starting out

Moderator: Moderatoren

6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Corwyn77
Schurke
Schurke

Is there a guide for character creation somewhere? I'm mostly looking for info on different races. What are the mechanical differences?
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

I wouldn't worry too much about picking a race. There are differences but they would be minimal to you and won't matter in the long run. Just think what kind of character you want to play and train him accordingly as you progress in levels.
Corwyn77
Schurke
Schurke

Thanks; on a related note, is there a way to change appearance after character creation?
Newcago
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 5 Mal

Technically, yes. You can open up the console and type "showracemenu." I ended up editing a few things on my character once I got out into the sun, because the coloring suddenly looked terrible.

IMPORTANT: Don't change your race or your gender. I'm not 100% sure what happens, but I know other people were saying this causes all sorts of problems. To be safe, I would avoid changing your name either. (But it will make you type a name in every time you go to close the racemenu, so maybe it doesn't matter. I don't know.)

I guess it might be risking to use racemenu, so if you want to be completely safe don't use it. But coming from me and lots of other people on Reddit, you're fine as long as you don't touch race or gender.
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

Newcago hat geschrieben:
Technically, yes. You can open up the console and type "showracemenu." I ended up editing a few things on my character once I got out into the sun, because the coloring suddenly looked terrible.

IMPORTANT: Don't change your race or your gender. I'm not 100% sure what happens, but I know other people were saying this causes all sorts of problems. To be safe, I would avoid changing your name either. (But it will make you type a name in every time you go to close the racemenu, so maybe it doesn't matter. I don't know.)

I guess it might be risking to use racemenu, so if you want to be completely safe don't use it. But coming from me and lots of other people on Reddit, you're fine as long as you don't touch race or gender.
He could just make a save before and then compare stats. If they align, he's good
yatol
Krieger
Krieger
Danksagung erhalten: 3 Mal

Newcago hat geschrieben:
new race starting stats aren't the same, game do his additions and fail for some reason
you had 300 health 200 stamina 100 mana, you end up with 200 health 200 stamina 200 mana
new race have 5 more in one hand, you don't gain 5 in one hand, you end up with that sartings skills of the new race

problem was that, if an update or mod didn't took care of it since then
to avoid it you just setrace newrace (no showracemenu stats upgrade with that)

using racemenu or ece have nothing to do with that
Dateianhänge
20161022185648_1.jpg
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1