SureAI

Forums covering SureAI game titles.

https://forum.sureai.net/

Topic title - Nehrim Wiki project- join us please!

https://forum.sureai.net/viewtopic.php?t=4103

Page 9 of 26
Re: Nehrim Wiki project- join us please! - by Garnet
Posted: 02.01.2011 20:56
Thanks.
Re: Nehrim Wiki project- join us please! - by ToxicCosmos
Posted: 03.01.2011 10:49
Ok. Finally got the edit box to change! :D

@kassandra - would you still like me to move or get rid of some of those side modules?
Re: Nehrim Wiki project- join us please! - by kassandra
Posted: 03.01.2011 11:33
No thanks, it's fine now :P
Re: Nehrim Wiki project- join us please! - by ToxicCosmos
Posted: 03.01.2011 11:35
Ok. :]

If you guys need to get ahold of me, aside from on this forum and whatnot, my yahoo id is: c_rok06

Edit: I'll be working on an idea for the front page. If we have a quick nav similar to the one on dragon age http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Age_Wiki what would you guys want to see on it? I was thinking something like Quests, Items, Magic, Places, Creatures, etc.
Re: Nehrim Wiki project- join us please! - by kassandra
Posted: 03.01.2011 14:37
hey:]

In quick navigation hm.... DA has 12 slots, so for 12 slots I would see:
Quests
Items
Magic
Crafting
Creatures
People
Services
Places
Mods (maybe now no articlehere, but I guess Nehrim has a huge potential modding in the future! []) .
Easter Eggs
Maps
Achievements
(not necessarily in this order)

I guess these would be useful in quick navigation as most of these sections are quite developed.

As for the other, this ' upper navigation' (over the pages counter) can direct to them. So we would have there :
Quest information
Character information
Gaemplay info
World info
Miscellaneous
Tech Support
SureAI

Taht;s just my suggestion , let's see what the others think :]
Re: Nehrim Wiki project- join us please! - by ToxicCosmos
Posted: 03.01.2011 15:45
Here's an idea for the front page, I used Kassandra's examples (minus places and easter eggs - need to decide on icons for those). http://varriaga.com/wiki/nehrim/frontpage.jpg

I'm totally up for suggestions. I had no idea what madules to add, so I just picked some. Uhm, do you guys want more defined borders for the modules, or are the lines fine? What do you guys think?
Re: Nehrim Wiki project- join us please! - by kassandra
Posted: 03.01.2011 20:35
Wow looks awesome and really Nehrimish!
But we will have to write our own news and contribute:] If there's a problem with Easter Eggs and Places, they can always be in this 'upper' navigation.



EDIT: I was thinking about the Places page and how it's organised. I was editing it a bit yesterday, and I found all the clicking a bit annoying, you have to click a lot to get to the page that you want. And when you finally go somewhere, there are only few articles.
How about changing it into the same layout that Creatures have? But instead of Animals, Humans etc we would have Capital Cities, Mines, Caves, Fortresses, etc. There we would put some subdivision into the Middlerealm, Northrealm , Southrealm or simply put it inside the description, but everything would be listed in alphabetical order. In this case we would need to discard the tables, but all the info is inside the articles, so the tables seem a bit surplus.
I guess it would be 'quicker navigation' as now it is quite diifficult to find what you want.


Whatr do you think , Toxic, Garnet?
Re: Nehrim Wiki project- join us please! - by ToxicCosmos
Posted: 04.01.2011 10:35
@kassandra - I like that idea. The less clicking you have to do, the better I think. :]

I think having Places in the quick nav is kind of important. It has a lot of information and would be useful to have in an easy-to-access spot. That said, maybe we should get rid of one of the links and add that one in. Maybe put it in place of maps? or get rid of Achievements or something? Not sure. What do you guys think?

EDIT: I can also add more icons for more links, we don't have to limit ourselves to the 10 or 12. :]
Re: Nehrim Wiki project- join us please! - by kassandra
Posted: 04.01.2011 11:56
I would opt for putting Places instead of Achievements. Achievements is only one page with no plans for further developing into something bigger, I guess. Just a list of achievements. Whereas Maps.. hm... Garnet did a grea tjob with adding the maps there, but I am not 100% sure that the page is complete. Maybe one day someone will have another idea of developing this page:P


As for the Places, if we have Garnet's consent (as he mainly contributed to the Places) could you at least create the layout for Places (similar to this one for Creatures)? I could add links when I have some spare time.
Re: Nehrim Wiki project- join us please! - by ToxicCosmos
Posted: 04.01.2011 11:58
No problem, I could do that. And I agree, I'd rather get rid of achievements than maps. :] Ok, will do.

Edit: I've just finished the middlerealm places page, should I delete the individual ones? (fortresses, caves, mines, etc.)
Re: Nehrim Wiki project- join us please! - by Garnet
Posted: 04.01.2011 12:25
Suggestion for places, all Realms with section in one page:
http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad29 ... places.jpg
or take a look:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Places
it's very well organized
Re: Nehrim Wiki project- join us please! - by kassandra
Posted: 04.01.2011 12:47
Take a look at this one Garnet, less clicking and everything is clear and at hand:
http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/The_Middlerealm_places
And Wika becomes more consistent, smilar layout to Creatures.



Wait with deleting Toxic, if [Garnet is not convinced to our plan we will have to wiat for at least one more to decide :P I think your layout is nice Garnet, but the one which Toxic means:
-less clicking
- sometimes players ar not aware if this place is a cave , mine or shrine (sometimes it's not that obvious) so they can search for it quickly in Toxic's layout as all places are in plain sight. In your layout it would mean clicking a lot.
- Toxic's page looks 'full' . Whereas some of your links would direct to pages with only few locations (dangeous places).
- I;m not convinced about the tables. Still, the info that appears in the tables is in the articles.
Re: Nehrim Wiki project- join us please! - by ToxicCosmos
Posted: 04.01.2011 12:52
I like how the oblivion one is set up. Similar to how I put together the Middlerealm Places page, only a little more detailed. I like the link to map locations in the list. I wonder if we should put all the realms together on one page like Garnet's example. That might be simpler in the long run - and might help avoid some confusion. Not sure. What do you guys think?
Re: Nehrim Wiki project- join us please! - by kassandra
Posted: 04.01.2011 13:13
You mean all realms on one page but with everything listed as you did in the middlerealm page? Or do you mean exactly the same layout as Garnet's?
Re: Nehrim Wiki project- join us please! - by ToxicCosmos
Posted: 04.01.2011 13:23
Same layout as what I did for the middlerealm page, just with everything listed. Not sure how that would look. A long page probably with a lot of links, but maybe easier? Not sure.
Re: Nehrim Wiki project- join us please! - by Garnet
Posted: 04.01.2011 15:43
I'm for the long page with all Realms and places names with links, a link to Maps is welcome and a section Unmarked places.
is there a way to list names in alphabetic order automatically?

We can also listing Arktwend like separate place. Maybe is good to have a separate link to the mod for Morrowind "Arktwend", I haven't played yet, but I want when finish Nehrim. It's like an overture to the events in Nehrim, probably players want to know the story.
Re: Nehrim Wiki project- join us please! - by kassandra
Posted: 04.01.2011 19:05
So I'm all for the long page with all the Realms and links too. Probably a long page, but less clicking:P
Yes, it would be good to know the story behind Arktwend :]
Re: Nehrim Wiki project- join us please! - by Garnet
Posted: 05.01.2011 01:25
I do a mess with Creatures, accurately The Reaper, used the Template page and when editing I get The Template page instead the Section page. And I like the picture on top right corner. Can anybody fix that? Hate templates! :cry:
Re: Nehrim Wiki project- join us please! - by kassandra
Posted: 05.01.2011 08:50
Hi Garnet,
Don't worry, everything can be fixed :P
Already edited the Reaper page and now you should be able to edit it.

To apply templates simply write :
{{subst:Creatures}}
Save
Edit <-- then you are able to edit it.
Re: Nehrim Wiki project- join us please! - by Garnet
Posted: 05.01.2011 23:44
Thanks, I'm a little flighty reading instructions.
All times are UTC+02:00
Page 9 of 26
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited