SureAI

Forums covering SureAI game titles.

https://forum.sureai.net/

Topic title - 'Annoying' wind sounds

https://forum.sureai.net/viewtopic.php?t=3248

Page 1 of 1
'Annoying' wind sounds - by REBDK
Posted: 22.09.2010 21:44
Hi there..

So yeah.. This mod is awesome, i really enjoy it, but there's a few things that bothers me. There's these two sound files, only two AFAIK, that often plays..
it's a quite loud wind sound and a sound of wind in a tree, making this weird wooden creaking sound, like you were onboard of a ship..
I've looked through the .bsa files to find these sound files and replace them with some empty sound file, but to no avail. I may have missed it though, does anyone perhaps know the file name?

Also another thing, if i'm like standing next to a fire from any source, and bring up the inventory screen then go out of it, the fire is completely silent.. Is this a normal bug? Can anything be done?


Thanks in advance

Regards,
Re: 'Annoying' wind sounds - by Darkblade
Posted: 22.09.2010 21:50
You think it is loud? You should hear the first german version!
Sorry, I must say this. :mrgreen:
But I can't help you.
Re: 'Annoying' wind sounds - by mazling
Posted: 23.09.2010 06:50
I've noticed that a certain specific wind sound, while very high up, doesn't stop even after teleporting to somewhere else.
[+]
When in the glider/around treomar outpost, stone tablets quest.
Re: 'Annoying' wind sounds - by arvisrend
Posted: 23.09.2010 12:39
Yes, we are aware of this bug but we don't know how to fix it.
Re: 'Annoying' wind sounds - by REBDK
Posted: 23.09.2010 13:11
Which bug were you referring to there? Isn't it just a matter of replacing some sound files with empty sound files? Atleast that would do it for me, it's not like i NEED wind sounds in my games, ambient things are not that important for me.
Re: 'Annoying' wind sounds - by arvisrend
Posted: 23.09.2010 14:17
The problem is that a sound is either looping or one-time only. We need it to loop for the glider ride but to stop afterwards. ATM I don't know how to do that.
Re: 'Annoying' wind sounds - by REBDK
Posted: 23.09.2010 14:26
Hmm.. Haven't had that problem. You can't help me with my problems?
Re: 'Annoying' wind sounds - by arvisrend
Posted: 23.09.2010 15:04
I have nothing to do with the sounds, in fact. Maybe I could help if you would name these sound files.
Re: 'Annoying' wind sounds - by REBDK
Posted: 23.09.2010 15:16
Hmm.. It's the filename of the files im sort of looking after.. No success in finding them though.. If i knew their path in the bsa files, i could just make my own empty sound files and use those instead, which would solve the issues, i guess.
Re: 'Annoying' wind sounds - by bobbysolace
Posted: 23.09.2010 23:27
that souns is killing me too since the english beta..... :( it's like the loudest and most frequent sound in the game and annoying as hell
Re: 'Annoying' wind sounds - by arvisrend
Posted: 24.09.2010 00:29
Could you record this sound in some way (by Fraps or another recorder)?
Re: 'Annoying' wind sounds - by REBDK
Posted: 24.09.2010 00:53
Sure.. Recorded the two that annoys me the most..
The second one is, as stated in the video, not really annoying like that, but it plays so often that it gets kinda annoying.. Lowering the volume on that specific file would probably help though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifHzhXhKh9c
Re: 'Annoying' wind sounds - by Hoxyd
Posted: 24.09.2010 11:37
I fix it.
Re: 'Annoying' wind sounds - by REBDK
Posted: 24.09.2010 12:51
Good to hear, mate, looking forward!
Re: 'Annoying' wind sounds - by BurningChrome
Posted: 24.09.2011 04:16
bobbysolace wrote:
that souns is killing me too since the english beta..... :( it's like the loudest and most frequent sound in the game and annoying as hell
The patch definitely works! I had already taken the glider ride and experienced the same problem. I installed his patch and everything is back to normal. Good work!
All times are UTC+02:00
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited