Skyrim Special Edition and Enderal

Moderator: Moderatoren

20 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2
Simon derKiller
Lichtgeborener
Lichtgeborener
Danksagung erhalten: 112 Mal

The Main focus are not the HD Edition but the Modmanager for the Consoles. So they are able to play Skyrim Mods on the PS4 and XBOX ONE. :)
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 20 Mal

Looks like the Remaster will support all existing mods from day 1, I mean every mod will work without problems, no need for porting that's what Bethesda said.

Of course that's bullshit, because lighting mods, climates and enbs of course will need to be adjusted. I'm afraid also mods that revamp cities and villages will need to be adjusted: for example jk's riverwood will need to be adjusted, because the new remaster will add new clutter aroud the cell (mashrooms, grass, trees etc), so I don't think it will work on day 1 without a need to patch it.

So.. Mine is just a speculation, but I think Enderal "conversion" to the Remastered version of Skyrim may actually be way easier then we might expect, at least that's my hope: scripts should work fine, same for meshes and textures, programming stuff and animations. Most likely "only" the graphic will need to be adjusted to use the directx 11 and all the new lighting features.

Of course that's all speculation, the only way to be actually be sure of something is to wait for the release in november and hoping there will be still some of the SureAi guys around willing to do the job.

It will be a long wait.. Good job guys :)
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

Nicolas Samuel hat geschrieben:
I'm pretty confident you can expect the fully voiced English version a lot sooner than fall. We're already 70% through (and all the recordings are done, it's all about cutting and playtesting now.) ;)
I have gotten the impression that the SureAI team is slowly melting away, and those who are left will have their hands full, once Enderal is released, with patch(es) to fix bugs, without worrying about the Special Edition. After 5 years of hard work on Enderal (plus the years spent on its predecessors) [and great thanks for Arktwend & Nehrim as well as Enderal] I don't think they have another year left in their tank.
Well, I wouldn't say we're "melting away", but yeah, you're right, right now we're pretty much all running on reserve battery. As much as we love our project, and as excited we are for the release, it's just so much to handle for such a small team. :)
Please I just don't want to be disappointed but I really need to ask this I have to know it: Will the PURELY TEXT(NOT VOICE) translated version of Enderal be released alongside the German one?
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

Sancez hat geschrieben:
Looks like the Remaster will support all existing mods from day 1, I mean every mod will work without problems, no need for porting that's what Bethesda said.

Of course that's bullshit, because lighting mods, climates and enbs of course will need to be adjusted. I'm afraid also mods that revamp cities and villages will need to be adjusted: for example jk's riverwood will need to be adjusted, because the new remaster will add new clutter aroud the cell (mashrooms, grass, trees etc), so I don't think it will work on day 1 without a need to patch it.

So.. Mine is just a speculation, but I think Enderal "conversion" to the Remastered version of Skyrim may actually be way easier then we might expect, at least that's my hope: scripts should work fine, same for meshes and textures, programming stuff and animations. Most likely "only" the graphic will need to be adjusted to use the directx 11 and all the new lighting features.

Of course that's all speculation, the only way to be actually be sure of something is to wait for the release in november and hoping there will be still some of the SureAi guys around willing to do the job.

It will be a long wait.. Good job guys :)

I can only laugh at that "Basically, yes" statement from Pete Hines. Skyrim SE will be a x64 program. This means it will BREAK the SKSE as that is made for 32bit.

So Day 1 around 50% of all mods will become useless until there is a new version for 64bit. Then all modder will have to check if their mods still work with the new SKSE version or if they have to update anything in their code.

Problem is that some of these modders aren't even active or have no interest in Skyrim modding anymore.

And SKSE is just one third party tool - there are others which may or may not work with the new edition.

At that point we have not even dabbled in the mods themselves - depending on the mod there can be other circumstances with further complicate a port.

In Enderal's case these would the engine hacks - currently nobody knows whether or not these hacks still work in the SE; if not there is no chance to even attempt a port as SureAI doesn't have any members anymore with sufficient expertise to do so.

Hazzmat hat geschrieben:
Please I just don't want to be disappointed but I really need to ask this I have to know it: Will the PURELY TEXT(NOT VOICE) translated version of Enderal be released alongside the German one?
http://sureai.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... 841#p64841
Eolath hat geschrieben:
Hmm, if I understand correctly plans for a separate English subtitled German release are out of the window? I believe that was the original plan, but I guess plans are bound to change.
Not at all, actually that is very easy to do in Skyrim. Even something every player can do him- or herself. Once Enderal in English goes live I (or Nico) will explain how that works.

