Magic in society

Moderator: Moderatoren

3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
TheReaper
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Hi!, i'm relatively new to this site but i've been following Enderal for quite some time.

One thing i've haven't seen a discussion about is how magic will be treated in Enderal. I've looked at the devblog about the class system and it looks really great but what i'm wondering is if magic will still be a rare/forbidden art as in Nehrim?.
As someone who often play as a mage character it made me feel reallly great that I was not just one in the masses when I had magic at my disposal. I mean, I'm shooting fireballs out of my hands, people should maybe react alittle more than say "be careful"?;)

Anyway my question is: will mages be shunned and outlawed as in Nehrim? Or will it be some sort of middleground where it is a rare gift but not outlawed?.

Answer much appreciated! :thumbsup:
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

1. One reason magic was shunned in Nehrim was Barateon's propaganda and his laws. :wink:

2. What will clearly not change from Nehrim to Enderal is that magic is a rare gift for humans. Every Aeterna and half-aeterna can use magic for sure - humans need to have much luck to be born with magic ability.

That unfortunately is always a reason for discrimination - hence I think the way people speak and react to (Half-)Aeterna won't change and with it will always swing the fear for magic.

I don't think it will be outlawed but there is the real chance that it will be shunned by the population.
TheReaper
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Yeah I remebered Barateon outlawed the use of magic I just didn't know if it was a common thing in Vyn.:)

Thanks for the answer, I really hope it turns out that way:)
3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1