SureAI

Forums covering SureAI game titles.

https://forum.sureai.net/

Topic title - Gate guard never opens the gate to Silvergrove

https://forum.sureai.net/viewtopic.php?t=11742

Page 1 of 1
Gate guard never opens the gate to Silvergrove - by Jason_25
Posted: 01.12.2016 10:02
I can't get into Silvergrove for the quest there. The guard says he is going to open the gate and nothing happens.

Another Silvergrove bug I triggered much earlier may be related. I snuck into Silvergrove by way of the mountains. This causes the time of day to 'lock" to around 9 AM forever after that unless you use the console.

Is there any fix here? I suppose I will try to climb over the mountains again but that was pretty hard to do.
Re: Gate guard never opens the gate to Silvergrove - by stuemper
Posted: 01.12.2016 12:35
That is why Silvergroove is locked :/
The most useful solution would be to go back to a save before you "climbed" into the Silvergroove area.

Please attach your savegame. I'll see what I can do.
Savegames are located here: documents\mygames\skyrim\saves
A savegame consists of two files: one .skse file and one .ess file (please zip them together)
Re: Gate guard never opens the gate to Silvergrove - by yatol
Posted: 02.12.2016 15:40
that's because you are in his path after he is done blabla

go back to earlier save and talk to him on his right
or punch him, run over him, fus do rah him

there's some blabla after he close the door, wait for that, you will crash if you try going to the city and is too far from him for that
Re: Gate guard never opens the gate to Silvergrove - by hoems
Posted: 10.03.2017 10:44
Hi,
I have the same problem. The gate warden doesn't open the gate.
plz help.

savegame is attached
Re: Gate guard never opens the gate to Silvergrove - by stuemper
Posted: 12.03.2017 16:00
We are looking into it.
Re: Gate guard never opens the gate to Silvergrove - by arvisrend
Posted: 13.03.2017 03:58
Weird. For now, try the follwing:

prid 8aaa1
unlock
startscene 8e875

The first two commands unlock the door; the last one starts the relevant scene. You might need to apply the commands many times, as the door seems to close by itself, and the scene seems to stop by itself. I'm wondering what is going on there :/

Do you remember when you got that quest? Was it back in 2016? A change I made somewhere around New Year might have been backwards-incompatible :(
Re: Gate guard never opens the gate to Silvergrove - by hoems
Posted: 14.03.2017 20:20
Thanks for the help, i'll give it a go.

I got the quest the same day i posted in this thread.
However i also experienced a lot of bugs with calia in the quest Angel. Calias dialogues didnt trigger. I could use some commands i found on here to advance to the library, but from there on i had to use tcl to cheat my way into the final chamber. From there on i could finish the quest normally. ;aybe this caused the bug...
Re: Gate guard never opens the gate to Silvergrove - by stuemper
Posted: 15.03.2017 02:20
Do you have a savegame from the angel quest?
Re: Gate guard never opens the gate to Silvergrove - by hoems
Posted: 16.03.2017 18:09
I have two savegames left. I think i made both of them before using console commands to advance.
Re: Gate guard never opens the gate to Silvergrove - by stuemper
Posted: 16.03.2017 18:52
If you haven't progressed further or anyone else havng this problem, you can do the following:
Go back to a savegame in Ark (before entering or walking in direction of Silvergrove). And use this console command:
set timescale to 10
Don't use the command while you are in the Silvergrove area.
Re: Gate guard never opens the gate to Silvergrove - by hoems
Posted: 16.03.2017 20:00
set timecode to 10 didnt really solve the bug. However I was able to start the questline using the other commands you gave me. Thx a lot!
And btw great game and story so far!
Re: Gate guard never opens the gate to Silvergrove - by stuemper
Posted: 17.03.2017 00:16
Okay, thanks for the info!
All times are UTC+02:00
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited