Character Progression Problem (Console Command Help Needed)

Moderator: Moderatoren

11 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
FRGCWRU
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Hello SureAI and others,

Skip to * for the start of my problem.

Decided to register here to ask my question and for anything else I might use this account for (I'm not that big a poster though and don't spend much time online, so I apologize if this has been asked hundreds of times before).

I only recently discovered the pleasure that is Nehrim and since then I've been playing it almost non-stop and put playing The Witcher 3 on a complete hold. Of course I also made a small donation as the team deserves it--and of course much more.

* I tried to wait for more than a month in-game, and then I tried three months but still dungeons would not be filled with new monsters. While now I'm at a point in my playthrough that I am nearing the end of the main quest (the help in the south just got killed because of Callisto's decision). But there's not much more fun left for me after that. See, I've explored probably all dungeons that were available while constantly using the summon spell so I did not get much EP from that since I love dungeon exploring I do that a lot. So I'm only level 29 now and just unlocked the fifth spell rank spells. I still want to have loads of fun with my new Rank V spells in lots of dungeons, try out each different Rank V summon creature and see how they stack up... but also definitely do the same for the sixth and seventh rank because that's just how I play. But unfortunately there isn't enough left for exploring to be able to do that. So the only real solution would be that all the dungeons could be reset via a console command.

I scoured the net whether such a command exists that resets all dungeon cells. I only found a solution that will only enable you to reset one particular cell. But resetting all of the interior cells every time would be a major hassle. So is there any way to repopulate all the dungeons which I already cleared?

I'm particularly sad now that I know this game is more of a finite experience because Dungeons don't repopulate. I really don't mind exploring the same dungeon three times over. In fact I want it. That's how I played in Oblivion, it would be like while still also re-raiding dungeons I didn't enjoy as much I was looking forward to doing that one favorite dungeon again and play that way after most had been done already.

Sorry if this is written in such a mess. Such a chaos lots of stuff to do.

NOTE: I'm not asking how I could still gain enough experience to unlock the two remaining spell ranks because I know how to do that via the console. It's strictly about how to reset all dungeons so there will still be plenty enough to do for me and naturally progress further and fully experience the advancement.

Regards.
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

Hey,
nice to see you again :P
FRGCWRU hat geschrieben:
(I'm not that big a poster though and don't spend much time online, so I apologize if this has been asked hundreds of times before)
Considering that you wrote quite the essay on moddb 8)

But back to your problem:

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an easy way - to get back to Oblivion's system you would need to load the Nehrim.esm in the CS and manually set all enemies to respawn (by manually I mean every single enemy one by one). While this would be certainly possible it would cost much time.

Resetting an interior cell is easier but as you wrote also a bit of a hassle.

Maybe sb in here who is good in scripting can help you with a script but with the conventional methods there doesn't seem to be an easy and fast way, sorry :(

P.S. You could try "setgs iHoursToRespawnCell to XX" with XX being the amount of ingame hours you want to be passed until a cell respawns - though this does only work if SureAI didn't deactivate the whole system.
FRGCWRU
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Hello,

Thanks for the help.

Yeah scripting seems to be the best way to solve this problem, but unfortunately I have zero experience with it. All the interior cell IDs have to be listed via scripting and then reset in some way.

I'm definitely going to check if "setgs iHoursToRespawnCell to XX" is going to work. I'll report back if it works.

Any idea if Enderal is going to be the same as Nehrim in regards to dungeon re-population? I'm bound to run into the same problem if it is.

Regards.
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

FRGCWRU hat geschrieben:
Hello,

Thanks for the help.

Yeah scripting seems to be the best way to solve this problem, but unfortunately I have zero experience with it. All the interior cell IDs have to be listed via scripting and then reset in some way.

I'm definitely going to check if "setgs iHoursToRespawnCell to XX" is going to work. I'll report back if it works.

Any idea if Enderal is going to be the same as Nehrim in regards to dungeon re-population? I'm bound to run into the same problem if it is.

