thank you / positive criticism

Moderator: Moderatoren

2 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
senju
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

I have finally gotten around to downloading this again after playing the initial release a year ago, and i have to say i am thoroughly enjoying it just as much as i did then, and this time i actually finished the main quest. :D
the level of love you put into your design is aparent every few yards you walk, the atmosphere is fantastic, dungeon design and all the little magical things you were able to add have blown my mind [the road to the sky people was the greatest ride ever!], and the plot was beyond what i thought a mod, or even most comercial rpg, capable of, it actually had depth and intrigue, something that oblivion lacked from the moment you left the sewer.
you deserve all the nominations and awards you have been given and then some. sure ai and all else involved have won me over. i have high expectations for you in the future and am eagerly awaiting skyrim and project 5, which will most likely be far more enjoyable than skyrim itself.

which brings me to the reason im posting this. not just to congratulate you on the 1 year anniversary of your fantastic mod, but to tell you just a few places where i think you can improve.
seeing as this is a mod i am very appreciative of what you have already accomplished, however nehrim could be better in a few kinda obvious ways.

the first thing i can think of is the empty, or unfinished areas that are left in the world seemingly just for eye-candy. like the submersible dock in the north realm, you can go inside and check out what you were doing, but not much else. i would have liked for there to be SOMETHING to do there. or the fortress east of the desert that you cant go into, kinda bothered me after walking all the way there XD just kidding, it was a fun walk.
there are a few more areas like this that i have seen in the 80 something hours that i have played it, and while they dont bother me that much i would still hope that in the future your world space is more or less polished off. i think it might be because of the size of your gameworld, it must be pretty difficult to handle a continent, so i understand :D.

the only other thing that bothers me is the crafting after level 13 or so. there is a tier 2 crafting but you cant use it until the next patch or addon, which im sure is coming, and im being patient. however from the base experience crafting eventually becomes useless and there is not much variety in the initial weapons you can make, AND there is no craftable armor. also some unique or rare craftables would be nice. such as to have found recipes or something that would allow for me to craft unique weapons, or find broken swords that i can reforge, example in the ruins of arktwend find a princes blade or something.
but more importantly the fact that i could ONLY make weapons and not armor bothered me the most, and the fact that it eventually stopped being useful.

and thats about it, really, keep up the good work, and thank you VERY much for nehrim, its litterally the best thing i have played in years.
senju
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

also, just saying, im on my third playthrough now, testing to see if stealth characters are treated as well as the mage/warrior type. fantastic so far. the sanctum could use a poison vendor or a few shady guys selling light armor, but its all good.
2 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1