Loss of all music after "The Lion's Den" quest ends 

Moderator: Moderatoren

6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
sc0527
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

I've looked through the posts but I didn't see a solution to this and I've tried many things and I can't seem to fix it so I'm not sure if it's a bug or something I did, but I would really love some help as I'm stuck at this part of the game.

This is my second playthrough of Enderal. In the first one I did encounter the blackscreen bug during the "The Lion's Den" quest that's been previously addressed and patched. This time I didn't get that popup message. Instead I have a totally different issue.

(Spoilers)
After being put to sleep and waking up in the "home sweet home" nightmare again, I initially got stuck when I went into the house. My character wouldn't trigger the animation to sit at the table and Daddy wouldn't continue speaking. What finally fixed it was reloading the Autosave from right before the scene triggers. However, after finishing this, speaking to Jespar, and then arriving in Duneville, I noticed that all music from the game had disappeared. I went back to the SunTemple, spoke to everyone with Jespar, talked to Calia, met with Lishari, traversed around Ark (including the Undercity), traveled via scroll to Fogville to complete a side quest, still silent. No combat music initiated either. The only music I did hear was from the various bards in the taverns.

I tried completing the next part of the main questline, up to the part after you speak the Archmagister and must wait a day. Multiple saves and reloads but still no music. I removed all mods, uninstalled and reinstalled Enderal, and tried restarting 2x from before The Lion's Den quest triggers. I started before you get on the train with Jespar and then tried starting after you exit it. Both times, music played but then disappeared after the quest ended and you awoke back with Jespar on the ship. I also noticed that music didn't trigger properly during my discussion with the High Ones and the following one between the Tealor and Corek (or however you spell his name). It was over written by Halfmoon Isle's theme song. That one just kept repeating.

I had SkyTweak installed this time around and a follower mod created for Enderal and I wasn't sure if that was an issue. Even after removing it and completely uninstalling and reinstalling Enderal and restarting the Lion's Den quest without it (and all the others), nothing changed. I tried removing everything but texture mods but that didn't fix it either.

I can attach a game save or any other information you need. If anyone could please help, I'd appreciate it. Thank you.
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

Long known issue with an unknown cause.
Load your savegame, open up the ingame console and type in the following:
Code: Alles auswählen
removemusic _00E_SilenceLongTransitionHighPriority
The music should start playing again.
Nathurisaz
Bettler
Bettler

Hello,

Scince I have the same bug I allowed myself to up this post. The code work indeed but scince, I have no combat music. The ambiance music work juste fine but I have no change of music when I fight or when I go into a cave or something like that.
I tried all the thing he did but there is no change.

Thank you very much
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

05.01.2019 18:36Nathurisaz hat geschrieben:
Hello,

Scince I have the same bug I allowed myself to up this post. The code work indeed but scince, I have no combat music. The ambiance music work juste fine but I have no change of music when I fight or when I go into a cave or something like that.
I tried all the thing he did but there is no change.

Thank you very much
exactly after this quest?
(the original post didn't mention specifically combat music, but all music)

otherwise it might be a feature - combat music doesn't initiate
if your opponents are of a significantly lower level than you are :)
Nathurisaz
Bettler
Bettler

After the second dream, all music stops juste like him, so i wrote the code mentionned and the musci came back, excepted thaht there no change of music when I'm in combat now, just the ambiant music
I also tried to play without armor, if it was beacause of the level but no change also

EDIT: It was in did this! Sorry for the trouble, i ran naked into a group of vatyrs and the music came :lol: thank you!
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

06.01.2019 12:13Nathurisaz hat geschrieben:
After the second dream, all music stops juste like him, so i wrote the code mentionned and the musci came back, excepted thaht there no change of music when I'm in combat now, just the ambiant music
I also tried to play without armor, if it was beacause of the level but no change also

EDIT: It was in did this! Sorry for the trouble, i ran naked into a group of vatyrs and the music came :lol: thank you!
ok, understood, thank you for the clarification
good to know it works now :thumbsup:

(the music has nothing to do with your equipment though,
it really only depends on your level :) )
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1