SureAI

Forums covering SureAI game titles.

https://forum.sureai.net/

Topic title - Installer Won't work

https://forum.sureai.net/viewtopic.php?t=4138

Page 1 of 1
Installer Won't work - by dcmort93
Posted: 07.12.2010 05:52
So I've downloaded the installer from both the torrent and the fileshack download mirror and neither of them work. It will show up on the processes pane on task manager, but will never actually run, even after a few hours. Does anyone have any suggestions or would be willing to forward me the actually files from the installer and instructions for how to get it working?

Thanks
Re: Installer Won't work - by TheHawk
Posted: 07.12.2010 19:58
Hi

Attached Launcher readme.
Might be just installed in wrong place. Safest place to install. C:\Nehrim (or any other name wish to use)
NehrimReadMe.rtf
Nehrim Readme
(20.34 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
Re: Installer Won't work - by dcmort93
Posted: 08.12.2010 01:21
The thing is that I can't even get the installer to start
Re: Installer Won't work - by TheHawk
Posted: 08.12.2010 01:32
Hi.

You did not say what os you are using.
Have you tried right clicking and "run as administrator".
Usually when its showing in taskbar its waiting for authority to do something.
Re: Installer Won't work - by dcmort93
Posted: 08.12.2010 01:39
I'm running Vista and I can't even get it to run as an admin with process explorer. Anything else?
Re: Installer Won't work - by himmelslicht
Posted: 08.12.2010 01:53
Any program that requires to change data outside your personal folders (My documents, etc) need administrator permission. Usually those program bring up a UAC popup, but some will just close down again or maybe idle around not being able to do anything.
Its generally a good idea to run installers, that dont have the UAC shield on their icon, to run with rightclick > run as administrator. That often saves you the hassle with 'did this program install correctly' and 'windows troubleshooting' popups.
Re: Installer Won't work - by dcmort93
Posted: 08.12.2010 01:56
The thing is it freezes my pc everytime i even try to right click on the installer
Re: Installer Won't work - by TheHawk
Posted: 08.12.2010 01:57
Hi.

If it does not work, might have to either turn off uac control or could even try a different compatibility mode (i.e right click - compatibility - win xp). Always found Vista a problem because of that.


Heres a link showing you how to turn off uac http://www.petri.co.il/disable_uac_in_windows_vista.htm
Re: Installer Won't work - by dcmort93
Posted: 08.12.2010 03:02
I turned off UAC and still nothing. I'll have access to a pc with XP tomorrow and I have my steam copy and the installer saved on to a 1TB portable drive that I'm taking with me so I'll see if it will work then
Re: Installer Won't work - by TheHawk
Posted: 08.12.2010 12:42
Hi.

Good luck with it.
My last suggestion was going to be asking where you are trying to run it from, and maybe dragging it to desktop or into c:
Re: Installer Won't work - by ajs
Posted: 08.12.2010 13:31
Could be a corrupt installer file. File size for NehrimInstall_1.0.7.5_EN.exe should be 1,685,556 KB.
Re: Installer Won't work - by TheHawk
Posted: 08.12.2010 13:35
Hi.

He would have to be so unlucky to download 2 corrupted installers.
Re: Installer Won't work - by dcmort93
Posted: 08.12.2010 13:39
My installer is the right size, 1.6 gb about so I don't think thats the problem
Re: Installer Won't work - by arvisrend
Posted: 08.12.2010 13:48
Not enough RAM? Antivirus laming down the installer?
Re: Installer Won't work - by dcmort93
Posted: 08.12.2010 15:14
well I should have access to a pc with xp and that should help the installer work
Re: Installer Won't work - by dcmort93
Posted: 09.12.2010 01:12
NVM I got it to work
Re: Installer Won't work - by jambah123
Posted: 09.12.2010 02:45
What did you do to get your installer to work? I'm having the exact same issue.
Re: Installer Won't work - by dcmort93
Posted: 09.12.2010 03:28
Turns out it wouldn't work twice because I and to close the installer to open the readme but it then didn't start up again. Could someone install it and then compress the files and send them to either of us?
Re: Installer Won't work - by jambah123
Posted: 09.12.2010 05:29
i agree.
Re: Installer Won't work - by arvisrend
Posted: 09.12.2010 14:58
dcmort93 wrote:
Turns out it wouldn't work twice because I and to close the installer to open the readme but it then didn't start up again. Could someone install it and then compress the files and send them to either of us?
I don't really understand your sentence. What has it to do with the readme? But if you want to get Nehrim running without executing the installer, you should make a copy of your Oblivion directory and unpack the installer into that directory. Here is what you need to unpack the installer.
All times are UTC+02:00
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited