Enderal uninstall problem

Moderator: Moderatoren

12 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
lilliana2886
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

So i uninstalled enderal using the launcher. But when i open skyrim the menu is purple, and the font is in the enderal font. When i start the game, the loading screen isn't the default skyrim one, but has this frame like enderal with the skyrim loading screen inside cropped. When the game starts, all the characters are standing still, including my own character. The skill tree/level up thing is gone, its basically enderal. When i open maps, there are no markers or anything, just landscape. How on earth do i fix this problem?
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

Check if there are some Enderal files left. Delete them manually.
You could also verify the integrity of the game cache (steam library).
aniceoaktree
Bettler
Bettler

Hi, I'm having the same exact problem. I did the complete uninstall with the Enderal launcher, but it didn't seem to actually delete things. It would go back to actual Skyrim but still have the Enderal menus (at least I think, this was a few months ago.) After that didn't work I searched in my Skyrim folder and deleted every file with "Enderal" and deleted all the BSAs and the Enderal launcher and such. But despite deleting these files I'd have the purple load screen, no skill menu, etc.

I still want my old mods, so I saved a back up of my Skyrim folder. I can completely delete and reinstall to go back to vanilla Skyrim, but trying to re copy my Skyrim folder over, or reinstall vanilla Skyrim over my old Skyrim folder still gives me the purple screen/Enderal menus.

Is there some other files not named Enderal I should delete? I'd rather not reinstall all my mods one by one.
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

Try to remove the .ini's from documents\my games\skyrim\ and start Skyrim afterwards.
aniceoaktree
Bettler
Bettler

I've removed the inis and still get the same problems. Should I maybe redownload Enderal and try uninstalling it again? I swear I don't have and Enderal files left hence why the startup is purple instead of the Enderal backdrop and such, but it must have not uninstalled properly.
Hoxyd
SureAI
SureAI
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 228 Mal

I am pretty sure your ini files are the problem: ..\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Skyrim.ini

Check which entries are set here:
Code: Alles auswählen
sResourceArchiveList=
sResourceArchiveList2=
Skyrims default settings are:
Code: Alles auswählen
sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa
sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa
aniceoaktree
Bettler
Bettler

Thanks for trying to help, but that doesn't seem to be it. I deleted the skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini a couple times, and it resets when I open game. The bsas are all the right ones.
Bild

But for some reason the game still thinks it's halfway in Enderal world... Like besides what I mentioned, I can't craft, and the skill menu I can only reach by using the "/" key, but all the skill names are mixed up. Since I deleted all the Enderal bsas and everything named Enderal it's the Skyrim game world but I'm guessing there's still some scripty thing left over. Would redownloading Enderal and then removing it again help at all? Is there something I'm missing?
Hoxyd
SureAI
SureAI
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter

Then you could try, if it's not important: delete the folders ..\common\Skyrim\Data\Interface\ and ..\common\Skyrim\Data\Strings\ and the files: ..\common\Skyrim\Data\Skyrim.esm and ..\common\Skyrim\Data\Update.esm. Then let Stream redownload the missing files. This should set everything back to default.
aniceoaktree
Bettler
Bettler

This time something happened! My skill menu is back and the load screens are big again, but the start screen is still purple (which is fine, I can just get a replacer) and I still can't craft. So yeah, it's mostly fixed except for the smithing. I tried deleting things with "craft" in them from my /scripts but that didn't do anything.
Hoxyd
SureAI
SureAI
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter

Then just delete these folders too: ..\common\Skyrim\Data\textures\, ..\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\ and do the same thing, let Steam re-download the missing files.
12 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2