Unable to finish Deus Ex Machina

Moderator: Moderatoren

7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Namea
Bettler
Bettler

I'm having an odd bug. I've found all 3 machine parts and showed them to Callia in the quest Deus Ex Machina. The quest arrow leads back to Lishari in the previous room but when I interact with her she only says "Huh?".

I don't want to use console commands that skip to the end because I read that those will also skip the other quest (the one with Jespar) and I haven't done that one yet.
BigElectricCat
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 16 Mal

Tilliboy or other team members might request you attach a zip with 2 files in it. Your ess save, and the one with SKSE extension.

default path: Documents > My Games > Skyrim > saves

Following may or not 'jog' the dialogue & get ball rolling again.

@Console
----
Savegame "a_MQ07bTestFix" (or whatever you can remember)
PRID 32E20
Moveto Player
---
Should move Lishari to you, but all that might do is put her at your location & she'll start walking back to idle marker. (Where she might have a wait package) Attempt dialog at your location or follow her (where dialogue may or may not work....)

Hope that helps!
Namea
Bettler
Bettler

Thanks, I set up a save for them.
Moving her to my location unfortunately doesn't do anything either. She just keeps saying 'huh" over and over when I select her. The wiki says she's supposed to look over the 3 parts but nothing happens. Callia just sorta walks off too so I don't know if she's supposed to be the one who initiates the conversation.
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

Thanks BigElectricCat!

Yes a savegame would be very usefull :)
If possible one savegame where you still are at the machine and one savegame where you have already tried to talk to Lishari.
yatol
Krieger
Krieger
Danksagung erhalten: 3 Mal

you probably left before she was done talking, or it's a stack dump, or that

i got stuck between rocks when i fall for the bandit boss trap, while i was running to him (the one that get destroyed by dark calia)
didn't remember the tcl command, had just load an earlier save
and when i fall again for that trap, that was a ctd (probably because the game tried to do stuff on a calia that wasn't bring there this time)

game don't empty the ram when you load a save
the stuff that is still in the ram, will be load in the state it is in the ram
the saves that can't be load from main menu, can be load after coc qasmoke because of that (it would be better if those mods stuff had lower priority than the skyrim stuff they need to work)

whatever it is, instead of wasting your time finding how to pass the broken stuff with console, restart from an earlier save
looking for console commands to pass the broken stuff, to find out later other stuff got broken... it's faster and safer to just redo the quest, without breaking it
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

yatol hat geschrieben:
whatever it is, instead of wasting your time finding how to pass the broken stuff with console, restart from an earlier save
looking for console commands to pass the broken stuff, to find out later other stuff got broken... it's faster and safer to just redo the quest, without breaking it
Wow, yatol. You are a talker.
That does not help us finding bugs. Nor it's about the console commands. We want test if they are reproducible by loading up different saves and testing what could have triggered the bug.

You are right about the problem that the game does not clear the RAM but the rest of your text does not help finding the cause of the problem.
yatol
Krieger
Krieger
Danksagung erhalten: 3 Mal

Tilliboy hat geschrieben:
That does not help us finding bugs. Nor it's about the console commands. We want test if they are reproducible by loading up different saves and testing what could have triggered the bug.
there are tools to find problems

when i got stuck at the riverville mayor quest, after enabling the papyrus log... well... had to clean it to be able to find stuff in it
problem is the dialogs, don't have the german esm to compare, have just finish the quest with console commands

tesedit check for errors, most are civil war packages and 3 missing quests from original skyrim esm (to make the 700 mining ore activators shut up)
the dialogs that have the same id as landscapes, some quests alias that are wrong... it's those that can be problems

have load the crap kit since then, had to generate head with dizona specular setting (why don't they keep skyrim settings?)
had to mess with some mods textures to generate tintmasks with them, that thing want uncompressed textures...
while i was failing, i took a look at editor warning txt... 20 000 lines (most don't look like real problems but there can be some in it)
still have it if you want a huge list of errors

you won't be able to do much with save when you will no longer be able to load them without the missing esp (loading mines with just skyrim and update that's a ctd)

it's after installing enderal i saw that foot ik crash (don't have crashesfixes dll in skyrim profile, those saves can be load fine without that mod)

many use racemenu, and when you get the perk to decapitate, you create ctd zone thanks to nioverride dll that fail to load corpse without head

here's one you may reproduce
when i got the child desert town, running to the city after the guard opened the door was a ctd, and another one, and while i was wondering how to find the problem, he start talking again after closing the door
those ctd were probably because i didn't stayed near him for that (or for something that is made once he is done talking)

i gave other heads to bandits, mage, maraudeurs...
had a few ctd thanks to that (conflict between npc from save and head nif)
Dateianhänge
EditorWarnings.txt
(1.58 MiB) 150-mal heruntergeladen
7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1