Will graphic mods like ENB work?

Moderator: Moderatoren

9 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
lucasw89
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Hello sureai people.

My question is will graphics mod work with enderal? For example RealVision ENB.
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 20 Mal

ENBs will work, but most likely will look like shit. To be more clear, since the lighting in Enderal will be different then in Skyrim, an ENB that looks cool and nice in Skyrim (because it was made with Skyrim in mind) may not/will not look the same way in Enderal (because it wasn't made for Enderal).

It's even possible we won't need ENBs to make the game playable. I can understand the thought of playing a Skyrim mod with vanilla graphics is somehow horrifying, but SureAi already fixed the graphic to look good without the necessity of a ENB, so it will not be a problem.

But you can always start tweaking an ENB for Enderal if you want, it will work.
mindw0rk
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

I dont think lighting will be an issue. Afterall ENderal uses the same resources as Skyrim so any ENB should work.
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

mindw0rk hat geschrieben:
I dont think lighting will be an issue. Afterall ENderal uses the same resources as Skyrim so any ENB should work.
It is not as easy as that - basically yes, any ENB will work in Enderal, but:

1. What Sancez is true: the lightning works a bit differently in Enderal than in Skyrim (see http://sureai.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=7076 for reference)

That means that ENBs will have to be tweaked for Enderal if you want to have the same look in Enderal as in Skyrim with your ENB.

2. During testing we realized that there seem to be some ENB functions or shaders which actively overwrite Enderal's post-processing effects - in turn leading to plotstoppers as the fade-out functions of Enderal didn't work anymore, hence you are stuck at a black screen even though the game goes on.

We have neither the time nor the expertise to localize the problem so I would really recommend you to wait for Enderal specific ENBs unless you want to be stuck somewhere in the story.
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin

Btw Caleb, what about shadows? In Skyrim the only way to have decent shadows is with ENB, did you manage to fix that or the game will have the vanilla blocky shadows?
Solid
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Nicolas answered that in a german thread (link: http://sureai.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... 280#p64636)

Very rough translation:
They can't guarantee that the game will run stable when using an ENB and a lot of them seem to cause weird bugs (e.g. the screen not turning black [presumably during a fadeout] or ImageSpace Modifiers breaking [iirc those are used to modify post processing effects]). Regardless of that, ENBs very heavily distort the range of colours used in Enderal so the wisest thing would probably be to wait for an actual Enderal preset.
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

Sancez hat geschrieben:
Btw Caleb, what about shadows? In Skyrim the only way to have decent shadows is with ENB, did you manage to fix that or the game will have the vanilla blocky shadows?
Hmm - doesn't the same topic which I linked above also have some screens showing the shadows? ;-)

Bild

Another, more recent example ^^
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin

Yeah, I learned to never trust screens when it comes to Skyrim shadows without an ENB. On nexus it's plenty of screens like that yet it's impossible to reproduce in game. But I trust you guys, so if you say so, I believe you.:)
mindw0rk
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

I just hope Enderal plays well in stereo 3D with Helix fix for vanilla Skyrim. Skyrim is one of the most stunning looking games in 3D. But if shaders were changed, it would require Enderal specific fix
9 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1