My Only Wish...

Moderator: Moderatoren

10 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
AzureTheGamerKobold
Bettler
Bettler

I really want you guys to either add a non-human race of some description, or add an option to keep in the vanilla races because right now only thing keeping me from playing Enderal is the lack of race options. No Orcs, No Lizardmen, No Beast clan, and we know they exist in game... i fought one already... the goat man thing... so they DO exist! But i just refuse to play humans in any game i play if i can avoid it and knowing that skyrim has tons of options its kind of a major disappointment to see such limited options.

I love the mod in every other respect but the this one thing kills it for me :(
Buccaneer
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 41 Mal

I am just the opposite. Not only do I totally ignore choosing a non-human playing character (always have, always will), but I cringe at seeing non-human non-playing characters in all of these type of games. Creatures, yes, because they are based on real-world animals but seeing talking animals, humanoid animals, aliens or mutants are just something I've had to live with. For example in Skyrim, it was so bad having to talk to those reptilian characters that I avoid doing so unless I had to. Yes, I understand Orcs and stuff like are traditional and Tolkien-esque, but I was glad to see Enderal choosing not to have weird PC and having most of the population you talk to be relatively normal/historical type people. So I vote having far less non-humans in the game, PC or NPC.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

Since dragons exist in the game, I'd like to play as a dragon. Since the huge SureAI team has so much free time on its hands, they shouldn't have any problem resizing all the buildings and dungeons so a dragon could fit through them. And please make the grips on the weapons longer so they will fit in dragon hands. Wait! I've seen several paintings of Godzilla in Enderal, so I've changed my mind, I want to play as Godzilla!
Ragnarok
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 20 Mal

13.08.2017 09:41AzureTheGamerKobold hat geschrieben:
I really want you guys to either add a non-human race of some description, or add an option to keep in the vanilla races because right now only thing keeping me from playing Enderal is the lack of race options. No Orcs, No Lizardmen, No Beast clan, and we know they exist in game... i fought one already... the goat man thing... so they DO exist! But i just refuse to play humans in any game i play if i can avoid it and knowing that skyrim has tons of options its kind of a major disappointment to see such limited options.

I love the mod in every other respect but the this one thing kills it for me :(
The thing is, Enderal is NOT like Skyrim. It is not about building your own loose personal story onto a very sketchy main story background with lots of room for personal imagination. In Enderal, you play the STORY. You do have choices and they matter, but the story itself is as defined as a destiny you have to fulfill. That defined story destiny, avoiding spoilers here, is unsuited to beastmen or creatures such as the Vatyrs (the "goat men").

Try it out and play the story this time, instead of the character. You may be surprised as to how much you'll love it.
AzureTheGamerKobold
Bettler
Bettler

Or mod in a custom race and get the best of both worlds? Honestly i'd rather play my character... look the way i want, play the way i want... i mean that was always the best part of Skyrim and any RPG really. One of my greatest issues with Mass Effect was wanting to be a Krogran and to this day... it is probably the #1 flaw i had with that series...

When it comes to a story with a DEFINED character like say the Witcher this is ok to not give that option because, you are playing Geralt's story. But in an RPG where you get to make your character, and decide there class and actions you can't really use the " play the story " argument because from the very moment you start you are given the option to customize that character. So giving the player MORE options is always best... they took the diversity of skyrim and hit it with a sledge hammer...

Yes it is a criticism for the game, same criticism i gave to Mass Effect, the same one i harm on in the old republic... you might enjoy playing a human... but not everyone does and not everyone wants to be a red blue or green human. For me i get to play a human all the time every day, when i play an RPG it is about not being human its about wanting to see things from the perspective of another race.

So No i can't agree with your statement is the game good? so far i'm enjoying it and yes the story is good BUT i can tell you this... at no point has it effected the game for me to NOT be human if anything i have enjoyed it better with the idea i am an out lander...

So yea i do think having a couple more non-human races in the game would BENEFIT it because less choice is never good. I will ALWAYS just mod it in because i play the game the way i want, end of story...
Ragnarok
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 20 Mal

17.08.2017 07:52AzureTheGamerKobold hat geschrieben:
Or mod in a custom race and get the best of both worlds? Honestly i'd rather play my character... look the way i want, play the way i want... i mean that was always the best part of Skyrim and any RPG really. One of my greatest issues with Mass Effect was wanting to be a Krogran and to this day... it is probably the #1 flaw i had with that series...

When it comes to a story with a DEFINED character like say the Witcher this is ok to not give that option because, you are playing Geralt's story. But in an RPG where you get to make your character, and decide there class and actions you can't really use the " play the story " argument because from the very moment you start you are given the option to customize that character. So giving the player MORE options is always best... they took the diversity of skyrim and hit it with a sledge hammer...

Yes it is a criticism for the game, same criticism i gave to Mass Effect, the same one i harm on in the old republic... you might enjoy playing a human... but not everyone does and not everyone wants to be a red blue or green human. For me i get to play a human all the time every day, when i play an RPG it is about not being human its about wanting to see things from the perspective of another race.

So No i can't agree with your statement is the game good? so far i'm enjoying it and yes the story is good BUT i can tell you this... at no point has it effected the game for me to NOT be human if anything i have enjoyed it better with the idea i am an out lander...

So yea i do think having a couple more non-human races in the game would BENEFIT it because less choice is never good. I will ALWAYS just mod it in because i play the game the way i want, end of story...
It would be preferable to have an opinion, however, based on something actual and not merely on how you see it.

Namely:

«Honestly i'd rather play my character... look the way i want, play the way i want... i mean that was always the best part of Skyrim» - but Enderal is not Skyrim nor does it try to be.

