Will there be multiplayer?

Moderator: Moderatoren

19 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

I suggest that random treasure chests contain magic lamps. If the player finds one and rubs it once, he will be able to play coop. If he rubs it twice he can play multiplayer, and if he rubs it 3 times, the game will transform into MMO. I also suspect the selfish developers are sleeping as much as 5-6 hours per night; surely with energy drinks they could get by with 1-2 hours of sleep each night so they can make massive changes to the plans they've been following for 3½ years. :dumb:
CWB
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

badgesareus hat geschrieben:
I suggest that random treasure chests contain magic lamps. If the player finds one and rubs it once, he will be able to play coop. If he rubs it twice he can play multiplayer, and if he rubs it 3 times, the game will transform into MMO. I also suspect the selfish developers are sleeping as much as 5-6 hours per night; surely with energy drinks they could get by with 1-2 hours of sleep each night so they can make massive changes to the plans they've been following for 3½ years. :dumb:

Seriously? Fanboy much?
Skyrim Online is a very real thing, google and youtube are your friend. Adding some type of coop or multiplayer would be what would truly separate this full conversion from the 400 billion other full conversion Skyrim mods, regardless of how good this one might be....and for the record from what Ive read in my lastest issue of PC Gamer I think this mod will be excellent even without COOP...but as I said before with COOP...it wouldnt just be good, it would be ground breaking and freeking incredible. Dont act as if its impossible when it certainly is not.

Also, there are people that would easily donate some decent money(myself included) to see a full conversion Skyrim mod with actual COOP or Multiplayer, I promise you that.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter

there are people that would easily donate some decent money(myself included) to see a full conversion Skyrim mod with actual COOP or Multiplayer, I promise you that.
You're missing the point. The issue is not money (unless maybe you wanted to donate a few million euros maybe?) or whether it is possible, no doubt it would be possible given enough people and enough time. But SureAI is a small group which has been devoting most of its free time over 3½ years to creating their vision of a single player game. Now it is finally nearing release, and it would require a tremendous amount of time and personnel resources to make massive changes at this late date, if they wanted to. (I suspect they don't, as their other full game mods have all been single player, and likely this possibility was considered and rejected at the very beginning of their planning).

Certainly there are many experienced modders out there that can take a shot at modding Enderal for co-op or multiplayer, should they choose to do so after it is released. Bethesda's multiplayer Elder Scrolls hasn't exactly been a glowing success, so if a large, well staffed, well financed company like that has problems with a multiplayer version, it must not be a cake walk.
FridgeBOB
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

badgesareus, what you're saying is probably valid and accurate, but I'm not a code monkey and I do have a serious desire to traverse a skyrim-like area with my girlfriend. And I know I can't be the only one in that situation.

This sub board is titled "Questions, Critique & wishes". I wish I could play skyrim with a friend, not a gaggle of strangers. I would be doing myself a disservice if I didn't mention my dream to a collection of kindhearted modders working on a self-proclaimed overhaul.

CWB, though I'd be right behind you in line to donate, I think profiting from an IP they don't own might get sureai in hot water. I could be way off base but even then badge still has a good point that this is non-profit; throwing money at it probably won't help.
CWB
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

there are people that would easily donate some decent money(myself included) to see a full conversion Skyrim mod with actual COOP or Multiplayer, I promise you that.
You're missing the point. The issue is not money (unless maybe you wanted to donate a few million euros maybe?) or whether it is possible, no doubt it would be possible given enough people and enough time. But SureAI is a small group which has been devoting most of its free time over 3½ years to creating their vision of a single player game. Now it is finally nearing release, and it would require a tremendous amount of time and personnel resources to make massive changes at this late date, if they wanted to. (I suspect they don't, as their other full game mods have all been single player, and likely this possibility was considered and rejected at the very beginning of their planning).

Certainly there are many experienced modders out there that can take a shot at modding Enderal for co-op or multiplayer, should they choose to do so after it is released. Bethesda's multiplayer Elder Scrolls hasn't exactly been a glowing success, so if a large, well staffed, well financed company like that has problems with a multiplayer version, it must not be a cake walk.

Again, you are desperately trying to make it out to be some "mission impossible" task, its not. If 3 or 4 years ago a couple of modders had some success doing it and now a slightly bigger group is having even more success with Skyrim Online, then its certainly very possible. There is a 2012 youtube video of actual gameplay footage of Skyrim online, and it seems they even got the animations working correctly as well as an in game chat too. I never said adding COOP was a "calk walk" either, but it definitely isnt this 400 billion foot high mountain you are trying very hard to make it out to be. Please go search Skyrim Online, go to the main site(as Ive already said to do...), and see for yourself its very possible. I understand if they are focused on the solo aspects of the game and adding multi would require some more work to implement everything...maybe they dont want to tackle that, and thats fine. But dont act as if its something completely out of reach when it 100% is not.

