Changing Font Size

Moderator: Moderatoren

14 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
JohnnyC
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

I was wondering is there a way to make font size bigger?
ARCangel0515
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Thank you so much for starting this thread. It makes me happy that I am not the only person that is experiencing this problem.

I just installed Nehrim and I was also curious if the font size could be increased. I have also found that the text/subtitles are extremely difficult for me to read, especially since they are in a non-standard font. I hope that there will possibly be an option to make the font size larger in the future and I am sure that others, as well as myself, would greatly appreciate something like this.

Nevertheless, I am looking forward to playing the game. It has been fantastic this far. :)
ajs
Gauner
Gauner

I agree it would be great to be able to increase the font size. For us who play the game on our home theater PC, the current text size is to small to read comfortably.

I would imagine it would be simple to restore the original Oblivion font size. Also, some of us are used to the original Oblivion UI, including the inventory interface. Any chance to restore this as well?

I just started playing Nehrim and I'm very impressed so far. This is great work!!!
hk11
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I think the font the game uses in stored in the oblivion.ini file. At least that's where DarnUI has the entries. You would just need to find a font you like, put it in the right place and edit the ini, but I dont know what problems this might cause with menus, etc. (also not in front of my home computer so Im just going from what I "think" I have seen in the past :D)

If you have a vanilla oblivion install you could install the latest darn and choose the large fonts, and then copy the fonts and ini setting to your modded install.
tandcemeson
Gauner
Gauner

Unfortunately it didn't appear to make a difference as Nehrim seems already to include the Darn fonts - either that or the settings are stored somewhere else. There is no other fonts located in the data/fonts directory as I did a complete reinstall of Oblivion before applying Nehrim. My oblivion.ini has the large fonts already in the [fonts] section.

Bummer, being on a laptop with 1366x768 makes it really hard at times to read the subtitles. I tried lowering the resolution, but that just makes the environment look horrible.
ajs
Gauner
Gauner

tandcemeson
Gauner
Gauner

I saw that thread too, however while it fixes the general font sizes, it does not affect the subtitles.
ajs
Gauner
Gauner

In my case, ALL font sizes changed, including subtitles. The game now looks identical to Oblivion default interface.
tandcemeson
Gauner
Gauner

Bummer! Most of mine changed like the inv, loading screens, etc. However the subtitles and conversation choices stayed small. Curious, do you have the retail or steam version?
ajs
Gauner
Gauner

Have the old retail version.
14 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2