Tarpit CTD

Moderator: Moderatoren

31 Beiträge Seite 2 von 4
petteripenetraattori
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Yeah, I have this very issue as well. Tried couple of things and the only solution that has worked so far is to finish the quest by cheats. But this leaves me with one achievement which I cannot complete, which bugs me a lot. I really wanna 100% this game.

Mods: 11 (+ENB), disabled them all and issue still persists.
Loading an earlier save from like 20 levels ago: Tarpit works as intended (I was able to kill the Blind Miner)
Verifying game cache via Steam: Doesn't fix the issue but kills my ENB.
Re-installing the whole game and continuing my save: Crashes to desktop
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

Which mods and which ENB did you install?
Disabling mods does not delete their remaining files, you would also have to uninstall them and repair Enderal afterwards with Steam.
Even a new installation does not delete these remnants, only a manual cleanup. This also affects possibly incompatible ENB's.

But you could show us your saved games, so we can test it on clean installations. (please no auto- or quicksave)
You can find them here: C:\Users\...\Documents\my games\Enderal\Saves , we always need the -.skse and the -.ess file,
just put them in an archive (zip/rar or 7z) and attach them together here. (the forum doesn't accept *.skse directly)

However, if the error is caused by mods hanging in the save, there may be little we can do about it.
petteripenetraattori
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Thanks for looking into this, although I suppose the best course of action would be, in the end, to just make a new game after this one with clean game, you know, with uninstalling the game and and all mods and whatnot. Heinous task, but oh well, you gotta pay the price for modding too much I suppose.

Rudy ENB
Tree Emissive Remover (fix trees for ENB)
Enderal Tracking Tool
Enderal Amnesia Shrine (stat reset)
Refraction Crystals (gems glow more)
Dynamic Fast Travel
Sickening Skeevers, Marvelous Mudcrabs, Tyrannical Trolls and Savage Wolves (skeleton edits)
Smelter at Sun Temple
Interesting mod (more interest per day in bank)
Dateianhänge
Save 25.zip
Save at Tarpit Caverns, just before walking into the CTD causing area
(2.22 MiB) 59-mal heruntergeladen
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

unfortunately, I don't have good news:
Your Save crashes with me too, so I have to assume that something is defective in there (cause unknown).
My own Saves at this place work without problems, but they are a bit older.
So if I were you I would try the whole thing again with an old save (without mods and with a clean installation).
Sabikd
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

I have the same issue now, game crashes when moving to TarPit location using a sign or just by walking there. I have clean game version from Steam, no additional mods were installed. I tried to reinstall game, clear cache, nothing helped. It is very sad that I can't finish quests, related to this location :(

I have been to this location long time ago, when I first arrived to Ark at level 10 or so, and now I am level 31, so it is not an option to replay all those hours...

See my save game file attached. Hope for some help...
Dateianhänge
Сохранить 426 - Эльза Подгород Рынок 90.35.56.ess
save game file
(4.39 MiB) 52-mal heruntergeladen
Sabikd
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Also, I am not the only one having this issue, for example see this discussion on Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/enderal/commen ... yone_know/
Sabikd
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

What can I do to help fix this issue? What I noticed is that it is kind of new problem, all forum topics about this crash (found in google) started to appear about 2 months ago... Maybe I need to post a bug on your bug tracker? Thanks in advance...
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi, welcome to the forum!

sorry to hear that you're having this problem :(
we're aware of it, but have no idea what causes it.
it would be indeed really nice if you could open a ticket in the bugtracker (please add the *.skse file of your save though)
thank you!
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

There are already entries in the bugtracker (e.g. here in german), but we might need a complete game.
A score always consists of 2 files, a -.ess and a -.skse fileFrom you the -.skse file is still missing.
You can attach your save (with comment) there.

SKSE cannot be attached directly in the forum, here is the best way to put both files into one archive, e.g. as ZIP; RAW or 7z.
Sabikd
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Thanks, I wrote my comment in this bug:
https://sureai.net/tracker/view.php?id=1892

Also see my both save game file attached in this comment.
Dateianhänge
my_enderal_savegame.7z
(1.58 MiB) 59-mal heruntergeladen
31 Beiträge Seite 2 von 4