This project, even as good as it might be, will be yet another full Skyrim conversion(maybe a VERY good one at that) instead of being something that would separate it from ALL other Skyrim mods in existence.
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

CWB hat geschrieben:
Again, you are desperately trying to make it out to be some "mission impossible" task, its not. If 3 or 4 years ago a couple of modders had some success doing it and now a slightly bigger group is having even more success with Skyrim Online, then its certainly very possible. There is a 2012 youtube video of actual gameplay footage of Skyrim online, and it seems they even got the animations working correctly as well as an in game chat too. I never said adding COOP was a "calk walk" either, but it definitely isnt this 400 billion foot high mountain you are trying very hard to make it out to be. Please go search Skyrim Online, go to the main site(as Ive already said to do...), and see for yourself its very possible. I understand if they are focused on the solo aspects of the game and adding multi would require some more work to implement everything...maybe they dont want to tackle that, and thats fine. But dont act as if its something completely out of reach when it 100% is not.
http://skyrim.ophelia-core.com/showthread.php?tid=1441

The post was made at the 25th of Dezember 2014. As the news post said it took them more than 2 years "just" to get animations running.

As I said before they "only" have to add this mode and don't have to make a new world, new story, new NPCs, new sidequests, new weapons and armors, new gameplay mechanics, etc.

Neither badge nor I are saying that it would be impossible or that we would dislike it - heck I believe we both would love a COOP mode (no multiplayer though, for me at least) but that it would just take up too much time.

By now (after over 3 years) SureAI may have the COOP finished and running, but they would have nothing to show of their world, no story implented, no new gameplay elements, etc.

So it would take another 3,5 years just to get where it is now - with all due respect but letting it stay famous for this long and keeping the team motivated to continue modding would be incredibly hard.

The advantage of Skyrim Online is that it is finished the moment they implement the multiplayer+COOP mode bugfree, but SureAI would be just at the starting point for Enderal.
This project, even as good as it might be, will be yet another full Skyrim conversion(maybe a VERY good one at that) instead of being something that would separate it from ALL other Skyrim mods in existence.
Just yet another Skyrim conversion !? :D

Current TCs (which I know) for Skyrim which are still developed: Skywind, Skyblivion, Beyond Skyrim, I am the king!, Andoran, Hoddminir and Enderal.

Out of these, the first 4 are all based in the Elder Scrolls universe and are aiming to bring other parts of the Tamriel to Skyrim ("I am the king!" does so btw with Highrock ;-)) Much of what they have to do can be read in wikis or even played as in Skyblivion's and Skywind's case. And with all due respect: the first 3 have still soooo much work to do that it will take at least 1,5 years till any of these mods reaches gold status.

Andoran was (just like Skywind) originally developed for Oblivion and got ported to Skyrim but till now we "only" have the prologue released of it. The project is certainly still active but only in russian (the english part of the official homepage even got erased) so there isn't really much to tell about it.

Hoddminir is a project which scope of raw work is around the same than Enderal's but they are currently still creating the landscape and then have to fill it with "life". I certainly wish them the best but I also know that they still have quite much to work on (and I'd love to play it one day as it is set in Nordic culture and I'm a sucker for that ;-))

SureAI on the other hand always build in things which completely seperate their TCs from other mods and the original TES game.

(There are even people who say that Bethesda "stole" mechanics from SureAI TCs :P)

For example: in Nehrim you could craft your own weapons and armor.
To do so you first had to have a pickaxe in your inventory, then find a place with ore veins and then you could open the "inventory"of the vein for its ores. With the ores and charcoal you had to go to a smithery to get ingots. Now you could craft weapons and armor on an anvil with said ingots. Now look at Skyrim xD

In Enderal's case that would be the talent system (which replaces all shouts and perks of Skyrim with a completely new system), the new housing system (which allows you to craft funiture for your houses and place it freely in them)and the new fast travel system with the myrads (similar to how the Silt Striders work in Morrowind but they have managed to animate these flights and if the testing doesn't give out too many heavy bugs you wil be able to see the flight in real time). These are at least the known ones; who but the team knows if there will be more.

