https://forum.sureai.net/viewtopic.php?t=13191
01.09.2018 20:46Ricaaado wrote: The last time I played either of these mods was around release for both,
and I was running Windows 7 then (which didn't jerk me around when it came to file security.)
I don't know what else could be messing things up.
01.09.2018 23:17Ricaaado wrote: Update: My Oblivion GOTY is already up-to-date, being at version 1.2.0416. Nehrim is reinstalled and I can't currently update it as the servers appear to be down. Would it be possible to just download any updates without needing the installer?
Update 2: Alright, I can only assume I was incorrectly trying to install Nehrim the entire time. So I decided to reinstall it and overwrite the Oblivion files with all of the Nehrim files and it works! Not sure if I'll need to update, but the game actually works now! So now I'm wondering if I've been doing the same wrong thing with Enderal. However I'm not really sure if that's the case, considering what's already happened.
02.09.2018 01:08Stefanie wrote: Sorry, my English is not the best, please ask again if necessary.
After the Enderal installation, please do not start the Enderal lancher in C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\Downloads\, but (e.g. via a link to the Destop) in the game path.
In such cases, please start the launcher as admin and check if other programs such as your firewall or an antivirus program do not disturb.
I would suggest a clean reinstallation in your case, even if it takes some time.
(Enderal, have you already uninstalled it? If not, please do it)
Clean new installation: (please read with attention)
- copy existing savegames to other locations and also the installation-file of Enderal
You'll find the saves in: C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Saves
- Uninstall Enderal with the launcher and then uninstall Skyrim.
- Then delete the following directories manually. (these are old data remnants of the installation).
E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (your installation path)
C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\ (game settings and saves of Skyrim and/or Enderal)
C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\skyrim\ (your current mod settings,
Note: this may be a hidden folder)
The same 3 folders are also important when backup your data.This may save you a lot of time later, if you have enough space.
-----
New installation:
(start as administrator if possible and may temporarily deactivate anti-virus programs or other disturbing background applications)
- To do this, create a folder (such as C:\Games, i.e., no existing Windows system folders),
- Then reinstall Skyrim there, update and start the game briefly (do not save), then install Enderal, update again and start Enderal via the Enderal-launcher.
(Manually remove any write protection of the relevant folders via Properties, with subdirectories)
Then make settings . The short starts are for testing and creating the default settings.
Leave out any mods for now!
If problems still arise afterwards, you may have other problems, but that would have to be solved here later.
Problems with Nehrim may be solved better in the separate Tread?
A lot has already been written about this, under Nehrim and Steam.
03.09.2018 07:56Ricaaado wrote: The Nehrim problem is solved. I'm going with your suggestion for fixing Enderal and hopefully it works. I should be able to reply with an update in the morning.
Update: Miraculously, the problem with Enderal is now solved too! Thank you all for your help, and hopefully anyone else having the same problem will find a solution here.