Regards.
For dungeons, yes - for the wildlife, no.

That means any animals you meet in the wild in Enderal will respawn, dungeons will stay empty once you killed all enemies within it.
You have a rather special preference there, usually all people WANT the respawning to stop as older RPGs also did it that way :P
FRGCWRU
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Argh, I really never understand people's preferences. Why would you want dungeons to remain empty? What's the fun in walking around in empty dungeons? And if they refill, it's not like you're forced to go in one to "break immersion."

Man, this is a real bummer. I really hope one of the SureAI team knows a suitable command/fix for me to repopulate all the dungeons. I put so many hours into my character, and if I'd have to redo it all over again I would do it exactly the same. It's simply how I enjoy playing the game. This way a certain amount (a lot) of exploring is essentially discouraged because you will be out of things to explore before you even reach the higher levels and spells so you don't get to experience them, and I already considered leveling to go too quick which is why I totally didn't mind that I did not receive the full experience points when my summoned creatures did most of the work.

Anyway thanks again.
Mattanja
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 103 Mal

Well the problem seems to be that it was rather a bug than a feature, not to get any exp from summoned creatures. So it actually shouldn't be possible to be at such a "low" level after having done every dungeon in the game.
I guess you could just increase your level using the console, to be able to cast high-level spells which I personally wouldn't consider cheating, as you were victim of a bug. But if you don't want that, which is also understandable, I unforunately can't help you with the command you're looking for :/
FRGCWRU
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Yeah I figured as much. I read somewhere that Conjuration was actually implemented later on in the game which was why I couldn't find any merchants who sold their spells or who could train me. When I saw I didn't receive any EP from the kills they did I assumed this was merely something that was probably too complicated to really implement it well into the engine. So I knew this was not intended, but nonetheless I made sure to take as much advantage of this as possible because I found I would level way too quickly without it. I only killed enemies when I absolutely had to (if one kept ignoring my summoned creature and kept attacking me and I could not compensate quickly enough with healing + damage reflection + magical shielding). I did this assuming I could simply go back into dungeons indefinitely to eventually reach the higher levels. Most experience points I gained stem from quests.

There were certain dungeons I completed dozens of times for just one character. Merely beating all the quests + raiding all dungeons once in a single playthrough is way too short compared to how I used to play Oblivion. Especially if I can't experience all the available leveling ranks in their entirety. There's so many awesome dungeons in Nehrim I'd like to go back to but with higher level spells. Sorry if I'm repeating myself. It's just that Nehrim is such an amazing experience that anything negative about it is such a hard pill to swallow. With less perfect games it's already a given that you need to accept negatives and you're already used to it. It's simply a testament to how polished Nehrim: At Fate's Edge (but still--some sort of solution would be great, heh).

Regards.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

While now I'm at a point in my playthrough that I am nearing the end of the main quest (the help in the south just got killed because of Callisto's decision).
You may not be as close to the end of the main quest as you think. Also, the patch that placed Conjuration skill books around the map
[+]
also created another "main" quest that triggers after the original main quest is complete.
You can also accumulate quite a lot of experience hunting in the Crater area of Southrealm, as those enemies give lots of XP and respawn.

Also, if you are not aware of it, when you collect Fine Spider Silk from killing the bigger spiders such as Black Widows, Northern, Southern, Moss, etc. you can sell them in groups of 5 to the light armor merchant across from the water wheel in E. and receive 1800 XP for each group of 5 (after she makes you armor for the first 5). And they respawn.

Have you located all 99 of the "N" magic symbols? (There were 100 but one disappeared when the patch filled out the Iron Fire Halls dungeon.) The more you find, the greater the XP for each.

Have you been crafting weapons? When you craft some of the better weapons you can accumulate 1000+ XP each.
FRGCWRU
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

badgesareus hat geschrieben:
You may not be as close to the end of the main quest as you think.
I must admit that Nehrim has been a very hard game for me to guess how far I am plot wise. When the things started to go really awry for the first time in the main story I thought I was already nearing the end of things. After that I simply didn't have a clue anymore. Which is a great thing. Just when things start to seem like it is going to wrap up more is to come. But I've been awfully wrong before just like with The Witcher 3, which (spoiler for that game)
[+]
I thought was pretty much endless when I was still in Novigrad then suddenly wrapped up rather quickly.
You can also accumulate quite a lot of experience hunting in the Crater area of Southrealm, as those enemies give lots of XP and respawn.
I understand, but EPs are not what I'm worried about. When all is said and done there are plenty of ways to progress skill wise. You've listed some of them yourself. I sold about 65 or so Fine Spider Silks to the Armorer in Erothin, which gave me a lot of EP but I purposely spread it out thin. What bothers me is the fact that I now only have the final remaining dungeons left to explore and fight against. To me the fun is to use newly learned spells against foes that you've fought before and are now a bit weaker than you so it's satisfying to see your growth, but also use the spells against similarly strong enemies and slightly stronger. Now only the latter two are available to me. I can no longer go into a level 20-26 dungeon and use my new Rank V spells in there. I think that's a real shame. I'd love to see my newly acquired Summoned Frost Elemental fight against those powerful Dwarven Guard/Golems I had so much trouble with at a lower level in the Dwarven Mine Onruhl. This similarly is the reason why most people hated the Oblivion enemy leveling system because they never got to see the results of their work due to enemies remaining similarly powerful in respect to the player. Nehrim is filled to the brim with amazing dungeons I only got to experience them once.
Have you located all 99 of the "N" magic symbols? (There were 100 but one disappeared when the patch filled out the Iron Fire Halls dungeon.) The more you find, the greater the XP for each.
No, I've got around 50 and I think I'm doing really bad with them. Mind you I really take my time exploring every corner of every dungeon and check the map several times when in one to ensure I don't miss anything, but I am getting the impression that I rarely ever find one of these symbols and I just suck spotting them. I know most of them are probably in not-so-obvious places so I'm sure I've missed many (saw one in a fire which convinced me they are damn tricky to find at times).
Have you been crafting weapons? When you craft some of the better weapons you can accumulate 1000+ XP each.
I've only crafted two Silver Great Swords. I had hundreds of Iron Ingots and sold most of them and a lot of Silver/Gold ingots. But the level 100 ingots you can forge I have zero of. No idea where to find them. I also lack the required rubies because I assumed wrongly they would serve same purpose as in Oblivion (simply gems which you can enchant and wear that are only important for how they look and nothing else) so I sold almost all of them which I now very much regret. Without those two components there doesn't seem to be a whole lot I can craft even though my Craftsmanship is level 100. But that's the price I have to pay for assuming it would all be a lot like Oblivion. I also made loads and loads of cash via Alchemy and selling those potions only to ditch all that money partly by just bribing random people I wouldn't talk to anyway assuming I somewhat cheated the system owning so much money...
[+]
only to find the new Master Craftsman in Erothin.
At any rate, thanks for the suggestions anyway.

Regards.
Zuletzt geändert von FRGCWRU am 17.12.2015 19:06, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

the level 100 ingots you can forge I have zero off. No idea where to find them.
Not sure what you mean, if you are referring to the thorium ingots
[+]
you can find quite a bit of thorium (ingots & ore) in the Iron Fire Halls entering through the NW door south of Treomar. There are also many thorium ore deposits above ground in the Southrealm crater, and these seem to respawn after awhile.
I prefer the bow myself, so I forged the best one possible and it levels up as I do, so it becomes pretty powerful -- one hit on golems for example. I also forge dark arrows as they require common materials and are pretty strong. I find destructive magic to be less useful simply because the powerful spells require so much magic -- Might have 150 magica and some mage will be selling a spell that requires 400 :lol:
11 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2