Similar experiences to Enderal? Any recomendations?

Moderator: Moderatoren

11 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
Braescher
Schurke
Schurke
Danksagung erhalten: 5 Mal

I need help. I want more experiences like Enderal. But my heart is not ready for a second playtrough yet. I would like at least something "similar" to Enderal's features. I am hoping you guys can help me find a game to play now that I finished the mod. I have very specific tastes when it comes to RPGs and I cannot think of more games that would satisfy my urge for immersive RPGs. Here's what I am looking for (and Enderal has most of these features):

-I preffer party based RPGs, but I will settle for lone wanderer protagonist with one or two companions
-Immersive and believable world. Open world or not
-A solid storyline that keeps you interested as the plot unfolds.
-Visceral action combat
-Character Customization
-Believable romance subplot with no or few sexual orientantion restrictions
-I preffer voiced protagonists but have no problems with silent ones
-Multiple paths/choices/endings
-It does not need to be next gen graphics, but I think my eyes cannot stand anything less than Fallout 3 nowadays (this helps me keep immersed)
-Mass Effect is my favorite RPG, but it is the only science fiction that kept me interested. Also, I am not a fan of space fantasy like Star Wars.
-A modicum of leveling or some progression system that impacts the combat gameplay
-Good soundtrack
-Don't spoil me but I would love to play a game with a true happy ending for a change

Bioware games are the ones that come closer to this features in my opinion. Games I already finished so you can narrow down recomendations: Mass Effect Series, Dragon Age Series, Elder Scrolls from III to V and Online, Fallout 3, NV and 4, Witcher Series, Deus Ex Series, Kingdoms Of Amalur, Fable Series, Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines, Millions of Hours in several Mount & Blade mods. Ah and, I have recently got free copies of Jade Empire on Origin and Consortium on Steam, but the mixed reviews kept me away from it, I have not decided if I should download and play these two. Someone recomended Dark Souls to me once, but I am afraid of that game because I will never git gud at it and its storyline sounds kinda too much eh, "symbolic" to me.
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

Jade Empire is pretty nice! I played it when I was in my early teens, so I don't know how much I would like it if I re-experienced it at this age, but still, it had an amazing setting and a good story. Pillars of Eternity is great. The combat isn't exactly "action combat", but very deep. Of course, it's top-down, but it looks very atmospheric. Finally, one of my favorite RPGs is "Shadowrun: Dragonfall". The graphics look very low budget, and it has it's flaws, but I found the storyline extremely engaging and the characters super-believable. But you'd have to be into Cyberpunk to enjoy it. I think there's romance, too. Finally, Gothic is a very good RPG. The graphics are outdated (very) and there's no romance, but it's a very unique experience.
Braescher
Schurke
Schurke

I'll try Jade Empire next. Pillars of Eternity had quite nice reviews and I admit I have some curiosity about it. It seems very "old school" style. Shadowrun seems nice, cyberpunk is not my favorite style but if the story is good as Deus Ex I might be able to get immersed on the story instead of the world. I think I might have played Gothic in a friend's house many many years ago, I'll try to see some youtube videos to see if the graphics and gameplay aged well. Thanks!
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

It's hard to meet everything you want in any game, but if you enjoyed Enderal, it seems the 2 obvious choices are SureAI's complete game mods of Oblivion & Morrowind: Nehrim and Artkwend, both very enjoyable and challenging. Both are available with English subtitles. In both you are a single player that sometimes gets an NPC to accompany you; in fact, in Arktwend you can have a sidekick for a long time if you play it right.
Braescher
Schurke
Schurke

Yeah, no game ever met all the things that I am looking for. Most of my favorite games come close to it. And actually most of the things on that list I did not knew I wanted before I met a game that made that feature right. Like I never cared for Romance subplots untill I completed Mass Effect. It is an expanding list of preferences.

I am not so sure I can stand Morrowind engine today. Specially the combat system and their hit/miss approach. I might try the Oblivion version but I need to buy Oblivion first. I have played once a long time ago with a friend but never had a copy.
mindw0rk
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

Risen series
Braescher
Schurke
Schurke

I've read some bad reviews on Risen. But the combat looks cool on the trailers.
mindw0rk
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

You can read bad review on any game. Risen is as close to Sure Ai games as it gets
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

Braescher hat geschrieben:
Yeah, no game ever met all the things that I am looking for. Most of my favorite games come close to it. And actually most of the things on that list I did not knew I wanted before I met a game that made that feature right. Like I never cared for Romance subplots untill I completed Mass Effect. It is an expanding list of preferences.

I am not so sure I can stand Morrowind engine today. Specially the combat system and their hit/miss approach. I might try the Oblivion version but I need to buy Oblivion first. I have played once a long time ago with a friend but never had a copy.
Definitely try Nehrim it's on par or maybe even a bit better than Enderal.
Braescher
Schurke
Schurke

mindw0rk hat geschrieben:
You can read bad review on any game. Risen is as close to Sure Ai games as it gets
Hazzmat hat geschrieben:
Definitely try Nehrim it's on par or maybe even a bit better than Enderal.
Ok, guess I'll keep my eye on steam sales for Risen and Oblivion.
11 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2