SureAI

Forums covering SureAI game titles.

https://forum.sureai.net/

Topic title - Quest Help!

https://forum.sureai.net/viewtopic.php?t=5282

Page 1 of 1
Quest Help! - by HyderusCymraeg
Posted: 13.07.2011 18:44
Hello all,

I am with Narathzul Aranthead by the Stables for the Monastery but if I start to walk to the bridge I die, Narathzul is just standing there say's nothing much at all and I have no idea what I have to do. The men on the Brigde run after me but they too die at the same point as i did. not on the brigde but on the ground.

Any ideas/thoughts on what I should do at this point?

Thanks
Hyderus Cymraeg
Re: Quest Help! - by badgesareus
Posted: 13.07.2011 21:35
Very strange. Have you tried loading an earlier saved game?
Re: Quest Help! - by HyderusCymraeg
Posted: 13.07.2011 22:27
Yes, a few saves i have tried. I did the Update to see if that works, so far nothing. Narathzul just stands there, when one of the Guards seen be from the Bridge Narathzul ran off and left me there but then Guard just died after he left the bridge... when I looked around Narathzul was walking back and then back to his place and didnt move...

"For the Freedom of the people! Remember: For the Freedom of the People."
Re: Quest Help! - by badgesareus
Posted: 14.07.2011 07:05
If an earlier saved game doesn't work, I don't know. The Nehrim Wiki says
Narathzul's first decision is to head for Cahbaet with you and Callisto. He starts running towards the stables, and you should follow him. Before he, Callisto or you have saddled horses, save your game! The next part of this quest, alas, is prone to bugs and crashes.
Is it correct that you are on the main quest The Leader Returns? You could use the console command SetStage MQ17 32 to take you to the end of this quest, at Cahbaet.
Re: Quest Help! - by HyderusCymraeg
Posted: 15.07.2011 03:25
I just done the Quest 'Soul of the Sword'
Re: Quest Help! - by badgesareus
Posted: 15.07.2011 05:33
So if I understand correctly, you just finished the Soul of the Sword quest, and Narathzul has just transported you to the Monastary area.
[+]
Have you talked to him? He should tell you he's going to cast a spell on the enemy on the bridge. He casts some spell to kill several of the enemy soldiers, and if you move forward at that time, you will die from his spell. So you have to wait until his spell has done its work and he then tells you to take care of the remaining enemy.
If that doesn't help,I'm out of ideas.
Re: Quest Help! - by HyderusCymraeg
Posted: 15.07.2011 08:45
He dont ay anythin just stand there... just repeats "For the Freedom of the people! Remember: For the Freedom of the People." over and over.
Re: Quest Help! - by arvisrend
Posted: 16.07.2011 00:28
HyderusCymraeg wrote:
Yes, a few saves i have tried. I did the Update to see if that works, so far nothing.
So you had NOT patched Nehrim before you ran into this bug?
Unfortunately, patching does not help an already broken quest. What you can do is upload your savegame and wait until somebody (often it would be me, but not this time, unless you wait until I am back at my computer in a week...) tells you what exactly has happened and how you can fix it with the console.
Re: Quest Help! - by HyderusCymraeg
Posted: 16.07.2011 04:04
I had the bug saved then seen that there was an update so i thought i would try it.

I'll upload in the morning sometimeand will post here with it.

Thank you.
Re: Quest Help! - by HyderusCymraeg
Posted: 25.07.2011 05:58
Sorry it toke so long to update, Real life problems... sometimes wish i could fix the problems with a patch but life dont work that way...

Here is the file.

Download Save -->http://www.4shared.com/file/Df2gbe81/Nehrim_Save.html
<--

Any help in this matter would be very helpful.
Re: Quest Help! - by arvisrend
Posted: 16.08.2011 21:03
This thread caught me in the wrong time (I was moving out of a dorm)... but it still shouldn't have taken me a month to reply. Note to self: use bookmarks.

Anyway, I have now looked into that save. I don't fully understand what really has happened there, but I think we have two bugs interacting here: the Autosave bug of the engine and a quest bug of MQ17. Arantheal's "state" variable is down at 12, while it should be somewhere around 23. The dialogue between Arantheal and Barateon at Zelara's grave (yet before the Soul Flayer temple) alone should have brought it up to 18! Either some things went wrong when patching, or it's the engine bug that forgets modified values of variables when loading an autosave. As for the quest bug: Apparently you have killed some of the soldiers besieging the monastery on your own; laudable as it is, it seems to have broken MQ17. Here is an ESP patch that fixes it. To fix the autosave-induced problem, click on Narathzul from the console and enter "set state to 23". Then, wait 10 seconds (you should get a quest popup message). Narathzul will seem to die in his own blizzard spell, but disregard this - he will be right back; he is essential.
All times are UTC+02:00
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited