Paper World Map - Information!

Moderator: Moderatoren

48 Beiträge Seite 5 von 5
George_Spelvin
Bettler
Bettler

I'd installed Enderal into a full copy of my Skyrim (non-SE) folder. When I first got it running, it said SKSE wasn't found so I reinstalled it to the Enderal folder.

Is there anyway to run a "validate files" like Steam offers for Skyrim itself?
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

Then the SKSE stuff that are included in Enderal were not properly installed or you have a corrupted download. Installing SKSE manually only results in issues. I would recommend to do a clean reinstall of both Skyrim and Enderal.

There is no" validate files" for Enderal.
George_Spelvin
Bettler
Bettler

Complete reinstall. Emptied out the Skyrim folder of all files. Reinstalled it fresh via Steam.
Installed Enderal. Updated Enderal; no difficulty in updating it this time. No mods.

No map. (https://i.gyazo.com/4eea99cb575a89f3f23 ... ea1995.png) Same with starting a new game.

launcher.log attached.
Dateianhänge
Launcher.log
(154.04 KiB) 150-mal heruntergeladen
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

Maybe Antivir... and Co will intervene?
Can you edit your Skyrim.ini? You can find it under: "%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My games\skyrim\skyrim.ini
If these entries do not already exist there, you will need z.b. Insert the following at the end of the file:
Code: Alles auswählen
[MapMenu]
uLockedObjectMapLOD=32
uLockedTerrainLOD=32
sWorldMapOverlayNormalSnowTexture
sWorldMapOverlayNormalTexture
fWorldMapDepthBlurScale=0.0000
fMapWorldMaxPanSpeed=80000.0000
fMapWorldCursorMoveArea=0.4000
fMapWorldYawRange=20.0000
fMapWorldMinPitch=90.0000
if everything is installed correctly, that should help
George_Spelvin
Bettler
Bettler

Okay, so when I flushed my Skyrim folder, I did not delete the skyrim.ini in my Documents. So I renamed it and let the launcher create a new default one.... which gave me a message about SKSE not having enough memory and that I could edit an skse.ini that wasn't anywhere to be found...but it let me continue.
No map and now I couldn't access inventory either. It just showed as blank. When I looked at the fresh .ini, the map lines you'd provided were placed under [VATS] but moving them under [MapMenu] didn't change anything.

So....took a step back. Uninstalled Enderal, validated Steam files, deleted the skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini. As clean a slate as I can think of. Then reinstalled Enderal. Before the update, checked the new/clean/fresh skyrim.ini and the order seemed off again with the map lines under Vats again. I'm attaching it for reference and the prefs.ini just in case.

I have to run out for the evening. Updater's been running for the last 90 mins.
Dateianhänge
SkyrimPrefs.ini
(3.22 KiB) 158-mal heruntergeladen
Skyrim.ini
(2.6 KiB) 163-mal heruntergeladen
tazz001
Gauner
Gauner
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

I had a similar issue that drove me insane, I wound up getting a second hard drive, clean install of Win10 64bit did a steam install of Skyrim which I copied the complete clean install folder to a flash drive just to avoid these issues. I started Skyrim played till I named my character. At that point I did an install of Enderal, the map was flawless. If you mod the ini file as others suggest it may work fine, I didn't find that out till I went with the clean install.

I played Enderal through including every quest I could find listed 3 times over this winters months, the only add in was the fast travel mod which worked flawless with the newer map.

If you have the room my suggestion is to do a clean install of everything, I have almost 1700 hours on Skyrim on Steam, since Skyrims introduction I probably have 3000 plus game play hours, going through a couple consoles before going to 4k on the big screen which Skyrim can not do, 1080 is best before the "level up" is perm displayed.

I wish I found this forum sooner - TIA Guys & Gals

If you need those two files I will copy and paste the data from the clean install Steam Skyrim install ini files.

I noticed the change in hard disks gave Steam cloud back up a belly ache.
George_Spelvin
Bettler
Bettler

WORKING MAP!!! Huzzah!

I was really having the feeling that it was one of the settings files after what I'd been posting in that most recent post.

Thanks to all who helped out.

(NOTE: Typo in Jespar's subtitled dialogue at the Wild Bee "You seem like the rougish type")
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

great to hear :thumbsup:
48 Beiträge Seite 5 von 5