Enderal Fogotten Stories ships with outdated MCM scripts..

Moderator: Moderatoren

4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
smashly
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Hi,
I'm currently writing a custom object mover/spawner mod for Enderal FS (iWant is the mods name).
I notice that the MCM source scripts that ship with current Enderal FS (v1.5.4.0) do not have the MCM text Input control functions and events.
eg: AddInputOption(), OnOptionInputOpen(), OnOptionInputAccept()
Which suggests that the MCM and it's scripts that shipped with Enderal FS are not up to date.

Are there intentions of adding the current version of MCM and it's scripts to Enderal FS?
As I really don't want to point people to install newer MCM/scripts and I don't want to provide updated mcm scripts with my mod.
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

Enderal has its own customized SKSE version, other versions may cause problems
(as well as the current official version).
Therefore, we do not recommend to install another version.
smashly
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

What do you mean?
SKSE is not what I'm talking about.
The MCM scripts that ship with Enderal is not up to date, it has nothing to do with SKSE being a custom version...
If I release a mod that has MCM text input controls then the user will have problems.

If your refering to my actual mover/spawner mod, then that's not a problem as I already have it fully functional in Enderal Forgotten Stories.

Just can not release to public since the MCM that ships with Enderal is the problem for other users due to it being an older version that does not have the text input controls and events.
For me I updated Enderal MCM components without issue at all, but I don't want to have to release a patch to update other users mcm components or have to write long winded tutorials on how to update MCM components in Enderal.

By the looks of your response it looks like I'll end up having to remove the MCM text input side of my mod if I want to release it to public..
I can move the text input side of my mod in to UILib text input, but it sort of make my menus clunkier to use in this instance.
In other words reduce ease of use functionality of my mod.
I already use the UILib text input that ships with Enderal FS for when a user stores a targeted objects base form to spawn elsewhere so they can give the form token a name to identify it to spawn later.
Ahh well thank you for taking the time to respond anyway.
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

I think only the source is outdated. The compiled scripts are fine, so you should be able to use those functions.
4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1