Romancing Jespar, Every Day like the Last Part 5

Moderator: Moderatoren

15 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
Jewelie
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

I'm having problems romancing Jespar on the airship and I've used the console command Set JesparFlirtCounter to 10 with no avail. I'm 40 hours in and extremely frustrated as I was really looking forward to romancing him. Any advice? I have no other option on the airship but to reaffirm that we're friends.
Cassiopeia
Gauner
Gauner
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Which you can romance is determined earlier than that.
[+]
After the first invasion, when Jespar wakes you up in the temple quarters, he asks how you feel about Calia. If you say she's just a friend, you have the romantic option with Jespar on the airship. If you say you're not sure how you feel about her, you have the romantic option with Calia.
Jewelie
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Hi, unfortunately I did mean that I have been aiming to romance him my entire playthrough, trying to get the best responses and flirt, etc. I must've made a wrong choice along the way so I don't want to restart the entire game to begin a relationship with Jespar on the airship. I've tried the aforementioned console command, but it didn't work. I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions to try and fix the romance, since I am only offered dialogue to be friends on the airship. Sorry for the miscommunication!
Jewelie
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Cassiopeia hat geschrieben:
Which you can romance is determined earlier than that.
[+]
After the first invasion, when Jespar wakes you up in the temple quarters, he asks how you feel about Calia. If you say she's just a friend, you have the romantic option with Jespar on the airship. If you say you're not sure how you feel about her, you have the romantic option with Calia.
Oh sorry I just read your spoiler! When you say first invasion, which quest is that? I am fully determined to go back and replay to get the romance right. I believe I did say that Calia and I are just friends when I was given that dialogue. :?: I'm not sure what else could be wrong.
Cassiopeia
Gauner
Gauner

I don't remember the quest name, but
[+]
it's after you've turned in the 3rd Black Stone, you help Arentheal (sp?) secure the gates, then the quest marker directs you to sleep in the temple, you have a dream with your father, and Jespar wakes you up and you talk.
I've romanced both, and as far as I can tell that's when it's determined. If you've been picking the right dialog options and getting the "Jespar likes/appreciates that" messages, and you told him Calia's just a friend, I'm not sure why it wouldn't trigger correctly. However, I think it's safe to say that using set JesparFlirtCounter by the time you're already on the airship won't make a difference: if you think the counter wasn't high enough, it probably needed to be set earlier, possibly by the temple quarters conversation but I'm not sure.
MHindman
Bettler
Bettler

I had been working toward the romance with Jespar through the game and when I was awoken after resting it was by Calia asking me how I felt about Jespar, not the other way around. My thought is, whomever you have the lower amount of appreciation points with is the one to wake you and this is your last chance to open the option of a romance with them.
It's not a solution to your problem, but hopefully it will help you figure things out. I hope you can make it work!
Jewelie
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I'll try your suggestion about the Temple quarters. I'm hoping I won't have to redo too much. With being back to school full time and also working, it'll be tough to find the time to play Enderal how I'd like to. Thank you so much for both of your advice. I know Calia woke me in the Temple to ask me about Jespar and I only had two options: 1) He's just a friend, or 2), I'm not sure yet. I selected 2. Maybe that made a difference!
MHindman
Bettler
Bettler

The second option about not being sure yet in response to Calia leaves the romance with Jespar open. That's what I chose and it worked for me, so that's not your problem.
Just wondering, did you save before having the talk with Jespar on the airship so that you could go all the way through each dialogue option?
Also, I was disheartened at first in that conversation because it does start with rejection/we're just friends no matter what. The only way you can get to the romance option, if it's available, is if you push through that part of the conversation and eventually say you could give a "no lables" relationship a chance by the end of it.
[+]
Jespar says something like I'm glad for our friendship and you're given the option to say "Me too." or "Why isn't it." (Which doesn't make sense in response to whet he said, but whatever). If you choose the "Why isn't it?" option that's what leads into a verbal rampage from Jespar about not liking commitment, but overall a chance at commitment with Jespar. Eventually, you'll get to Jespar saying if we're going to do this thing let's not put labels on it and you have to respond with something like, "So you don't want obligations or commitment?" and he'll rely, then it gives you an option to say let's give this a chance.
Hopefully this helps get you or anyone reading get where you want to be in the game. Best of luck.
Jewelie
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

MHindman hat geschrieben:
The second option about not being sure yet in response to Calia leaves the romance with Jespar open. That's what I chose and it worked for me, so that's not your problem.
Just wondering, did you save before having the talk with Jespar on the airship so that you could go all the way through each dialogue option?
Also, I was disheartened at first in that conversation because it does start with rejection/we're just friends no matter what. The only way you can get to the romance option, if it's available, is if you push through that part of the conversation and eventually say you could give a "no lables" relationship a chance by the end of it.
[+]
Jespar says something like I'm glad for our friendship and you're given the option to say "Me too." or "Why isn't it." (Which doesn't make sense in response to whet he said, but whatever). If you choose the "Why isn't it?" option that's what leads into a verbal rampage from Jespar about not liking commitment, but overall a chance at commitment with Jespar. Eventually, you'll get to Jespar saying if we're going to do this thing let's not put labels on it and you have to respond with something like, "So you don't want obligations or commitment?" and he'll rely, then it gives you an option to say let's give this a chance.
Hopefully this helps get you or anyone reading get where you want to be in the game. Best of luck.
Hi, luckily I had a save from just before the airship took off, and one just before my conversation with Jespar on the outer area of the ship. I tried both (with the console command), and there was no difference in dialogue. What you said in your spoiler wasn't given to me as an option unfortunately, I only had the "me too/the feeling is mutual" option. I tried 'pushing through' but I had the same conversation/same options came up every time so that didn't work. It's so weird, even with the console command I have no romance options so there had to have been a point where I shut it down by accident. It would be so much easier to find out where if there were romance guides out there, since this mod/game is so new and intricate. I don't really have the time to redo all the quests to find out where I went wrong... If the simple fix/console command won't work, it would be great to know which decision would've shut down the romance for me. Thank you for your reply, I appreciate everyone's help. It's embarrassing just how much this inconvenience has upset me :roll:

EDIT: I still haven't tried Cass' suggestion due to lack of time, but I have hopes that that may be my fix.
Cassiopeia
Gauner
Gauner

Just to check, who does it direct you to talk to first? I'm not sure if this is the case for everyone, but in my experience the one you have the romance option with is always the second one it directs you to talk to, and you never get the option to romance the first person (presumably because the game wants to allow you to talk to both, and the romance option goes overnight).

At least for me, for the first person I talk to (determined by which quest pops up first), the only final dialog option is to affirm the friendship. Based on my experience which triggers first was determined in that temple conversation (I've never been woken by Calia, thanks for telling me about that!).

I know you weren't hoping for Calia on this playthrough, but have you checked to see if the romance option comes up with her? Personally I think both are really well-written and compelling, so if you were planning on seeing all the content anyway, it might save you some time to finish this game with Calia and romance Jespar on your next playthrough.
15 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2