Enderal launcher launches skyrim instead 

Moderator: Moderatoren

25 Beiträge Seite 2 von 3
mkerr3001
Bettler
Bettler

I am having issues also, I start in steam from steam library and game starts I get the Skyrim Dragon Icon and music and menu. I choose New and menu disappears and stays on this screen forever … nothing loads and nothing changes, music continues to play and icon is still in place and smoke on start still swirling but nothing else. I have tried running it. no mods are enabled and I have resolution set to 16;9 and 1920 : 1080.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

27.09.2019 05:18mkerr3001 hat geschrieben:
I am having issues also, I start in steam from steam library and game starts I get the Skyrim Dragon Icon and music and menu.
I choose New and menu disappears and stays on this screen forever … nothing loads and nothing changes,
music continues to play and icon is still in place and smoke on start still swirling but nothing else. I have tried running it.
no mods are enabled and I have resolution set to 16;9 and 1920 : 1080.
hi, welcome to the forum :)

we moved your post to an older thread that sounds a bit more like your issue :)

as described in the other posts:
20.04.2019 17:56urst hat geschrieben:
hi, welcome to the forum :)

try to delete the two *.ini from (...\Documents\My Games\Enderal);
(the game will create new ones on launch)
and restart the game (via Steam -> launcher, don't use shortcuts please)

( you could also check the paths in Data/SKSE/Plugins/SkyrimRedirector.ini,
they should point to the aforementioned ini files.)*

if it doesn't work, please attach the launcher.log from ...\Enderal\Enderallauncher\system\log.

thank you :)
* that one should be fixed
21.04.2019 15:28Kermit 61 hat geschrieben:
[...]
- Could you check, if there's a write protection on the Enderal Folder?
- “Controlled File Access” might also block. Disable it or whithelist the game folder.
please let Steam verify your game files after that,
just to be sure
mkerr3001
Bettler
Bettler

ok tried everything that everyone suggested and still no joy … still will not do anything but play music after I click explore enderal.

Adding this, I also went back in to Skyrim and made sure no other mods were loading as I did have mods when I last played but made sure to turn them all off.
Dateianhänge
Launcher.log
(55 KiB) 83-mal heruntergeladen
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

if you're using the up-to-date Version of Enderal, Skyrim (and it's mods) shouldn't have any influence on it :)

- are you using a ModManager? those may use their own *.ini files, don't know about the location.
- what is E:/ ? if it's an external harddrive you may want to try another install location.
- you need writing rights on these folders and the included *.exe und *.ini files
\Steam\SteamApps\common\Enderal
\AppData\Local\Enderal
\Documents\My Games\Enderal

(by the sound of your answer you already saw to that, just want to make sure :) )
mkerr3001
Bettler
Bettler

I have two internal hard drives and all steam files are on the E drive. Also did make sure write protect was off and am not using mod manager … worked directly from steam workshop. Verified and reverified the files … and still as soon as I hit explore Enderal it just sits on the icon screen and smoke swirling and music playing and nothing else. … kind of at a loss as I have followed all instructions and even deleted the INI files and everything. lol Kind of stumped here.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

hm.

forgot to ask, even if "antivirus" is mentioned in the first post
- please make sure that your antivirus, Windows Defender and your Firewall don't block the
Enderal Launcher.exe, tes5.exe and skse_loader.exe
--> let these apps use administrator rights
- “Controlled File Access” might block the Launcher/Skyrim/skse blockieren. disable or whithelist them

if that doesn't work either you may need to reinstall.
(via Steam, additionally delete the aforementioned folders (except saves if you have any?))
for testing purposes a new folder on C:/ would be optimal.
(if it works on c/: you can try to change the directory again)
mkerr3001
Bettler
Bettler

have checked all this and even uninstalled and reinstalled … still will not progress … sorry guys was really looking forward to trying this but something is wrong somewhere … it starts it gives menu and when I click button or push enter it just sits and loops and doesn't progress … I appreciate the effort you guys put in to make this game as from what I have read it is more than a mod … I am apparently not destined to try it lol. Good luck on future products
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

sorry to hear that :/
(at least one of these things always seemed to help :( )

last thing I could think of would be windows itself -
can't think of a real reason, but maybe the latest update/lack of an update has something to do with it.
mkerr3001
Bettler
Bettler

I'm running OS 1903 that's the last I know of
p1ratew3nch
Bettler
Bettler

I'm having this issue too. I know that the Enderal file in steam\steamapps\common is set to read-only on mine, and I can't change that (I'm trying, but it resets once I close the properties box). The Enderal_default and EnderalPrefs_default are all listed as "configuration settings", and don't have the .ini attached. I downloaded it through Steam and verified the program files (all is well there). And the Skyrim redirecter has a .dll file and another "configuration settings" file, and a text document.

Anything else?

Oh! I also posted in the subreddit here
25 Beiträge Seite 2 von 3