There is just one thing to keep in mind: Enderal's english version has some rewritten parts in the dialogue. I am currently playing the german version with english texts for playtesting (as the english synchro isn't finished yet) and as somebody who understands German there are parts in which you can see that the subtitles are saying something entirely else than the voice-over does (though the message and meaning mostly stay the same).

If you can look past that there is no problem, if not I recommend you to play with the full EV.
So the English text will come out with the English version - simply for the reason that there is not enough time until the german release to go through everything ingame to look for translation errors or german remains.

As for the EV release date: https://twitter.com/SureAITeam/status/7 ... 4948718592
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier

Caleb8980 hat geschrieben:

So the English text will come out with the English version - simply for the reason that there is not enough time until the german release to go through everything ingame to look for translation errors or german remains.

As for the EV release date: https://twitter.com/SureAITeam/status/7 ... 4948718592
So? That shouldn't be a problem. It's not like Nehrim didn't have plenty of translation errors or german remains. Honestly any english version is better than nothing at all I don't think anyone would mind if it wasn't perfect. You can always patch the rest later. People would be more annoyed that they still have to wait than having to bear with a less that perfect translation.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

The link above states that the English version will be released 1-2 weeks after the German version, so mid-July. I've been following this project since it started planning in late 2011 even before Skyrim was actually released, so after 5 years I can wait another week or two for the English version. Just go to your nearest campsite and keep pushing the "rest" button until it comes out! :lol:
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

Hazzmat hat geschrieben:
So? That shouldn't be a problem. It's not like Nehrim didn't have plenty of translation errors or german remains. Honestly any english version is better than nothing at all I don't think anyone would mind if it wasn't perfect. You can always patch the rest later. People would be more annoyed that they still have to wait than having to bear with a less that perfect translation.

They would have to wait at most 14 days - not several months as in Nehrim's case :wink: . I could understand the sentiment if it would be 2 or more months but less than half a month will not kill anybody.
You, just as I, waited more than 4 years for this release, 14 days at most are nothing in comparison.

Also: Personally I do not like the "Release it broken - it can be fixed later" mentality one bit. I will not say that my translation will be perfect or outstanding, I am neither a paid translator, nor have I lived 10 or more years in Britain/America, nor I am an interpreter - but I nevertheless want to deliver the best job I can.

My work ethic just does not allow me any less. :dumb:
Eolath
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 5 Mal

Keep on rockin', Caleb, we all believe in you :D

Honestly, though, it's rather understandable. SureAI has worked for 4-5 years on this product, it'd be ridiculous to then rush the release by 2 weeks just to get it out there, since perfecting the last few imperfections would make a much more enjoyable experience.
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier

Caleb8980 hat geschrieben:
Hazzmat hat geschrieben:

They would have to wait at most 14 days - not several months as in Nehrim's case :wink: . I could understand the sentiment if it would be 2 or more months but less than half a month will not kill anybody.
You, just as I, waited more than 4 years for this release, 14 days at most are nothing in comparison.

Also: Personally I do not like the "Release it broken - it can be fixed later" mentality one bit. I will not say that my translation will be perfect or outstanding, I am neither a paid translator, nor have I lived 10 or more years in Britain/America, nor I am an interpreter - but I nevertheless want to deliver the best job I can.

My work ethic just does not allow me any less. :dumb:
Alright Caleb, I appreciate your well thought out response. You're right: waiting at most 2 weeks isn't that much and indeed, we have waited more than 4 years so 14 days should be nothing. I still feel a bit down by it but heck I'll just have to wait it out.
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 22 Mal

sphanlon hat geschrieben:
Well, firstly I'm pretty mad we don't get a new ES, but a prettier version of the last release. Not that I expected ES VI, I knew they'd squeeze every dime they could out of Skyrim and ESO first. So we need Enderal more than ever.

To your question, I assume Bethesda knows the situation with mods and people not wanting to remake or start over. I would say either mods will be easily convertible (not the most likely, might be technically impossible for all I know) or, more likely, they will keep the old version of the game very available, i.e. still be it's own entry on your steam list.
I think you should reassess your response to the info released during E3 - of course they're doing ES6. You can be happy they released some new info about the F4 DLC being the last one to come out as that means they move their full force towards ES6 development.

The fact that their development period is like 4 years long per game and that they don't have anything close to final is why they won't show anything related to ES6 at this point. One of the few good things about Todd Howard is that he keeps his games in the dark until they're close to being done. (~1 year away for Skyrim, six months or something for F4, I think that trend will continue in a similar manner)

At any rate, I think we can all be truly happy and grateful that Enderal is only a few weeks away. I've prepared myself with a German dictionairy in case my German skills fail me and I'll be damned if I finish the game before the English version comes out. :D
20 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2