Nehrim Wiki project- join us please!

Moderator: Moderatoren

520 Beiträge Seite 1 von 52
kassandra
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

Hello everyone,

First of all, I didn't have any idea how to classify the topic, so I chose this section as the Quest Help is most commonly viewed and it does concern providing help with quests (among other things).

For a few weeks me, Shatar, TheHawk, Blink, ToxicCosmos, Garnet have been working on creating Nehrim Wiki:
http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/Nehrim_Wiki

We don't know who created the Wikia, but I guess the one who started it has given up on the project.
As it seems an immense and time-consuming project, we would really appreciate ANY contributios , but of course the most urgent part is connected with Quests, as many people sometimes get stuck and look for help. I, myself, sometimes spent a LOT of time trying to figure out some solutions and I couldn't find the quest description anywhere.

Generally, I do hope that you approve of the projects as our aims are:

1. To make Nehrim more accessible to new players- by detailed descriptions of the quests with explanation of most difficult parts so that they wouldn't give up on playing Nehrim.

2. Enable players to take FULL pleasure of playing the game and epxlore it to the fullest- we plan to create a database of items (it will be easier to collect sets!)some easter eggs, etc.

3.To show our appreciation of Nehrim- it's a stunning and breathtaking world with very rich history and unique realms. When I first read about
Nehrim ( a very brief news on one site) I didn't have a clue what a 'conversion' was. I expected only something that generally changes Oblivion. But Nehrim turned out to be a TOTALLY new game with it's own unique quests and gameplay. I guess more people (who are yet to start Nehrim or consider downloading it) would get convinced that Nehrim is an extremely huge world with innumerable possibilities if they had the chance consult a Nehrim wiki.

You can help us in any way- by uploadig photos, giving some information (eg. when you come across Magic Symbol or other uique items), editing quests etc...

Wiki How-To guide:
http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/Wiki_How-To

Thank you !
Kassandra
Zuletzt geändert von kassandra am 30.12.2010 08:25, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.
Shatar
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

Hello,

As Kassandra said, I also support this project.

We aim for a detailed Wiki, which is mainly for English speaking players. We've made a lot of progress so far (most of the credit goes to Kassandra) in editing and making new pages for items, quests and other stuff.

We hope that other players will use this wiki and make their contibutions if needed. Wikia has a very user-friendy editing interface by the way. So if you come by an uncomplete page, don't hesitate to give us the information!

Shatar
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.

You both seem to have done a lot of work on there. :o

I am going to start the game again from the beginning when next update is out. Should be soon since German update came out a few days ago.

What I was thinking of doing, was to take screenshots though each stage at diff points. So if someone does walkthrough to it, I was going to put a small slideshow in to show it pictorially.

If you think its bad/ good idea let me know.
Shatar
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

That would be nice. ;)

The more information we receive, the better.
kassandra
Magier
Magier

Sure, nice idea Hawk. Especially that I can see that I am not too skilled with 'screenshotting' :) I see Shatar's screenshots and THEY are perfect !
From now on I will focus solely on writing. Feel free to remove my slideshows/screenshots and replace them with new ones when you take your own screenshots.

Btw if you're planning to start the game from the very beggining it would be great if you would focus on writing articles on Main Quests ( till The Candidate of the City Guard).

And of course thank you for helping us!
Shatar
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

kassandra hat geschrieben:
I see Shatar's screenshots and THEY are perfect !
Gee, I'm flattered. :D

I mainly use Fraps to take screenshots. Then I remove my interface in Nehrim with the 'tm' command and use the free camera with 'tfc' to get the perfect angle.
And I'm planning to take more screenshots of rare weapons, full armour sets, easter eggs, hidden places and monsters in the future.
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.

Just found out. You propably allreadt knew!!!
That if you click on photo (bottom right doc icon) you can get to see screenshot full size. Pretty cool. :oops:
blink
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

I'm in. I can't make any promises as to how much time I have to dedicate to it but I am fairly knowledgeable about the quests. What do I need to do?

Edit to add: Ok I signed up, have looked around the Wikia a bit and will attempt the Moon Sheep quest walkthrough.
kassandra
Magier
Magier

Thank you !

We really appreciate any help we can get :) There are still so many things to write on the Wikia so you can choose whatever you want. And take your time, it should be a free-time hobby, not a daily grind.

Ps. I will start uploading more Nehrim screenshots on my Xfire profile (http://www.xfire.com/profile/kassandra1/) , so if any of you prticularly likes the screenshot you can remove the interface and upload in the appropriate section.
blink
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

Ok, I wrote up a thorough walkthrough for the Moon Sheep quest and saved it but I know little to nothing about how to format the page really. Is there a way to make the text hidden in a step by step format so that people who visit the walkthrough have the option to only read what they want to read while the rest is hidden? Does that question make sense? I think it would be good if the walkthroughs were consistent in format and it would be good if visitors had the option to only read what they want to/choose to. Is this possible? If so can someone edit my contribution or explain to me how it might be done so that I can? Is there a template for doing that or is it all coding?
520 Beiträge Seite 1 von 52