https://forum.sureai.net/viewtopic.php?t=10581
Makesin wrote:One problem I have with the whole "end at the light of the tunnel" hallucination theory is that there are a few events happening in the game which we know are true from Nehrim, yet the player character couldn't know about them.
For starters, there's Constantine Firespark, a mage of Narathzul's Order from Nehrim, who obviously appears in Enderal, thus he's not a character made up by a dying mind. Unless he appeared in Ostian in Nehrim (I honestly don't remember the Southrealm part of Nehrim very well), I doubt a young fugitive from Ostian could know about him.
But more importantly, we have Tealor Arantheal, and not only does the Prophet witness him talk about his imprisonment by Narathzul (again, where would the Prophet gain this information?), but more importantly, he witnesses a scene between Tealor and Irlanda talking about Narathzul being their son. This is again something we know is true from Nehrim, and most definitely something the Prophet couldn't know beforehand. After all, only Tealor, Irlanda (and possibly other gods), Arkt, Narathzul and the Nehrim PC ever knew and I doubt either of them would tell some random refugee from Ostian.
As such, unless the Prophet's mind could create in their mind a scenario which would acidentaly show true information (that is, Prophet's mind made up the fact that Tealor and Irlanda had a son without know it actually is the truth), I'll believe that the story truly happened.
Makesin wrote:One problem I have with the whole "end at the light of the tunnel" hallucination theory is that there are a few events happening in the game which we know are true from Nehrim, yet the player character couldn't know about them.
For starters, there's Constantine Firespark, a mage of Narathzul's Order from Nehrim, who obviously appears in Enderal, thus he's not a character made up by a dying mind. Unless he appeared in Ostian in Nehrim (I honestly don't remember the Southrealm part of Nehrim very well), I doubt a young fugitive from Ostian could know about him.
But more importantly, we have Tealor Arantheal, and not only does the Prophet witness him talk about his imprisonment by Narathzul (again, where would the Prophet gain this information?), but more importantly, he witnesses a scene between Tealor and Irlanda talking about Narathzul being their son. This is again something we know is true from Nehrim, and most definitely something the Prophet couldn't know beforehand. After all, only Tealor, Irlanda (and possibly other gods), Arkt, Narathzul and the Nehrim PC ever knew and I doubt either of them would tell some random refugee from Ostian.
As such, unless the Prophet's mind could create in their mind a scenario which would acidentaly show true information (that is, Prophet's mind made up the fact that Tealor and Irlanda had a son without know it actually is the truth), I'll believe that the story truly happened.
Seems far fetched
theslowarrow wrote:I'm lost. How could this is all be PC's imagination?
The veiled woman caused the explosion on ship which resulted in PC being exposed and thrown out of ship. If the whole post-intro thing is just some fabrication in PC's mind how do you explain veiled woman's role in this? She just did that so you'd have some crazy dream before you drown?
I'm not totally convinced by aged man being time incarnation theory either. From his letter as well as woman in water's words it's clear that he's more than just an observer, but has some agenda/plan to himself but failed because his 'pride'. I haven't played the Nehrim game but I think he's somehow connected to the events in it(in his letter he said something about him originally thinking what happened in Nehrim an upturning event but had eventually lost hope afterwards). Now I'm suspecting he is actually .
MyLongestJourney wrote:Both are dead by Nehrim's end
badgesareus wrote:I've figured it out! The Aged Man has been observing the entire history of the cycles in Vyn, so it must be -- Nicolas Samuel !