English Version delayed!!

Moderator: Moderatoren

76 Beiträge Seite 1 von 8
sphanlon
Krieger
Krieger
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Announced on Sureai twitter and facebook.

Crap, what happened?! Problem or just being meticulous? Two weeks is a moderately-sized window as well. Will you update us when you have a better idea on the date or will you just drop it suddenly?
Fjodik
Bettler
Bettler
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

The reasons are explained below, quote from reddit:

"To give a little idea of what's currently slowing down the English translation (I personally am not working on it; my job is fixing quest bugs): There are some dialogue lines whose duration is longer in English than it is in German. (While text usually becomes shorter when translated into English, things like this can happen when the English voice actor speaks more slowly or makes pauses.) Most of the time, this doesn't break things (Skyrim's dialogue system and scenes wait for the lines to end), but sometimes we handle dialogue manually (using the "Say" and "Utility.Wait" script functions), and then we end up with cut-off dialogue or, worse, CTDs because of interleaving "Say"s. So everything needs to be tested and some lines retaken :( Besides, as someone else said, some things are waiting for the translation (bards' songs, IIRC). Sorry for the wait, but there isn't much we can currently do about it. No, there are no hard blockers that would take months to be resolved."
Bastion of Reason
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Darn! Hey thanks for telling us though :)
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

this can happen when the English voice actor speaks more slowly
This is very interesting! I do not speak German and know only a few dozen words, but I have been playing the German version, and as an NPC speaks, I try to read the dialog along with listening to the speaking to match my eyes and ears. I felt the German speakers were speaking at a normal conversational pace; that is to say, somewhat rapidly, at least for me to follow along the text. However, in most RPGs I have played (in English), it always seems to me that the voice actors speak too slowly, sometimes painstakingly slowly, compared to a normal conversational speed. I used to think it was just being overly dramatic, but I now realize there could be another reason.

However, this all makes sense! I would guess that the vast majority of people listening to the German voice acting are native speakers and have no trouble following along with the dialogs spoken at a normal speaking pace. However, many of the people from around the world who will be playing the English version are not native speakers of English, so for them, hearing the dialog at a slower pace makes it easier to understand and follow along (and to match the eyes and ears - dialog & text). Or maybe I am overanalyzing!
DirtyD
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

What a surprise.
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

Wish they would have just released the subbed version
Xagul
Schattengott
Schattengott
Danksagung erhalten: 67 Mal

Hazzmat hat geschrieben:
Clever guy, huh? Who do you think should have worked on that when every person available is working on the release and bugfixing? Creating a subbed version would have been a waste of time prior to the release of the EV.
FanFanStef
Gauner
Gauner

Knowing German would improve my earnings a lot, yet I am 35 and never bothered to learn it. Now it seems I was awfully wrong :sick:
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

Xagul hat geschrieben:
Hazzmat hat geschrieben:
Clever guy, huh? Who do you think should have worked on that when every person available is working on the release and bugfixing? Creating a subbed version would have been a waste of time prior to the release of the EV.
How exactly would it be a waste of time? It wasn't a waste of time for Nehrim people weren't bothered by it.
Xagul
Schattengott
Schattengott
Danksagung erhalten: 67 Mal

Hazzmat hat geschrieben:
Xagul hat geschrieben:
Hazzmat hat geschrieben:
How exactly would it be a waste of time? It wasn't a waste of time for Nehrim people weren't bothered by it.
It would by delaying the release of the EV even more. As it's not just copy'n'paste-work to create a subbed version, someone has to deal with it. And doing this prior to the release is maybe not wasted but not properly invested time. Having a subbed version just for being able to play the game ain't a valid criteria to me. Maybe for you it's sufficient but they put a lot of effort in a complete voiceover which in the end gives credit to the English speaking part of the world and this should be acknowledged.
However, a subbed version is not limited to SureAI. If my memory serves me right there is a Japanese Nehrim version which was done by players. So feel free to do the same.
76 Beiträge Seite 1 von 8