Closure with Kim *ENDING MAJOR SPOILORS*

Moderator: Moderatoren

36 Beiträge Seite 2 von 4
Hjödir
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

einnashe hat geschrieben:
Hjödir hat geschrieben:
But what confused me the most: You destroyed the prophecy as mentioned above, even though the servant wants to kill you. But if there is no shadow god anymore there is no reason why she would kill you or even kill Kim.
I wonder about that. The prophecy says that the Shadow God will free mankind, but does destroying it not also free mankind from the cycle of light and shadow, thereby fulfilling itself?

Perhaps you haven't escaped fate after all.
Since you are no shadow god any longer you surely have escaped prophecy. By destroying it you also destroyed predicted fate.

Fate: Lightborned rule mankind for over thousands of years -> shadow god will rise and release mankind from lightborned -> cycle starts from begin and continues going on forever; this is what prophecy told us

And you are right, destroying it freed mankind, because the only sense of existance for the fates servant was destructing everything he loved and then release shadow gods from this kind a hell. So prophecy could be a synonym for fate.

But by giving up your powers there was no further sense of existance for the fate's servant, eventhough she killed your most beloved one.
Mitro
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 9 Mal

As I remind the end of Nehrim, Kim tried to help you and got killed for this.
Hjödir
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

Mitro hat geschrieben:
As I remind the end of Nehrim, Kim tried to help you and got killed for this.
How did she try to help you? Last thing she did was helping the dynamyte master to bomb the statue up. Then she ran away whilst shouting: I can't do this anymore. Arantheal said: Oh, don't worry, traitors are everywhere around, take care for her later. Next time I saw her, she was lying dead infornt of me. This exactly was the moment when she decided not to follow the way of the medal any longer.
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.

Just a quick thought.

Fate is the end, the finality of the roads (destiny) we walk. Without fate we have no destiny. Without a destiny we have no meaning.
Fate only followed her destiny, as we all do willingly. Another fate would appear as everything has a destiny.
Hjödir
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

TheHawk hat geschrieben:
Hi.

Just a quick thought.

Fate is the end, the finality of the roads (destiny) we walk. Without fate we have no destiny. Without a destiny we have no meaning.
Fate only followed her destiny, as we all do willingly. Another fate would appear as everything has a destiny.
Question is: Is fate something fixed that will happen or is it open and depending on things that happened before? And the answer is: Since the prophecy is destructed fate is depending on people's decisions.
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Question is: Is fate something fixed that will happen or is it open and depending on things that happened before? And the answer is: Since the prophecy is destructed fate is depending on people's decisions.
(My opinion of course) Fate has no shape, it is not predetermined. It is the finality (for everybody and anything) that waits at the end of there destiny. Is our destiny shaped? we all make choices. Within the game, it was my destiny to destroy the prophecy/fate. So do I have a fate left? It was the prophecies/fates destiny for me to destroy them. They met there fate. So yes, Fate depends on destiny. Destiny must have a fate.

Another question. Was it the lightborn / shadow gods who created fate? If so, they only being a higher form of man have left it open for another fate to be created, or is there more than one fate?
Hjödir
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

TheHawk hat geschrieben:
(My opinion of course) Fate has no shape, it is not predetermined. It is the finality (for everybody and anything) that waits at the end of there destiny. Is our destiny shaped? we all make choices. Within the game, it was my destiny to destroy the prophecy/fate. So do I have a fate left? It was the prophecies/fates destiny for me to destroy them. They met there fate. So yes, Fate depends on destiny. Destiny must have a fate.

Another question. Was it the lightborn / shadow gods who created fate? If so, they only being a higher form of man have left it open for another fate to be created, or is there more than one fate?
What exactly do you mean with: Fate has no shape? Fate is nothing natural, not something with a corpse?

Besides the fact we didn't really have a choice to destroy or not destroy the prophecy (we were ment to do it by the devs of the game) fate seems to be just a kind of snapshot in time. So yes we do have another fate left -> our fate surely is to die when time has gone or something happened, can't live forever. It's human nature to destroy the world we live in, as we see regarding what happens to our planet earth.

A quote of yahoo!answers:

Destiny versus fate

Although the words are used interchangeably in many cases, fate and destiny can be distinguished. Modern usage defines fate as a power or agency that predetermines and orders the course of events.

It weren't either the lighborn or the shadow gods who created fate because main problem I see here is: fate is something very personal, everybody has an own fate. It was just our fate to become a shadow god and then destroy the prophecy. So to answer your question: lightborn and shadow gods have just been parts of a game that repeated on and on for thousands of years and came to an end by the players interactions and decisions.
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.
(That was strange. Typed a load of stuff out and the page dissappeared !!!!!)
What exactly do you mean with: Fate has no shape? Fate is nothing natural, not something with a corpse?
Used as an allegory, same as, "an idea taking shape" or "the power to shape our lives".
Certain words also conjure up shapes in my head., such as "open" or "fixed", and then again not everything has a corpse and thinking laterally even an idea can have a shape. As in an idea is made up of brainwaves etc. I digress.

In this game, your right we had no choice. They did give Fate a shape though, they turned it into an entity. They also made it predeterminable (as in the quote you used) and so leant more towards thinking of fate as belonging to a devinity (thus my thoughts about lightborn/shadow gods), which again fitted in with the story. I on the other hand being atheist do not believe in predetermination or devinity.

I must also say, i do not believe
It's human nature to destroy the world we live in,
My opinion, it is mans stupidity,lack of knowledge and being easily manipulated by greedy/influential individuals and corporations( religions included in there. Not all but.....) who will push there own agenda at any cost.
Hjödir
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

Besides I don't think this is the right place to have such a kind of conversation, isn't it human's nature to long for more after we have reached first goals? Spirit, hm... what to say, I think it's important to have it, but not only some kind of spirit, but the right one. Don't confound self-appointed heroes but read what the bible tells. The worst caste is, if people get annoyed by taking priests as a standard, don't forget those all are humans too, so they are full of mistakes but read and deal with what God really wants from you.

Just had to write those lines because I conceive that you have made bad experiences by focussing humans of whom you thought how great the words they tell are but how fucked up their behavior is, because if you are really an atheist you need much more faith than someone who believes in Jesus Christ. Look at the world how everything works like a clockwork, personally I believe there must be some instructor behind everything. Coincidence seems to be some weak apologize to me.

Understanding allegories right is what I have problems with because I am not a native speeking english person ;) but I understand what you mean.

Mh lightborn and shadow gods are just two factions in a game (like chess) but maybe there is something behind those "gods". As it is told in a book (pity I can't remember the name of it) neither lightborn nor shadow gods have formed the world we live in.

PS: Maybe we can discourse this per PM ;-) cause it already blows up the topic and even the game content.
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi
Besides I don't think this is the right place to have such a kind of conversation
Yor right. Just that the storyline, fate/ divinity/ religion etc is always something that has fascinated me/ made me think.
because if you are really an atheist you need much more faith than someone who believes in Jesus Christ
I have a lot of faith and beliefs. Even though I am not, you must remember that one of the largest religions is basically atheist - think Bhuddism or Jainism.
36 Beiträge Seite 2 von 4