cannot draw weapons after myrad trip 

Moderator: Moderatoren

9 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
earthdude
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Hello,

Whenever I travel by myrad, I appear in the new location in 3rd person view and unable to draw weapons. I am able to switch back to 1st person view, but still cannot draw weapons.

The inability to draw weapons seems to be an infrequent problem since there's quite limited information on the internet. The only suggestion that I could potentially carry out, sitting in and getting back up from a chair, doesn't work for me. When I activate a chair, I start to sit down, but then I don't actually sit in the chair.

Going back to a previous save is the only way to be able to draw my weapons. No matter when I try to ride a myrad, the problem recurs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

PS: I have not yet tried to reverify my installation to see if that fixes the problem; I will try that as soon as I get home.
PPS: The other thing that's been suggested is to clone a chair at my location and try the same process described above. I have not yet tried this as I haven't used the console in Skyrim before (other than tcl or tgm on occasion).
Kermit 61
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 525 Mal

Welcome to the forum :)
30.07.2019 21:15earthdude hat geschrieben:
PS: I have not yet tried to reverify my installation to see if that fixes the problem; I will try that as soon as I get home.
Good idea!

Since when does the problem occur?
Does it still work correctly with an old save? So your installation or the save is the cause?
Did you install mods? Disable and uninstall them.

Otherwise please send us two saves. One before and one after the problem occurs (before and after Myrad flight).
They're found in (...\Documents\My Games\Enderal\Saves) - we'll need the *.ess and the *.skse file.
Pack both to a zip/rar archive (the forum doesn't accept *.skse).
earthdude
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

As follow-up:
1. Verifying the installation didn't find any issues.
2. No mods installed.

I will work on getting save games uploaded (probably Friday as I have some more free time then).
earthdude
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I've attached my pre- and post-flight saves.

Thanks for investigating.
Dateianhänge
cantdrawweaponsaftermyradflight.zip
pre and post flight saves
(3.16 MiB) 54-mal heruntergeladen
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi :)

there is a bug with the Skyrim engine (that carried over to Enderal) that is probably the cause -
if you save with a weapon/spell equipped (and load that save?) you may not be able to use the mouse to fight (for a while).

Enderal saves right before the flight, so the bug probably occures when you try to travel with an equipped weapon/spell.
(I tried both ways with your save and it seemed to work that way, hope it wasn't just a coincidence)

in conclusion -
don't keep your hands full of fire when talking to people and you should be able to happily burn away when landing again
(it's impolite anyway ;) )
earthdude
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Thanks for investigating that!

Indeed. I removed everything from my hands and I was able to fly the myrad again without difficulty. What's strange is that I'm sure I had something equipped before this started happening.

While I was dealing with this, I bought tons of "teleport" scrolls, which made life much easier anyway. And walking instead of taking the myrad flight forced me to explore more. So all in all, this "bug" turned out to be a feature for me. :)
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

hi, thanks for getting back to this, glad it worked out :thumbsup:

but I think I (being german and all) mistyped :dead: ; you can keep you stuff equipped, just not unsheathed.
(or whatever word one would use for magic :?: )
earthdude
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Sorry for the lengthy delay in replying...

Yes! You are right. Odd that I only ever tried to ride a myrad while my weapons were unsheathed.

On another note, I have found that on occasion the myrad in the southern quarter is not there. After speaking to the myrad keeper, the myrad will then appear, but the animation where the player mounts the myrad doesn't play. Eventually, you will appear at your requested destination.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

hi :)
the missing Myrad is a known bug, but not really fixable.
we don't know what causes it :/
9 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1