Character Creation mods?

Moderator: Moderatoren

7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
sakuradrops
Bettler
Bettler

Hello, I'm very new here so I apologize in advance of this question has already been asked and I just haven't noticed.

I heard certain mods for Skyrim will be able to work with Enderal and I was wondering if the same could be said with Character Creation mods?

By Character Creation mods I mean the ones that only change the player character's physical appearance, like body, skin, hair, and face mods?

So I was wondering how compatible those mods will be, if at all? If they are compatible will the player have to do something special in order for the bodies and faces and hairs to work (like using the Creation Kit), or will it work out of the box?

Also I noticed that in some of the videos some npcs already have hair that comes from mods, so will those hairs and more be already available for the player character without downloading a separate mod?

If you want references to the mods I'm specifically talking about here's a list:

Body:

CBBE

UNP

Better Males

Face:

Women of Skyrim

CoverWomen

Hair:

KS Hairdos (the non-HDT physics version)

Thanks in advance for an answer!
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 20 Mal

About hairstyles, they probably already added new hairstyles since we can actually see them on the trailers. New hairstyles mods will not work because that kind of mod need an ESP file to actually put the hair in game, so they will need to be converted.

About body replacers: I have no idea how many new armors they added, and how many of them show skin. If the body replacer you want to use has an ESP file, most likely it will not work with Enderal unless is converted. For female body replacers is a bit weirder I think, because some of them require custom skeletons if I'm not wrong, so probably most of them will not work without conversion (maybe, I may be very wrong about this).

About face textures, they should work without problems, since most of them are just texture replacers, unless they use an ESP file.

But for your first game in Enderal, I suggest you to play "vanilla", just to experience it the way they planned you to do it. Then we mod the hell out of this motherf@#]@er!!
sakuradrops
Bettler
Bettler

Thanks for the reply!

I was planning on going vanilla for a first playthrough anyway, but I always like to think ahead to second and even third playthroughs :)

I honestly only really cared about the face and hair mods, since bodies only really matter based on armor.

Do you know what hair pack the developers are using and how many they added? KS hairdos is one of the best hair packs out there btw.

And how do you "convert" mods? Does that involve the CK and is it difficult?

And are eye mods like face mods in that they won't need conversion?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to understand the limitations. And thanks for the quick response!
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin

If the mods just REPLACE stuff, then it should be fine if that stuff it replace is actually used in Enderal. The gold rule should be that is it doesn't use an ESP, then it should work, unless it's not used in the game at all. For example, a texture replacer mod that replace Argonians skins will work in Enderal, but you will never see it because Argonians don't exist in Enderal.

About conversions: I tried a few in Nehrim without much success, but at that time I didn't know much about the CK, now I know a lot more. Depends on the mod, but it should be very easy converting estethics mods (hairs, skins, eyes etc) from Skyrim to Enderal. Also you could use xEDIT instead of the CK, xEDIT is much more easy to work with.

EDIT: no, I have no idea what they included in the game.
sakuradrops
Bettler
Bettler

Alright I understand the limits now, thank you for your patience.

Last question, in XEdit when converting a mod, what am I changing it to for it to work with Enderal?

Again thanks so much for the help!
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin

No idea, and it isn't a "press a button" kind of process. Depends on the mod, really. And we don't even have Enderal yet..
sakuradrops
Bettler
Bettler

Okay I understand.

A huge thanks for all the help and patience!
7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1