«and any RPG really.» - you do not seem to be familiar with the JRPG genre for instance, which is fine, but that invalidates this statement, I'm sorry to say. JRPG's do not give you character customization choices, in general, but they throw you as a set character and into a defined story. Of course you may not like these games, but they are RPG's anyway.

«One of my greatest issues with Mass Effect was wanting to be a Krogran and to this day... it is probably the #1 flaw i had with that series... » - I don't think it can be really considered a flaw, but more something that you, personally, would prefer. A flaw would affect all players, one way or another.

«When it comes to a story with a DEFINED character like say the Witcher this is ok to not give that option because, you are playing Geralt's story. » - In that respect, Enderal is no different than Witcher, because you are playing the Prophet's story. The prophet has a defined Destiny. The fact that you can somewhat customize the Prophet, does not change anything about the way that story (or destiny) unfolds and plays out. Therefore, the character is indeed as defined as Geralt is.

«But in an RPG where you get to make your character, and decide there class and actions you can't really use the " play the story " argument because from the very moment you start you are given the option to customize that character.» - I'm afraid I really can use that argument because you are not defining what you character will be; he/she will be the Prophet/Prophetess. You are actually choosing how the Prophet/Prophetess looks like, comes from and is named, and that's the amount of choices you are able to make. One can imagine whatever backstory one wants, but then you are faced with the dreams about the character's family and you get told what the backstory is again, defining it. This is that kind of RPG, the Witcher kind, in your definition.

«So giving the player MORE options is always best... they took the diversity of skyrim and hit it with a sledge hammer...» - I wouldn't put as dramatically as that, but it is true that they did not set out to make a new Skyrim. They got together to produce a story-driven game, instead of a imagine-yourself character-driven game. It is just the genre of it, which you may dislike and opt to not play because of that. Other people, however, do enjoy it immensely, myself included.

«Yes it is a criticism for the game, same criticism i gave to Mass Effect, the same one i harm on in the old republic... you might enjoy playing a human... but not everyone does and not everyone wants to be a red blue or green human.» - You have your right to criticize, of course, but I think you didn't yet realize that the story that is defined for the Prophet role is specific for a human. Now, if they made a spin-off with a different story and setting, Vatyrs and the like might be applicable as playing characters. The game production adapted to the story (it's that genre of game), it wasn't the story that adapted to the game production (Skyrim genre). You might just be wanting to play a type of game you do not enjoy. I'm certain you'd dislike Persona 3 or 4, for instance.

«So No i can't agree with your statement is the game good? so far i'm enjoying it and yes the story is good BUT i can tell you this... at no point has it effected the game for me to NOT be human if anything i have enjoyed it better with the idea i am an out lander...» - You are an outlander already, that's what the ship at sea intro is all about, but if you let the story play out and actually progress in it, you'll understand that a Vatyr (example) is not really a valid option for the Prophet. Unless you want to skew the story in front of you and pretend it doesn't happen that way. In that case, however, you are not playing what Enderal is, but what you imagine or want it to be.

«So yea i do think having a couple more non-human races in the game would BENEFIT it because less choice is never good. I will ALWAYS just mod it in because i play the game the way i want, end of story...» - Given what I explained in the previous point, if you let the story unfold, you'll realize that it does not match a non-human Prophet. In that sense, it is not always good to have more options, if they do not fit the story. That would the same as having within menu choices for a meal, not only actual food dishes, but also cosmetic materials that are inedible and therefore not adequate for the end purpose: which is the meal. You can argue that the meal presentation, the setting of the restaurant, etc, can be prettier, or better done, but that fact remains that when it comes to having the meal, one can only eat edible food.

In summary: It just might be the case that you are playing a type of game that you do not like, which is fine. If that (not being able to choose a non-human) is enough to put you off from it, it is fine. I am certain a lot of people did not like Enderal, or Skyrim, or Witcher or Mass Effect. It just doesn't seem appropriate to point out what the game was never supposed to be, instead of criticizing (positively or negatively) what the game actually is.

:wink:
Buccaneer
Paladin
Paladin

Ragnarok, very well said and presented. :thumbsup:
Krytern
Bettler
Bettler

I registered just to say this: Refusing to play an entire game because you can only play as a human race has to be the most ridiculous reason I have ever heard to not play a game. I am not joking or being sarcastic. It also makes no sense at all for Mass Effect's story to play as a Krogan. No sense at all. I am not sure if you understood the story or not but there is more to stories then "You play as a definite character in Witcher as Geralt and you don't in Mass effect". The original Mass Effect story was about the first human Spectre and the human's trouble of trying to get influence in the galaxy as they are new to it. Not a very good game to point to criticise the lack of non-human playable characters.
Buccaneer
Paladin
Paladin

21.09.2017 11:11Krytern hat geschrieben:
I registered just to say this: Refusing to play an entire game because you can only play as a human race has to be the most ridiculous reason I have ever heard to not play a game. I am not joking or being sarcastic. It also makes no sense at all for Mass Effect's story to play as a Krogan. No sense at all. I am not sure if you understood the story or not but there is more to stories then "You play as a definite character in Witcher as Geralt and you don't in Mass effect". The original Mass Effect story was about the first human Spectre and the human's trouble of trying to get influence in the galaxy as they are new to it. Not a very good game to point to criticise the lack of non-human playable characters.
I figured the OP had to be a troll or something.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

22.09.2017 00:05Buccaneer hat geschrieben:
21.09.2017 11:11Krytern hat geschrieben:
I figured the OP had to be a troll or something.
not necessarily -
you don't choose the things you're pissed off by that annoy you.

a very close to nonexistent character creation (more of a character selection) has put me off before.
there was one character I could arrange myself with,
otherwise I probably wouldn't have played at all (wouldn't have been much of a loss, absolutely not a comparable case)

is it a silly reason to not play any game?
sure.
but yeah, happens ;)
10 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1