Skyrim Special Edition and Enderal

Moderator: Moderatoren

20 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 20 Mal

Well... That's huge.. I though it was going to be released for consoles only, instead is for pc too...

How is this going to affect Enderal? I don't think anyone would be mad if you took another year to update..
sphanlon
Krieger
Krieger
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Well, firstly I'm pretty mad we don't get a new ES, but a prettier version of the last release. Not that I expected ES VI, I knew they'd squeeze every dime they could out of Skyrim and ESO first. So we need Enderal more than ever.

To your question, I assume Bethesda knows the situation with mods and people not wanting to remake or start over. I would say either mods will be easily convertible (not the most likely, might be technically impossible for all I know) or, more likely, they will keep the old version of the game very available, i.e. still be it's own entry on your steam list.
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin

Just read their statement on facebook, it sounds right.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

I would guess that the original Skyrim will still be available, and therefore, no problem for Enderal for those who don't upgrade to the Special Edition. For those who do upgrade, who knows.

I, for one, have no interest in the Special Edition. I'm not going to buy it, and I won't get it free as I don't already own all the DLCs nor the Legendary Edition. I've already played through Skyrim several times, and the same old quests, same old enemies and same old background chatter get pretty boring. Pretty graphics won't overcome that. In fact, I would avoid the Special Edition even if I could get it free, for fear that it might adversely affect my ability to play Enderal. And who knows if Steam might find some novel way to muck things up. I think it would be a good idea to turn off any automatic updater lest one get the Special Edition whether or not one wants it. Any thoughts?
How is this going to affect Enderal? I don't think anyone would be mad if you took another year to update..
I have gotten the impression that the SureAI team is slowly melting away, and those who are left will have their hands full, once Enderal is released, with patch(es) to fix bugs, without worrying about the Special Edition. After 5 years of hard work on Enderal (plus the years spent on its predecessors) [and great thanks for Arktwend & Nehrim as well as Enderal] I don't think they have another year left in their tank.
Eolath
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 5 Mal

Yeah, they're definitely not going to delay Enderal for another year just to work on something as uncertain as this, doubly so because their internal deadline actually requires them to release the (german) version soonish.

As for the Special Edition, afaik the release will be late October? By that point it's likely we'll already have an English subtitled Enderal. So unless people here want to genuinely hold out for the English voice acting, I doubt any experiences will be spoiled.
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

I'm pretty confident you can expect the fully voiced English version a lot sooner than fall. We're already 70% through (and all the recordings are done, it's all about cutting and playtesting now.) ;)
I have gotten the impression that the SureAI team is slowly melting away, and those who are left will have their hands full, once Enderal is released, with patch(es) to fix bugs, without worrying about the Special Edition. After 5 years of hard work on Enderal (plus the years spent on its predecessors) [and great thanks for Arktwend & Nehrim as well as Enderal] I don't think they have another year left in their tank.
Well, I wouldn't say we're "melting away", but yeah, you're right, right now we're pretty much all running on reserve battery. As much as we love our project, and as excited we are for the release, it's just so much to handle for such a small team. :)
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin

Nicolas Samuel hat geschrieben:
I'm pretty confident you can expect the fully voiced English version a lot sooner than fall. We're already 70% through (and all the recordings are done, it's all about cutting and playtesting now.) ;)
Well, I wouldn't say we're "melting away", but yeah, you're right, right now we're pretty much all running on reserve battery. As much as we love our project, and as excited we are for the release, it's just so much to handle for such a small team. :)
If the "porting" isn't too much hard and time-consuming, will you consider to update Enderal to the special edition? I mean as a speculation, since we know basically nothing, but we can expect more stability and fixed shadows from this edition.
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

Yes, if it is possible and not too time-consuming, we sure will! I think Enderal with all these great new effects would look stunning. :)
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin

Nicolas Samuel hat geschrieben:
Yes, if it is possible and not too time-consuming, we sure will! I think Enderal with all these great new effects would look stunning. :)
I only care for more stability, 64 bit conversion and no more flickering shadows. :D
All the effects can be added with mods. Actually we have been playing with them for 4 years already. :D
Topken
Krieger
Krieger
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Just an update on this Skyrim Special Edition is a different game that lives alongside the old Skyrim on Steam which makes sense otherwise they wouldn't have said you wouldn't be getting it free if you own the full game+DLC otherwise everyone would be getting it.

But some of the performance enhancements from the Special Edition would be nice to have but is not a must for me to play Enderal
20 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2