optimization tab.
- Try redownloading the game.
- The video cutscenes stutter / Audio cuts out / crashing while in a cutscene:
- If the video or audio gets cut out during cutscenes or the game crashes entirely, close the game an open up the Enderal Launcher. Go to the >Optimization< tab in the settings and disable OneTweak and ENBoost. Then go to the first tab >Common< and untick the Window Mode option. Save the settings and relaunch Enderal.
- There is also a possibility to skip the cutscenes, but it's only recommend to use this if you've already played the game once: Ingame > ESC > Mod configuration menu > Enderal > Skip Videos
- Videos can also be watched directly in the games files. Steam\steamapps\common\Enderal\Data\Video\.