Missing Textures 

Moderator: Moderatoren

5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
GradusNL
Bettler
Bettler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

First off, thanks for taking the time to read this thread.
I've recently installed the steam version of Enderal and encountered several instances of missing textures, these are a lantern missing textures in the butcher room during the nightmare and two instances involving rock or dirt in the ruin at the start of the game and the abandoned tower just afterwards.
[+] Pictures
Bild
Bild
I've tried verifying the files through steam and tried running the game without any mods (using MO2) neither of which had any effect. I hope this is obvious enough to be read, as it got disregarded on the steam forum. Not sure why there is an entire section dedicated to support when you just get referred to this forum either...

I am using the following mods in case you want to know:
Bild
I also used to run Enhanced Blood Textures but removed that when it seemed to cause some issues during the cutscene when the guy got murdered on the ship. (He disappeared and my screen got covered in blood during the actual murder)
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

Hello GradusNL
Steam is quickly confusing by error messages, in the forum we have also more possibilities.
We are not able to fix errors caused by the installation of mods. Be careful with mods, especially older or skyrim mods often cause problems.
Mods are not supported by us.

Solution 1: please disabling all mods and delete the two *.ini from: (...\Documents\My Games\Enderal); the game will create new ones on launch. Disabling mods is not always enough, possibly files in the game folder that have the same addresses as the original remain active.

Solution 2: Uninstall all mods (complete cleanup) and perform a game check with Steam.
This will remove or repair most of the changed files.

Solution3: clean reinstall, If this is not possible or not sufficient, only a clean reinstallation will help.
You need to uninstall all mods and enderal-profiles in your mod managers.
Then uninstall Enderal and delete the following 3 folders:
  • : ....\Steam\SteamApps\common\Enderal (installation-folder of Enderal)
  • : ...user...\Documents\My Games\Enderal (game-settings and savegames, save them before, if necessary))
  • : ...User...\AppData\Local\Enderal (Mod-Settings)
and then reinstall Enderal.

Restart the computer and have fun
GradusNL
Bettler
Bettler

23.08.2019 12:59Stefanie hat geschrieben:
Solution3: clean reinstall, If this is not possible or not sufficient, only a clean reinstallation will help.
You need to uninstall all mods and enderal-profiles in your mod managers.
Then uninstall Enderal and delete the following 3 folders:
  • : ....\Steam\SteamApps\common\Enderal (installation-folder of Enderal)
  • : ...user...\Documents\My Games\Enderal (game-settings and savegames, save them before, if necessary))
  • : ...User...\AppData\Local\Enderal (Mod-Settings)
and then reinstall Enderal.

Restart the computer and have fun
This last solution worked for me (minus uninstalling mods), solution 1 had no effect and I already tried solution 2.
The mods had no effect on the missing textures, as I already figured out before coming here.
Something was wrong with the install itself, which is why I came here. I understand you must deal with a lot of users who attribute issues with mods to Enderal, but I don't appreciate getting told "mods bad" repeatedly when I said that the issue appears regardless of the usage of mods.
Thank you for your help.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

23.08.2019 15:58GradusNL hat geschrieben:
This last solution worked for me (minus uninstalling mods), solution 1 had no effect and I already tried solution 2.
The mods had no effect on the missing textures, as I already figured out before coming here.
Something was wrong with the install itself, which is why I came here. I understand you must deal with a lot of users
who attribute issues with mods to Enderal, but I don't appreciate getting told "mods bad" repeatedly
when I said that the issue appears regardless of the usage of mods.
Thank you for your help.
good to know it worked :)

the thing is - we technically shouldn't even support modded games ;)
there is a difference between deactivating a mod, uninstalling it, and doing a clean reinstall.
that might be different with MO2, but we need to make sure that mods are really not the reason for the bug,
even if the user seems to know what they're doing.
(it sort of less of an issue with textures but really important regarding pretty much everything else)
GradusNL
Bettler
Bettler

23.08.2019 17:17urst hat geschrieben:
the thing is - we technically shouldn't even support modded games ;)
there is a difference between deactivating a mod, uninstalling it, and doing a clean reinstall.
that might be different with MO2, but we need to make sure that mods are really not the reason for the bug,
even if the user seems to know what they're doing.
(it sort of less of an issue with textures but really important regarding pretty much everything else)
I completely understand the issue with modded games from a support standpoint and I am glad that support is offered despite the "modded" nature of my game. MO2 is quite useful when you need to check if a bug is mod-related or vanilla.
The special fact about MO2 is that it uses a Virtual File System (VFS) instead of actually installing your mods into the Data folder of the game.
MO2 uses it's VFS to trick the game and other programs into thinking that the mods are installed in the data folder while they are actually installed in their own separated folders. This VFS is called USVFS (User Space VFS), which is different from the VFS that MO1 used, since the old one did not support 64bit programs, but it works on a similar concept.
Which means that only programs started through MO2 will see the mods, while for the rest of the world the game will remain vanilla.
The vanilla game files remained untouched, all I had to do to check if the bug was vanilla or a mod is launch the game without using MO2. Nevertheless I understand your hesitation surrounding modded games. I hope this explanation is useful to you, seeing as you seemed to show an interest.
5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1