Concerns and Hopes for Enderal

Moderator: Moderatoren

4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Blackmill
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

I have been following this project for quite some time, and needless to say, I am already certain that it will be vastly better than Skyrim. That said, I do have a question about Enderal that's been on my mind for some time now.

Namely, I am wondering how dialogue will be approached. In my opinion, regardless of medium, the key behind any good story is character interaction. In video games, this requires an advanced and well done dialogue system -- one that offers a variety of responses and comments (ie. Planescape: Torment, Arcanum, Fallout 1). The fact that the speech skill is being treated like a secondary skill (something alongside crafting) makes me worried that it won't be fully developed. It seems that the devs have reduced the cost of investing in speech rather than increase the incentive by making it better. Not to mention voice acting is expensive and will limit the amount of dialogue unless the actors are volunteers. I would also hope for ways to resolve quests and combat through dialogue rather than violence. I truly believe the dialogue will determine whether Enderal is a good game or a classic.

Thanks.
MarvinKp
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Stadtwache
Stadtwache
Danksagung erhalten: 22 Mal

Hi, I am just composing some music. So Nico or the other devs might give you a more detailed answer :)First of all Enderal has a lot of Dialogue (not just for quests but also for background lore etc.) and in my opinion it is really well written. If you have skilled speechcraft you will get extra choices and possibilities to solve questlines. So it is not as useless as it was in Skyrim. All our voice actor work on voluntary basis. Therefore this will not influence the amount of dialogue. I hope I could answer some of your questions :)
Blackmill
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

MarvinKp hat geschrieben:
Hi, I am just composing some music. So Nico or the other devs might give you a more detailed answer :)First of all Enderal has a lot of Dialogue (not just for quests but also for background lore etc.) and in my opinion it is really well written. If you have skilled speechcraft you will get extra choices and possibilities to solve questlines. So it is not as useless as it was in Skyrim. All our voice actor work on voluntary basis. Therefore this will not influence the amount of dialogue. I hope I could answer some of your questions :)
That's nice to hear. Do you happen to know if there are "flavor options"? That is, dialogue options designed primarily to express personality? I always like it when games include cynical and sarcastic dialogue options in addition to the normal ones. Granted, consistently including these types of options would require an immense amount of work I'm guessing, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are minimal/non-existent.
MarvinKp
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Stadtwache
Stadtwache
Danksagung erhalten: 22 Mal

There are definitely some of theese choices. Of course not in any situation but still a lot. We also added two follower Characters you will meet more often in the game . Nico said their dialogue amount is about 200% of a Bioware character each. And depending on how you treat them they will talk to you in a different way :)
4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1