[Spoilers] What would you like to see in the upcoming DLC?

Moderator: Moderatoren

15 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
Deleted User 23162

For me I would like to see the many plot holes that have yet to be explained. I would like to see more insights on what exactly all this story's purpose is? Skyrim gave us the purpose to stop a dragon god from devouring the souls of the world, stop a vampire menace, and defeat the first Dragonborn from ruining your rep with your Skyrim homies(lol), just my personal take on it, but yes a powerful antagonist from being a tool of destruction for a daedra. Deeper origins on how all this started? The first High Ones? The beacon's origins? Who was the psychotic sociopath that thought building a planetary nuclear weapon that its sole purpose is to turn you into a nice crisp piece of meat for the High Ones? English version of game when you see dying Jespar it says, 'Jespar reagiert nicht'. 0_o; Minor issue. It's an eye sore. Just needs to be changed to English but I am aware what it means regardless. :P

The DLC notes say the Veiled Woman would be revealed further, but how much are we really getting from the lore? In my honest opinion I find it incredibly annoying where games are given a speculative conjecture on what the player thinks is going to happen. I remember a particular game trilogy that did this and til this day I am still annoyed and traumatized by it. Mass Effect. Great concept. Deep characters. Wonky ending and never-ending theories that were not concluded by the developers. Bioware, I am still disappointed by this. -_-; The notes also say that a secret ending will be revealed. Please, PLEASE, do NOT be a Bioware. They said the same thing and all they give us was another DLC and an extended ending scene that was laughable in all angles. I put this disappointing game in my attic and never heard from it again. If possible, but I highly doubt it, can this secret ending have an option so that we continue playing our character? Honestly, what's the point of having all these nice mechanics, crafting, a bank (seriously, I loved this feature so bad. We as Skyrim players needed this as a mod but no one has yet to give us anything close to what Sureai has for a banking system. There was one but it was removed but honestly it wasn't all that great. This one is exceptional. Loved it.), housing system, and plenty to get lost in only to find out at the end you are not going to keep any of it because the apocalypse just rekt your stuff. Seriously? Why bother doing the main story-line then? Might as well ignore the plot and do side quests and pretend it doesn't exist.

Now don't get me wrong, I love this game. It is superb. From voice actors, design, concept, to downright amazing story that puts many AAA games to shame. I can only imagine how good you guys could do if you had your own game engine and a solid team. It takes a lot for me as a person to stick with an RPG. The only reason why I played this game all the way through was because of the writing alone. The rest was icing on the cake. Speaking of which why can't Calia make my character a cake? A meal of any kind? Skyrim wives made cooked meals. My player home has no waifu. No waifu no laifu. And where's my character's baby? Skyrim offered adoptable brats. I know the latter is asking for much but it was just a thought since having a family would be nice but I understand why it was not possible and why it would seem a bit wrong/creepy to do so. Finally, come on, whores and prostitutes but no hanky panky? At least a fade to black? Quirky dialogue? (lol) :P I was hoping for a cheeky Witcher feel in there. :D!

TLDR

Give us closure. A solid explanation of everything. No theories. Unless, of course, you like my attic. Don't worry you won't be alone. Commander Shepard will keep your bed warm at night. ;) I'm kidding. :P Thanks for all your hard work!
Twistappel
Bettler
Bettler

13.01.2017 21:00Darctalus hat geschrieben:
The DLC notes say the Veiled Woman would be revealed further, but how much are we really getting from the lore? In my honest opinion I find it incredibly annoying where games are given a speculative conjecture on what the player thinks is going to happen.
I'd love to see some more information on the Veiled Woman. There are a bunch of things about her actions that make no sense to me. For example, maybe I'm missing something but...
[+] Veiled Womans Intervention
I don't understand why she intervenes at the beginning of the story. If the Prophet was doomed to die and become Fleshless anyway, what difference did the manner of their death make? It is reiterated several times that there was nothing special about the Prophet prior to their death. So it seems unlikely that she needed that particular person to become the Prophet.

The Veiled Woman talks about probabilities a lot, but the only intervention that seems to make any difference to the outcome is when she heals the Prophet and helps them reach the portal after Arantheal leaves them to die. Everything else was a forgone conclusion.

And why does she care about her imagined "debt" to the Prophet? It doesn't matter whether they trust her, because all they do is follow the path laid out for them by the High Ones, until the very end.
I like to think that some of the "cutting room floor" material would have explained this. Otherwise, her actions seem incomprehensible and pointless.

And regarding the waifu and baby.
[+] What happens to them
Do they get to go live with you in space and/or escape the city? Or do they fry along with the rest of Ark/Enderal.

Because it was bad enough that I got to the end of the story and thought "Oh sh** damn. My house and my donkey".
Deleted User 23162

Especially the donkey.
Orlanth
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

[+] AFAIK
the Cleansing only wipes out humans, Whirlwind will be fine, so long as he can get out of his paddock or didn't get slaughtered by the Nehrimese. And the latter would have already happened.
raspudding
Gauner
Gauner

Actually I just wanna know why Lishari must die. :oops: But, well, who knows whether DLC would contain the truth of Lishari's death.
I loved her soooo much :oops:
LearningMore
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

[+] SPOILERS AHEAD
Yuslan Sharim killed Lishari Peghast because she figured out his true intentions. He was trying to sabotage the entire mission throughout the main quest (behind the scenes of course). It was explained at the end in the mind of the High One so the DLC doesn't need to address this.

On topic, I have tons of questions I'd like to see resolved in DLC. Some maybe just resolved with an answer from SureAI.

