Interesting discovery in the Star City

Moderator: Moderatoren

8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
MyLongestJourney
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

So I went East instead of West while looking for a side entrance in the Star City and I found this in the courtyard:

Bild

Remains of a Fleshless Lost One!Then I found another one inside the Nexus Tower!

What does it mean I wonder.Lost Ones are according to the religious teachings in Enderal,those who died having no path.Thus they can not enter the Paradise and turn into undead.So if this is true,then Starlings can become Lost Ones too?This is the most logical explanation I can find unless some Lost Ones from Vyn discovered a Starling pod and decided to go exploring.
Glycerin
Arkanmagier
Arkanmagier
Danksagung erhalten: 53 Mal

I can see why the name looks suspicious, but you can find quite a lot enemies of this type in Enderal. For example there is a whole bunch of them at the shipwreck north of Three River Watch in the starting area. I guess in this case fleshless just means literally having no flesh -> skeletons. If there weren't so many of them, the name could have a deeper meaning, but it seems this time it is as simple as that.
MyLongestJourney
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

I know that you can find a lot of them on Vyn.I just did not expect to find them in StarCity.What are they doing there?
ninjamelody
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

It would make sense if they were just dead human skeletons, instead of lost ones whose number has risen up due to the red madness.
Glycerin
Arkanmagier
Arkanmagier
Danksagung erhalten: 53 Mal

MyLongestJourney hat geschrieben:
I know that you can find a lot of them on Vyn.I just did not expect to find them in StarCity.What are they doing there?
I find it odd that they call skeletons "fleshless", which is also used to describe the main character, so I thought you were referring to that part of their name.
I still don't think there is a hidden meaning behind your find. They probably just needed a skeleton for decoration and those things are apparently all called Fleshless Lost Ones, at least I haven't seen one simply labeled as skeleton. I hope the one you found was at least starling/dwarf sized, or its presence would indeed be a bit hard to explain.
Casper
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

didn't i bring this up in another thread? well, anyway... this either means that A.) the starcity isn't actually immune to the red madness. B.) somehow fleshless lost ones made it to the starcity. or finally C.) once upon a time the starcity was immune, however something changed and it is no longer, though the cleansing still can't reach it (perhaps someone made a pilgrimage to the ground and recovered a black stone for some insane reason, which caused the madness to spread through the population, causing them to flee?)

C.) actually explains why the starcity was abandoned. though i guess B.) does too.

---edit
this also notes my opinion that lostones aren't lost souls cursed by the gods for being "layabouts", but bodies reanimated by something. something that i also think is behind the redmadness.

(usually i'm better at writing stuff out, i've been under the weather.)
MyLongestJourney
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

Casper hat geschrieben:
didn't i bring this up in another thread?
If you did,i totally missed it.

Now a small note.Fleshless ones are not the result of the madness or the cycle.They are just reanimated Skeletons,fueled by restless souls.The Order claims that a soul becomes restless if the owner was pathless.So he/she can not enter Malfas's Paradise for the Pat-abiding and gets trapped in Vyn.The Order is lying of course as Malfas was a mere mortal and the promised Paradise was false.But the fact remains that in Vyn,some souls do not go wherever they are supposed to go when a person dies and get rapped in the body resulting in a reanimated corpse.
Casper
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

MyLongestJourney hat geschrieben:
Casper hat geschrieben:
didn't i bring this up in another thread?
If you did,i totally missed it.

Now a small note. Fleshless ones are not the result of the madness or the cycle.They are just reanimated Skeletons,fueled by restless souls.The Order claims that a soul becomes restless if the owner was pathless.So he/she can not enter Malfas's Paradise for the Pat-abiding and gets trapped in Vyn.The Order is lying of course as Malfas was a mere mortal and the promised Paradise was false.But the fact remains that in Vyn,some souls do not go wherever they are supposed to go when a person dies and get rapped in the body resulting in a reanimated corpse.
unless i've misread something somewhere... reanimated skeletons were a rare thing until fairly recently (it might be that there was a steady buildup to this point over time, and not a rapid flood of instances, alas, i don't recall. but that doesn't disprove my argument... might even strengthen it), now if these two events aren't tied together, the increasing number of lost ones and the red madness... well i find the timing too convenient. now it is possible that there are two different causes, however... two far reaching "events" that seem to have corresponding upticks, with completely different causes seems to be the less likely possibility.

though i think i've posted this elsewhere too. or i could be mistaken... as my mind is fairly muddled atm.
8 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1