In any case I would recommend you to read my unoffical Q&A if you haven't done so before, as I explained all new things rather lengthy. :wink:
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter

I needed a new car so I went to the Mini-Minor dealer, but they didn't have the color I wanted, so I had to special-order one. A couple weeks later the car dealer called to say the transporter truck just arrived. I hurried down to the dealer. Just before they unloaded my car from the truck, I told the dealer " I think instead of the 4-cylinder engine I would like to have a 24-cylinder diesel engine, and also a towing package to tow a 10-ton trailer. And I may want more than 3 other passengers, so could you please widen the seats and add a 3rd row of seating? And I go off road a lot, so please convert it to 4-wheel drive. I know all of these are possible because I've seen other vehicles that have them." "Sure, no problem, just come back this afternoon and we'll have it all ready" he replied. I felt so good because freely spending other people's time makes me feel empowered. :D :D
CWB
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I needed a new car so I went to the Mini-Minor dealer, but they didn't have the color I wanted, so I had to special-order one. A couple weeks later the car dealer called to say the transporter truck just arrived. I hurried down to the dealer. Just before they unloaded my car from the truck, I told the dealer " I think instead of the 4-cylinder engine I would like to have a 24-cylinder diesel engine, and also a towing package to tow a 10-ton trailer. And I may want more than 3 other passengers, so could you please widen the seats and add a 3rd row of seating? And I go off road a lot, so please convert it to 4-wheel drive. I know all of these are possible because I've seen other vehicles that have them." "Sure, no problem, just come back this afternoon and we'll have it all ready" he replied. I felt so good because freely spending other people's time makes me feel empowered. :D :D

I knew as soon as I read this that it would be a totally over the top, ridiculous post...I see was not mistaken...at all.
CWB
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Caleb8980 hat geschrieben:
CWB hat geschrieben:
http://skyrim.ophelia-core.com/showthread.php?tid=1441

The post was made at the 25th of Dezember 2014. As the news post said it took them more than 2 years "just" to get animations running.

As I said before they "only" have to add this mode and don't have to make a new world, new story, new NPCs, new sidequests, new weapons and armors, new gameplay mechanics, etc.

Neither badge nor I are saying that it would be impossible or that we would dislike it - heck I believe we both would love a COOP mode (no multiplayer though, for me at least) but that it would just take up too much time.

By now (after over 3 years) SureAI may have the COOP finished and running, but they would have nothing to show of their world, no story implented, no new gameplay elements, etc.

So it would take another 3,5 years just to get where it is now - with all due respect but letting it stay famous for this long and keeping the team motivated to continue modding would be incredibly hard.

The advantage of Skyrim Online is that it is finished the moment they implement the multiplayer+COOP mode bugfree, but SureAI would be just at the starting point for Enderal.
Just yet another Skyrim conversion !? :D

Current TCs (which I know) for Skyrim which are still developed: Skywind, Skyblivion, Beyond Skyrim, I am the king!, Andoran, Hoddminir and Enderal.

Out of these, the first 4 are all based in the Elder Scrolls universe and are aiming to bring other parts of the Tamriel to Skyrim ("I am the king!" does so btw with Highrock ;-)) Much of what they have to do can be read in wikis or even played as in Skyblivion's and Skywind's case. And with all due respect: the first 3 have still soooo much work to do that it will take at least 1,5 years till any of these mods reaches gold status.

Andoran was (just like Skywind) originally developed for Oblivion and got ported to Skyrim but till now we "only" have the prologue released of it. The project is certainly still active but only in russian (the english part of the official homepage even got erased) so there isn't really much to tell about it.

Hoddminir is a project which scope of raw work is around the same than Enderal's but they are currently still creating the landscape and then have to fill it with "life". I certainly wish them the best but I also know that they still have quite much to work on (and I'd love to play it one day as it is set in Nordic culture and I'm a sucker for that ;-))

SureAI on the other hand always build in things which completely seperate their TCs from other mods and the original TES game.

(There are even people who say that Bethesda "stole" mechanics from SureAI TCs :P)

For example: in Nehrim you could craft your own weapons and armor.
To do so you first had to have a pickaxe in your inventory, then find a place with ore veins and then you could open the "inventory"of the vein for its ores. With the ores and charcoal you had to go to a smithery to get ingots. Now you could craft weapons and armor on an anvil with said ingots. Now look at Skyrim xD

In Enderal's case that would be the talent system (which replaces all shouts and perks of Skyrim with a completely new system), the new housing system (which allows you to craft funiture for your houses and place it freely in them)and the new fast travel system with the myrads (similar to how the Silt Striders work in Morrowind but they have managed to animate these flights and if the testing doesn't give out too many heavy bugs you wil be able to see the flight in real time). These are at least the known ones; who but the team knows if there will be more.

In any case I would recommend you to read my unoffical Q&A if you haven't done so before, as I explained all new things rather lengthy. :wink:

Hmm it sounds like SureAI is a heck of a company with that much depth in their mod. But I still dont think it would be as hard as you suggest to impliment multi or coop, and it wouldnt take 3yrs either with their talent. With or without multi Im sure it will be a fantastic mod though.
19 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2