1.a) Who is the veiled woman?
1.b) Why is she helping us?
1.c) The Black Guardian tells us that he watched cycle upon cycle since before the Starling people ever existed and that this is the first time the veiled woman acted this way. Coupled with the fact that he believes she is emotionless does this mean she just acted by pure chance; kind of like running a simulation with a 1/1000 chance of victory over and over until it finally wins?
2. Are the starling people alive? It's heavily implied that they are not.

In Nehrim we had the Emissary of Fate come to kill your character after you killed the lightborn.

3.a) Does the Shadowgod & Lightborn mini cycle occur every High Born Cycle?
3.b) Does the Envoy of Fate die each cycle or was her death something which allowed events in Enderal to unfold differently from usual?
3.c) Arkt is a fellow Shadowgod in Nehrim having also killed his own envoy of fate, is he another of these High Born Cycle survivors?
3.d) Narazul Arantheal is said to be over 1000 years old. His father was human so his lifespan should be much shorter. How does that work out? Has he been an emissary puppet for that long?

The current list of known survivors for the cycle are:
(1) The Aged Man (Gajus) - Method Unknown
(2) Gajus' Wife - Method Unknown
(3) The Veiled Woman - Method Unknown
(4) The Starilings - Method: City in the sky, far enough away from the blast
(5) The Black Guardian - Method: Becoming a conscious machine

4. Are we going to learn more about surviving the cycle?
Trexalfa
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

27.03.2017 14:16raspudding hat geschrieben:
Actually I just wanna know why Lishari must die. :oops: But, well, who knows whether DLC would contain the truth of Lishari's death.
I loved her soooo much :oops:
Actually, the devs said there was going to be more Yuslan in this DLC. So more explanation around the circunstances behind Lishari's death may surface. Personally, I'm waiting for more Yuslan related quest material.
05.04.2017 03:04LearningMore hat geschrieben:
[+] SPOILERS AHEAD

In Nehrim we had the Emissary of Fate come to kill your character after you killed the lightborn.

3.a) Does the Shadowgod & Lightborn mini cycle occur every High Born Cycle?
3.b) Does the Envoy of Fate die each cycle or was her death something which allowed events in Enderal to unfold differently from usual?
3.c) Arkt is a fellow Shadowgod in Nehrim having also killed his own envoy of fate, is he another of these High Born Cycle survivors?
3.d) Narazul Arantheal is said to be over 1000 years old. His father was human so his lifespan should be much shorter. How does that work out? Has he been an emissary puppet for that long?

4. Are we going to learn more about surviving the cycle?
The Veiled Woman is, of course, every player's prime mystery that needs solving in the DLC.

As for what you said about Nehrim's plot... I see where you are coming from, and I seriously think the DLC should include little dialogue details that make Nehrim's main quest flow better with what happens in Enderal because, as of now, we can only connect them by making severe assumptions, including that information related to the Light/Dark (Lightborn/Shadow God) cycle is being omitted in Enderal (because, but that line of thought, the Pyrean Sunpriests should have been engaged in another cycle against a dark counterpart). Personally, I think the events of Nehrim happened that way in each Cycle, but that's just me. I'm also confused as to whether Sarantha was an envoy of fate, or Fate itself (cause she claims to be Fate itself, and it makes sense for her to be, but then the post game material goes out of its way to call her an envoy).

Arkt is a character I like very much, however, he's highly inconsistent :sick: I don't really mind that his character in Nehrim is disconnected as a whole from who he was in Arktwend, but his entire "Shadow God of my world" schtick is confusing as hell. I think Arkt wouldn't have survived a previous Cycle though.

As for Narathzul's age, I remember a post by the dev team on reddit that said this aspect is definately a retcon. The 1000 years figure doesn't hold validity in Enderal.
Koloses
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Just logged back in after lots of time to drop some of my thoughts :D
[+] SPOILER ATTENTION
Well I'd like to actually see a full win ending since if a player is perceptive enough, then he already knows what is going to happen (like just by looking at these dull stones near the old beacon), but can't prevent it in any way I say it would be great to make this cycle even more different by letting one of emissaries(the player) to actually make a bigger change by finding out what is happening just in time to prevent it, not when it's too late.
Buccaneer
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 41 Mal

What I would like to see is probably different than most. The OP mentioned plot holes but I guess those backstories don't interest me because they do not add to the gameplay experience by themselves. What to add, imo, would be more quests in more/new areas. I think hoping for new regions would be too much to expect but at least give us more to do (like the rumored questlines in the Undercity and the Guilds) - along those lines.

Also, I think back to the Night of the Raven "expansion" of Gothic 2. What that did was to keep the structure of the main quests intact but enhanced it by giving us new characters to interact with (in addition to a new land). This would mean new NPCs and questlines in Riverville, Ark and in other places in the world including along the paths. These would naturally be side quests but they could also add new or enhanced quests to main quests. For example, have more interactions and things to do with Lashiri before you know what. Or have you go deep into Frostcliff to get a main quest item that someone else behind the scene did.

When I, on my seceond play-through, ignored the main quests and instead went to the hundreds of places that it bypassed, I thought would it be amazing if some of these places were included into the main quests (as long as it didn't include the city of Thalgard :wink: ).
John Henry Eden
Gauner
Gauner

A bit late but well i gues if some one cares. ^^

You get the thing about the billions of worlds? Well Arktwend, Myar Aranth, Nehrim And Enderal. Are not in the same World but in diferent one. Nehrim had an other cycle with the emisary of faith and the Shadowgod. Who after the dead of the Shadowgod the emisary would reshape the world a new or at least the planet. Enderal has an other cycle as problem and some thing are diferent.
15 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2