SureAI

Forums covering SureAI game titles.

https://forum.sureai.net/

Topic title - Cant Start a new game.

https://forum.sureai.net/viewtopic.php?t=3000

Page 1 of 1
Cant Start a new game. - by Dwizzle
Posted: 14.09.2010 23:48
Nehrim installed perfectly fine, all worked well. When i goto click "start a new game", and then "yes" nothing happens and it simply just takes me back to the main menu.

Now before you ask, I HAVE ALREADY went into nehrim launcher and checked all the appropriate boxes and unchecked the oblivion related ones. I DO have oblivion, and the latest oblivion patch installed already. But still i cannot start a new game. And YES I HAVE read the "read me" top to bottom. I do not mean to be rude, but i have made sure the boxes, launcher and patches are all correct so im looking for anything else that can help :/

If anyone can help me out id really appreciate, this game looks awesome and i cant wait to to dive in.
Re: Cant Start a new game. - by Yusuke
Posted: 15.09.2010 00:06
Same here!
Re: Cant Start a new game. - by Chasm
Posted: 15.09.2010 00:18
Does the load order list in the launcher contain any (deactivated) oblivion resources or mods?
Re: Cant Start a new game. - by mopikoa
Posted: 15.09.2010 06:11
Chasm wrote:
Does the load order list in the launcher contain any (deactivated) oblivion resources or mods?
nope, only the three Nehrim files
Re: Cant Start a new game. - by Yusuke
Posted: 15.09.2010 15:12
I only have those 3 to.
Re: Cant Start a new game. - by Arandor
Posted: 15.09.2010 15:54
Did you try deleting the oblivion.ini file? If yes, I recommend you to do a complete reinstall of both Oblivion and Nehrim.
Re: Cant Start a new game. - by Yusuke
Posted: 15.09.2010 18:38
I did both but i give it a try.
Re: Cant Start a new game. - by Yusuke
Posted: 15.09.2010 19:08
Didn't work. :(
Re: Cant Start a new game. - by scarymike23
Posted: 16.09.2010 06:38
I had this issue as well. Solved it by click on "Data Files" in the Launcher (not the desktop shortcut that directly launches the game).

Then make sure there is a check next to EACH of the Nehrim mod files.

Nehrim.esm
NehrimData.esp
NehrimEnglish.esp

there MUST be a check in the check box in front of each of those. It can be confusing, because clicking on the check box does not check it. You must double click on it (technically highlight the line, then click the box). then click accept. now launch the game and start a new game.
Re: Cant Start a new game. - by Yusuke
Posted: 16.09.2010 15:25
Already done that 2. :cry:
Re: Cant Start a new game. - by Chasm
Posted: 16.09.2010 21:21
Maybe a broken installation. But that is rather hard to diagnose remotely.
If you know what the console is and have no fear to use it be the first to try this. 8)
All times are UTC+02:00
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited