No English Voice Acting Please

Moderator: Moderatoren

51 Beiträge Seite 5 von 6
MrHappyFace
Gauner
Gauner
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Hazzmat hat geschrieben:
Just because you think it isn't immersive in English that doesn't mean it's like that for everyone.
MrHappyFace hat geschrieben:
Some people might agree with me, and some people might not.
#########################
Hazzmat hat geschrieben:
I think you're being totally one-sided here. So you're saying Enderal shouldn't be spoken in English just because you speak it? What about the germans themselves?
1. The topic says that there should be no English Audio. I have never said anything of the sort, nor meant to imply it.
2. You can easily swap "English" and "German" in any of my posts without changing my point at all.
3. English isn't my first language - my English is just better than my German.
badgesareus hat geschrieben:
-snip lots of writing-
Discussion is fun, even if the argument is moot.

The character experiences the things in the game. The player then interprets these experiences. There is a gap between the virtual and real worlds, and because of this, the player cannot actually have these experiences themselves. We can only empathize with the experiences of the character(s).

To me, the player's interpretation is more important - the world in the game is foreign to the player, and hence I believe that the world should feel foreign to me. To you, I think the character's experiences are more important - the world in the game is natural to the character, and therefore the world should feel natural to you. Essentially, you empathize with the character in a way that I don't [or can't].

Avatar is a problematic example. The point was [supposed to be] that Pandora is a foreign world to the viewer and the human characters, but perfectly natural to the Navi. You expect the world to be portrayed in the way that it is experienced by the characters, while I expect it to be portrayed in the way that it is experienced by the viewer. Again, Avatar is a problematic example because later on; the perspective gets really effed up as the earthman starts to forget that he is actually a human.

I am talking about oranges, and you are talking about apples, unless you want to be talking about a different fruit, which would be fine since I would much rather be talking about apricots or pears or something... Anyway, the point is that I don't think either of us are wrong.
Tealor Arantheal
Hoher
Hoher
Danksagung erhalten: 150 Mal

As far as I know Enderal will be available in english and german language (fully spoken).

So it shouldn't be that hard to use the english version but insert the german audio files instead. I think they should have the same file name so there should be no problem by just swapping those.

Which I mean is that it shouldn't be hard to set up Enderal how you want it to be. Just with a bit end-user work...
greenlight
Eliath
Eliath
Danksagung erhalten: 57 Mal

It depends on how the files are packed. In Nehrim, the sound files were packed seperately from the textures or meshes(NehrimData - SoundsData.bsa, NehrimData - MeshData.bsa, NehrimData - TexturesData.bsa,...), so with a file structure like this it should be indeed very simple to swap the audio files. But I don't know how they plan to do it with Enderal and if the engine somehow prevents simple file swapping.
kelticpete
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

my concerns
1) I would like to play sooner than later. if getting english voice over/acting slows project down that is a bummer.
2) I really want subtitles for english. In skyrim I am faster reader than listener, and when the speaker was saying something interesting and the voice acting was good I would listen but often I would just read it faster than they could talk and go to next dialouge point.
3) once I was bright enough to turn on ALL dialogue in subtitles, playing nehrim like a foreign film was TOTALLY BAD-ASS :) I realize that you guys are doing english voice overs but I wanted to through that in and reiterrate 1 and 2

also, I have done some voice acting I did some for someguy2000 on nexus. I need a better mike but I am available.
Oberrill
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Yet another vote to keep the German voice acting. I registered just so I could post concerning this important decision.
rtf54
Krieger
Krieger
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

Oberrill hat geschrieben:
Yet another vote to keep the German voice acting. I registered just so I could post concerning this important decision.
Hi.
There will likely be multiple options for language. You can choose to download an English version with German voice acting, if you like.
rjdriver
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 8 Mal

I have just made a donation in hopes that this and all future Sure AI productions will have a spoken English dialog option(well acted of course, to address the OPs complaint), along with all the other options that are requested, such as German dialog with English subtitles, or French dialog with German subtitles (OK - maybe that's asking for too much:-).

Everything about this TC looks really great so far, and with little to nothing on the horizon for 2015 that shows much promise in first person single player games, hoping that you can release it this year.
Starac
Schurke
Schurke

What do you think about this?

https://soundcloud.com/torikamal/tori-k ... 2015-09-10

It's a voice demo for The Witcher 3. It's nice acting, but author claims he can do it even better.
Question is do you need people like him?
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 20 Mal

Starac hat geschrieben:

It's a voice demo for The Witcher 3. It's nice acting, but author claims he can do it even better.
The english voice acting is already over, they only need to cut and put it in game. :)
Starac
Schurke
Schurke

Sancez hat geschrieben:
Starac hat geschrieben:

The english voice acting is already over, they only need to cut and put it in game. :)
:thumbsup:

Hmm, didn't know this?
51 Beiträge Seite 5 von 6