No Keyboard Input 

Moderator: Moderatoren

11 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
FeliciaZion
Bettler
Bettler

Good evening from Texas. :)

I’m having a problem regarding the keyboard. The keyboard works when I’m doing normal things but when I launch Enderal, the keyboard stops working.

I’ve searched the internet and only two results came up. I tried those solutions(disabling steam overlay and I didn’t download what steam called the dlcs; I also uninstalled and reinstalled it) and the problem still persists.

I just updated my Windows 10 to the 1809 build(had to for the most recent mod organizer 2 version. I even went into the settings to make sure my settings were good.

Enderal was working fine before this update(Win10).

I’m at a complete loss :x :?: :(

Any assistance is appreciated. :)
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

hi, welcome to the forum :)

did you restart steam after disabling the overlay?
(if not, try that)

do you have a controller attached? usually both should work, "sometimes" they apparently don't.
you might also need to the ini:

- open the "EnderalPrefs.ini" in ...\My Documents\My Games\Enderal (with a text editor, like notepad)
- locate the line "bGamepadEnable=1" and change it to "bGamepadEnable=0"
- save, close the file, and try again

this post in the steam forums claims that the onscreen keyboard needs to use the same language as Skyrim (in this case Enderal)
you can open it with "osk" in the searchbar.
(maybe the windows update reset it?)

hope something of that helps :)
FeliciaZion
Bettler
Bettler

Hi there. :3.

By restarting steam that means closing and reopening right? I have. But of course when I get home I’ll check to see if that problem is rectified. I shut my computer down each night before I go to sleep.

I already checked the ini and the game pad is disabled. :).

Now my Keyboard is set to English-US :3

osk? I am a bit of a noob regarding keyboard settings mainly cause I never had this problem before tbh, but what is the osk? 8)
FeliciaZion
Bettler
Bettler

Also if that steam post is what I’m thinking, I did change the settings to English-US because of that post. Also my German is extremely rusty since I only took German for a year when I was in high school haha. :P
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

26.06.2019 16:22FeliciaZion hat geschrieben:
By restarting steam that means closing and reopening right? I have. But of course when I get home I’ll check to see
if that problem is rectified. I shut my computer down each night before I go to sleep.
yeah, completely closing steam (not just the window, it probably closes in the System Tray, next to the clock).
if you shut down your PC in the meantime that should be covered :)
osk? I am a bit of a noob regarding keyboard settings mainly cause I never had this problem before tbh, but what is the osk? 8)
the
OnScreenKeyboard ;)
I think it just boils down to "Skyrim (/Enderal) should use the same keyboard layout as Windows"
(or the other way around)
e.g. it may lead to problems if you try to play the english version with a russian keyboard layout (I guess).

maybe remove and replug the keyboard?
does it have driver software? maybe it needs to be reinstalled after the windows update?
FeliciaZion
Bettler
Bettler

Afternoon. :3

Of course. ^_^

Ok. Well I did actually. My keyboard is not a wireless one and it’s a Sportsbot. I got the keyboard set which came with a mouse and headset. I can check online to see if Sportsbot would have such software(I forgot where I put the manuals). I know wireless keyboards have such things but not sure about keyboards that aren’t wireless. :)
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

hi FeliciaZion
-What language does your operating system use, English? (thesame as for Enderal or Steam?)
-Have you recently changed keyboard layouts ingame?
-You have already the installation checked by Steam?
-Please delete the two -.ini-files from (...\Documents\My Games\Enderal),
the game will clean recreate them with Enderal-Launcher the next time you start the game.
-Please attach here the launcher.log from ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Enderal\Enderallauncher\system\log

-A skyrim installation and its DLC´s have no influence on Enderal anymore, it's enough if she registered skyrim-32bit-version on Steam.
-If you have any mods for Enderal installed, disable or better uninstall them.
We cannot support Mod´s and external tools (like ModOrganizer), for this you have to contact their manufacturers.

-We also can't support updates from Windows, only Microsoft can. Check your drivers and background programs.
for testing: turn off unnecessary background-programs that may overlap with the game. (Don't forget your settings backup)
-A normal USB keyboard/mouse usually doesn't need special drivers, except those from MS,
other models can have different drivers, methods and error causes.
FeliciaZion
Bettler
Bettler

Hi Stephanie

1) yes, it is set to English
2) no there’s no need for such changes so I didn’t
3) yes and I also uninstalled/reinstalled the game(thus reinstalling the ini files
4) regarding mods and Mod Organizer 2, things were working perfectly before so it’s unlikely they have an effect.

I can see if there are any background programs overlapping somehow should the problem persist. :) though I do wonder what sort of background programs would most likely cause an issue such as this.
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

26.06.2019 22:59FeliciaZion hat geschrieben:
3) yes and I also uninstalled/reinstalled the game(thus reinstalling the ini files
by a normal deinstallation the folder ...\Documents\My Games\Enderal remains, so also the settings (-.ini) and savegames (folder "save").
26.06.2019 22:59FeliciaZion hat geschrieben:
though I do wonder what sort of background programs would most likely cause an issue such as this.
Capture programs, additional software for the keyboard and similar...
FeliciaZion
Bettler
Bettler

Gotcha. :).

Well when I got home I turned on the computer and now my keyboard is working again with Enderal. So it does look like the shut down of the computer got things right(looks like a steam issue). :3

I truly thank y’all for the assistance. 8) :D :thumbsup:
11 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2